• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Classes were not balanced in Bastion...they were either broken OP, bad, or just broken (by broken I mean their overall class) in general. Everyone stuck to a few classes that were just better than the others.
IMO I think all the rogues were ok bloodmage was op paladin wasn't as bad as it is now goon was op idk about wizard, beguiler and pyro op, Sammy op, but people did still play like bard ninja dk etc

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
So from what I see here is an argument/disagreement between people who want to go back to something they remember was a lot of fun, but also did have some issues and people who don't want to go back to that because they see too many problems with it. Guys is this really something you guys are disagreeing about? As a server owner there is prob only a few rules. One of which is never go back. Instead of remembering the past why not make the current better? Tell us what you liked from the previous maps and what should be improved. Do not resort to name calling "your just a kid who tries to suck up every chance you get, btw anevia is SUPER nice not SUPPER nice, at least edit the post instead of having your town bust a nut because I tried to be nice". That is just plain rude. Guys pull together and actually help or you guys can leave this thread because your comments are not relevant to making better changes.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I have no idea why people would want to go back to the Baston era, which apparently ( According to you guys included )

Laggy Servers
Outdated Server ( There aren't even Anvils *Ghasp* )
Constant Ganking
Unballanced classes ( Sure they aren't perfect now but they seem a lot better )
Lack of Attributes
Constant Abuse of Older members against new ones @NoobKillers
Constant Raiding
Constant Harrasment
Constant 10v10s ( Which just sounds terrible, 3v3 and 5v5's sound much better )
The lack of Township 3.0 ( Which is just #*(%ing awesome, btw Thank you Multi and Pheonix! )

Now as much as I would LOVE to have this ( Sarcasm Level 100 )...
I think a much better solution than complaining and pestering Kainzo for a time machine back to Baston, is to actually suggest REASONABLE stuff to add to Aegius. That would be a lot more productive and doesn't just clutter a Forum full of hate that Kainzo will probably not take any idea's from.

k Peeps? :D
Lag
  • It is more laggy now than it was before
  • We used to have 100+ people on and have lag
  • Now we have 40 on and get the same amount of lag
Outdated Server
  • We lose some things, a few blocks, mechanical changes, and some profession stuff
Unbalanced Classes
  • I stated that the broken classes of the Bastion era would not return because they were broken
  • Please read all the posts thoroughly next time
Lack of Attributes
  • Attributes play no role in HeroCraft right now
  • People will almost always choose the most effective build; this build closely resembles the power of a class before attributes existed
  • It does not successfully allow someone to customize a class (only their armor), if you change your build too much from the best build you just end up getting shit on
Constant Abuse of Older members against new ones @NoobKillers
  • This has been consistent in every single map
  • Even more so this map due to the lack of other older players. The only people to fight is the newcomers.
Constant Raiding
  • The Non-PvP towns get raided even more now because the lack of other PvPers.
Constant Harassment
  • Harassment has been fluent in all the maps. It certainly has not changed on Aegis
Constant 10v10s
  • I have participated in close to every type of #d battle. 20v20, 10v10, 5v5, 3v3. Overall the most enjoyable fights were 10v10s, even if they were somewhat hectic.
  • 20v20s are just hectic and impossible to coordinate in (consists of everyone just spamming AOEs)
  • 5v5s are fun but in the end you need to leave out a bunch of your townies and friends because you can only PvP with 5 people
The Lack of Townships 3.0
  • Townships 3.0 will not be fun without a large amount of people actively playing on HeroCraft
  • Right now I doubt the active population on HeroCraft could sustain two top tier towns that would fight eachother
  • It is a fun plugin but it wont work without multiple large groups of active players
For the PvP comments you made about the 10v10s not being fun, is to be blunt...dumb. You do not PvP so I doubt you can actually tell the difference of enjoyment between different sized fights.

There are a large abundance of threads that apply to Aegis in hopes of making it better. Often enough the threads get some attention but in the end something rarely happens. Or we get promised that it will happen but never hear about it again

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Drastic change can and are happening right now. Kainzo said attributes are going to be thrown out soon. He's also got drastic changes planned for the heroes classes. I won't say what they are, but it should be really good. Also, you're getting a whole new townships system that everyone who's tried it has liked. Also, he's got something else coming out that he's been working on for the past 8 months. I won't say what that is either, but it's going to be really cool.

The guy knows what he's doing.
No, attributes arent going to be thrown out. How they are being applied, will be changed.

We're going to go for something more simple and a little more back to the basics. I'll be drawing up designs for it soon :)

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
  • Townships 3.0 will not be fun without a large amount of people actively playing on HeroCraft
  • Right now I doubt the active population on HeroCraft could sustain two top tier towns that would fight eachother
  • It is a fun plugin but it wont work without multiple large groups of active players
During the Townships 3.0 Siege Test #2 we had a TON of people on and we had 2 big towns. Starting off we had enough room to support 10 players per town. At the start of the event we had such a flood of players we had to quickly build more room to support the players. We had easily 30-40 players on at once on just the Siege test. There continued to be constant player at about 10-20 players with 5-10 players being at slow times for the server. By the way this was in under 24 hours. We were expecting numbers to increase over the following days. I think this will be good for players. During the next test you should come watch. Also adding awesome things that I hope players will enjoy.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Lies! All Lies!!

Seriously you have no idea what you're talking about. It's still fun whether you have a tier 1 town or a tier 6 town. Even if you don't have a town you can still go around blowing other people's towns up.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Assuming the wiki is correct. The tier 4 town has a max of 36 people active people. That's more active people than paragon (final tier in bastion) had the last half of the map.

The new townships will require less people. Case and point the current township's tier 2 needs the same amount of people as the new township's tier 4. It'd also have a tax that is almost half the cost as the current townships' equivalence.

I haven't even played it yet and that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@devotedworker stop trying to suck up to coders and Kainzo or get out, that's all you do and it's annoying.

On another note people won't care about the new towns unless you have something to bring them there, sure things like Sammy are coming back but after a year of waiting? That's too long, and what about other things like karma that were put in then taken and set aside? I don't know about zeal or dg but Bastion was much better than Haven or Aegis even with all of its flaws it was much better. Everyone was on 1 map, there were more people, the server was much MUCH less complicated, and overall the map looked much nicer and looks like more effort was out into it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Could be just me, but it seems like everyone thinks that if HC goes back to the old days we will magically get more people...

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@devotedworker On another note people won't care about the new towns unless you have something to bring them there, sure things like Sammy are coming back but after a year of waiting?
Well, there are a number of things that will bring people to towns. For one, you will be making money by operating farms/mines/factories, doing trade runs to other towns, building and defending. Towns require structures now. Also they can be destroyed by sieging them over several days/weeks. Of course people are going to be spending a lot more time in town.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, there are a number of things that will bring people to towns. For one, you will be making money by operating farms/mines/factories, doing trade runs to other towns, building and defending. Towns require structures now. Also they can be destroyed by sieging them over several days/weeks. Of course people are going to be spending a lot more time in town.
Great so this is going to be turned into ArcheAge... nobody cares about money that's easy enough already

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Great so this is going to be turned into ArcheAge... nobody cares about money that's easy enough already
Nobody cares about money because there is nothing to spend it on, the buildings for towns are going to take money...

Hopefully the upcoming custom item system will revive the economy.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Nobody cares about money because there is nothing to spend it on, the buildings for towns are going to take money...

Hopefully the upcoming custom item system will revive the economy.
there is plenty to spend it on but its just not worth anything

Xhazed

Portal
I mean why are PVErs in a server like this what do you earn by playing here and not in a creative or just any other server, because you are practically wasting heros aka not using the main class the fighting ones. And dont say that pvpers dont use proffesions thats a lie thats how you make the gwap. So please explain to me why PVE here?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I mean why are PVErs in a server like this what do you earn by playing here and not in a creative or just any other server, because you are practically wasting heros aka not using the main class the fighting ones. And dont say that pvpers dont use proffesions thats a lie thats how you make the gwap. So please explain to me why PVE here?
Cause using heroes skills are just plain fun?
Combat skills work on mobs too. Sure you lose out with skills such as Disarm but the damage skills and even stuns (I think they work now) work on mobs. Some people just wanna mess around with their pals and Bone Spear a zombies face in.

Xhazed

Portal
Cause using heroes skills are just plain fun?
Combat skills work on mobs too. Sure you lose out with skills such as Disarm but the damage skills and even stuns (I think they work now) work on mobs. Some people just wanna mess around with their pals and Bone Spear a zombies face in.
Can they do that on the pvp server or is that toggld off?

Status
Not open for further replies.