• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhazed

Portal
*Looks for the vid of glob beating you*

Townships 3.0- Meant to increase pvp by adding safezones in your house, seems legit
*looks at how xhazed qasnt ready on the first fight and he still had to layhand health pot and poison mr and on 2 fight same shiet bre get gud my anos ready*

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I get the feeling that you type a lot of words out to make it appear that your argument is more valid. I've been here long enough to remember forum post suggesting the things I've mentioned to be changed or removed. Most of which received a ton of positive feedback.

Parties being cut to 5 played a significant role in the freeps leaving. Attributes cause some of Umbra to leave. PVE caused even more players to leave. The biased ways balance happens now has caused players to leave. Things being promised and not delivered has caused people to leave as well. Rpg/custom items/Sammy/etc have been told were coming forever.

I think if we hold off on projects with no end in sight, and focus on building up a player base by adding smooth gameplay and simplicity you will keep new members. Also if we cater to the obvious wants of veteran players, you will bring them back. It's quite simple. I have watched forum posts made asking for things like this for quite some time now, and nothing happens, and people leave 1 by 1

I don't type a lot of words at all in my opinion, but regardless each time I create a post I cover it with enough detail so that it's clear and understandable. But I'm not even in an argument am I? I'm stating facts rather than opinions regarding this whole topic. If you've got a problem with how balance is taking place, apply for balance or actually create a forum post with valid reasons other than 'I don't like it, nerf it or this is sooooo OP'.

Things not belong delivered when originally expected is part of life, not every aspect goes to plan as we don't live in a perfect world. Please don't expect that the staff can provide an experience to cater to each specific player as that cannot and will not happen. It's just impossible. But regarding building the player base up. Who's to say that's the current goal of this sever? The actual server goals may be to push these newer developments forward implemented a lot more content before trying to build up the active player count?

I disagree with catering to any 'veterans'. This server as a whole is moving forward, catering to people stuck in the past with how things were will only stump the potential this sever has.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I haven't got a clue what you're trying to explain in point 1? Also, with your second point. I haven't seen any forum posts regarding township 3.0 made by yourself. If you're going to make statements like that, please (as said before) make a detailed forum post explaining why you feel that way. Rather than complaining, give active feedback to help Improve that experience. Also with your point 3.

Sure everyone may like a new map every now and then but the fact that the map doesn't reset every month or so is a attractive feature this server has(especially for PVE players). It's always down to preference at the end of the day so I highly doubt the time between map resets being changed. "The server has something nice going for it but sadly hasn't listened to a majority of their community so they stopped playing until something changes" as said in my first post in this thread. This opinion doesn't speak for the whole player base of this server. This may only be the opinion/ view of the more vocal players that are within this community.
point 1. I will explain this as simple as I can for you, Kainzo (the owner of this server) has taken too long to bring back a class that has been promised to be back for Haven. Samurai isn't the only thing either such as what happened to Karma?
point 2. I've been talking to multi because they actually don't ignore feedback, they have been taking what the community is saying and building on it. that helps the server but right now Kainzo has been from my viewpoint almost totally ignoring a huge part of his community.
point 3. I'm not saying I want a map reset every month, I said that it brings people back for a few weeks, but this server has NO PLAYER RETENTION. that's what needs to be fixed
and lastly everyone can post their opinions on here it is a public forum you are going off of "well there may be people that just aren't posting" that's just and excuse to try and get an argument across. if people don't give feedback then their voices cant be heard and, what if you are wrong? more people might favor of what I've said, such as old members that don't give a shit anymore to post on the forums because they know nothing will happen

Cardboardking

Legacy Supporter 9
I would add 2 things to this. Bastion had 1 major problem and the second thing is something I believe you forgot to mention. In bastion the main ways to make money was to be a miner and to be a merchant. Merchant is fine for money but miner isn't, all miners needed to do was to sell gold for higher prices after duplicating gold through their skill, a fix should be implemented before this map is (not got an idea of how to do this aside from remove the skill). Secondly, add a system where players can't make private regions unless they're tier 5 and add a minimum size for the region so people can't just use regions as chest storage (or at least not as easily) and keep doing bimonthly tax for regions. Aside from that love the idea, great job you genius of a man for suggesting this.

are you kidding me tier 5 thats alot let tier 3 donators make or something more people will give 20 dollars than 40 dollars

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Another thing about Player Retention, Abusing the shit out of Players isn't a good way to keep them

Beau_Nearh

Portal
point 1. I will explain this as simple as I can for you, Kainzo (the owner of this server) has taken too long to bring back a class that has been promised to be back for Haven. Samurai isn't the only thing either such as what happened to Karma?
point 2. I've been talking to multi because they actually don't ignore feedback, they have been taking what the community is saying and building on it. that helps the server but right now Kainzo has been from my viewpoint almost totally ignoring a huge part of his community.
point 3. I'm not saying I want a map reset every month, I said that it brings people back for a few weeks, but this server has NO PLAYER RETENTION. that's what needs to be fixed
and lastly everyone can post their opinions on here it is a public forum you are going off of "well there may be people that just aren't posting" that's just and excuse to try and get an argument across. if people don't give feedback then their voices cant be heard and, what if you are wrong? more people might favor of what I've said, such as old members that don't give a shit anymore to post on the forums because they know nothing will happen

1.) regarding samurai I don't think there was a deadline for that implementation set? As well as that, kainzo has stated before that he wants to use the new banners which was implemented in 1.8 (not so long ago) in some of the skills it has. Because of this, it is of course going to take 'long' to implement it because of many factors such as;

+waiting for 1.8 to come out
+waiting for the plugins to be updated to 1.8
+making sure there aren't any major bugs
+getting the skills themself coded (again there wasn't a deadline so there is no pressure in pushing the coders to create these specific skills).

2.) well look at this in a diffrent perspective. Most the time I see you making posts on the forums personally. They are ethier off topic completely OR just insulting to the person. Now, after seeing this for a while do you really think someone is going to go out their way to read all of your suggestions as well as give feedback on all of them as I know for a fact that if it was me. I would ignore most of your posts (as well as a few others).

3.) there may not be any 'player retention' to you personally but there may be some for other players. I know for a fact I was hooked when I first joined regardless of how 'grindey' it felt at times. You can't just state there is non what so ever as we both know that's false. But again. As stated before, there are two halfs of this community. The vocal kind as well as the quite kind. You cannot say you represent anyone else other than yourself.

Look at it this way, there is constant noise being produced by a few objects. Occasionally, an object that wouldn't normally make any noise does make one. Because of the constant noise from the original objects are over powering, the object that wouldn't normally make a noise is blurred out. This example could be applied to this community. The vocal people are constantly talking and every now and then, a quite member will talk. They will ethier bet shot down or just be blurred out in the whole 'noise' produced.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
1.) regarding samurai I don't think there was a deadline for that implementation set? As well as that, kainzo has stated before that he wants to use the new banners which was implemented in 1.8 (not so long ago) in some of the skills it has. Because of this, it is of course going to take 'long' to implement it because of many factors such as;

+waiting for 1.8 to come out
+waiting for the plugins to be updated to 1.8
+making sure there aren't any major bugs
+getting the skills themself coded (again there wasn't a deadline so there is no pressure in pushing the coders to create these specific skills).

2.) well look at this in a diffrent perspective. Most the time I see you making posts on the forums personally. They are ethier off topic completely OR just insulting to the person. Now, after seeing this for a while do you really think someone is going to go out their way to read all of your suggestions as well as give feedback on all of them as I know for a fact that if it was me. I would ignore most of your posts (as well as a few others).

3.) there may not be any 'player retention' to you personally but there may be some for other players. I know for a fact I was hooked when I first joined regardless of how 'grindey' it felt at times. You can't just state there is non what so ever as we both know that's false. But again. As stated before, there are two halfs of this community. The vocal kind as well as the quite kind. You cannot say you represent anyone else other than yourself.

Look at it this way, there is constant noise being produced by a few objects. Occasionally, an object that wouldn't normally make any noise does make one. Because of the constant noise from the original objects are over powering, the object that wouldn't normally make a noise is blurred out. This example could be applied to this community. The vocal people are constantly talking and every now and then, a quite member will talk. They will ethier bet shot down or just be blurred out in the whole 'noise' produced.
After Sammy was taken out it was said that it would be top priority and would return in Haven. Instead of that being true it was moved aside for things like shaman. All of my posts are on topic and few insult people, but I really don't care if you personally read them because they aren't just aimed towards you. Everything I said about player retention is my own opinion and in theory cannot be wrong in any way. I read every post on these threads, when someone says something that I care about I will respond, but yes veteran players will have more of a voice in a community because they are better known, everyone is still welcome though.

Personally I don't think you know what you are talking about here, you weren't around when Sammy was being taken out and you weren't around for any of the maps with this style.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This thread has de-evolved into stupidity. I'm locking it. Anyone who left Herocraft always can come back, since we're a public server. We will never cater to the individuals who think they are speaking on behalf of the community.

Player retention has zero to do with balance, town politics, etc. Player rentention has to do with flashy-intro's, nice looking areas and simple/easy to understand mechanics. We've spent a lot of time reworking and making things more simple for new players while making it attractive for vet players.

We aren't bringing another server into the fold at this time. Thanks for the constructive feedback, there's a major patch planned to address several issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.