• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderless117

Legacy Supporter 3
PvP isnt fun to everyone. Some people wanna kill mobs with their friends.
I don't enjoy pvp that much, I mainly just kill mobs with townies but it is fun when there is an aspect of edge to roaming around the map. Some of my favourite moments in herocraft has been leveling with friends when suddenly a level 60 dragoon pops out of no where and we all scatter. It really spices things up and puts those new combat skills to use. Just my personal opinion

Xhazed

Portal
I don't enjoy pvp that much, I mainly just kill mobs with townies but it is fun when there is an aspect of edge to roaming around the map. Some of my favourite moments in herocraft has been leveling with friends when suddenly a level 60 dragoon pops out of no where and we all scatter. It really spices things up and puts those new combat skills to use. Just my personal opinion
Thats how it is and should be

Xhazed

Portal
While I agree that this is how it should be Xhazed, this is not the reality for many. I'll leave it at that so as not to continue the division of our player base. A few bad apples spoil the bunch...
PVE is the bad apple right?

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
I think every pve players best stereotype is that us pvpers "camp lost souls until there are driven to leave pvp" this really isn't true,people rarely go to the effort of tracking them unless there desperate, the issue right now is that there isn't enought variety of people to kill. So the chance of this happening increases significantly and if I kill one by accident I give them 10s and all there stuff. So stop assuming we're all murderous people, come on pvp and see for yourself.

-Chazza

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I think every pve players best stereotype is that us pvpers "camp lost souls until there are driven to leave pvp" this really isn't true,people rarely go to the effort of tracking them unless there desperate, the issue right now is that there isn't enought variety of people to kill. So the chance of this happening increases significantly and if I kill one by accident I give them 10s and all there stuff. So stop assuming we're all murderous people, come on pvp and see for yourself.

-Chazza
Id have to disagree. The issue is that if you know someone is new and that they dont know their way around the way things work, then they are profitable to kill. They dont know that joining a town is better for protection, they dont know the value of lwcs, they dont know that it is a bad idea to broadcast the fact that they are mining. Most pvpers would jump on a player like that and show no mercy while robbing them blind over and over.
I do agree that pvp is what makes this server great. I stand behind that. What i dont agree with is people saying that its a lack of players that forces them to attack low lvl nooblets, they would do it either way.

I would love to see it all work out in the end. Right now im passing the time til a better system is put into place. Perhaps making it where classes and professions are separated, where classes have pvp on and professions pvp off would work out. I dont think thats what most people want though so I dont know.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Id have to disagree. The issue is that if you know someone is new and that they dont know their way around the way things work, then they are profitable to kill. They dont know that joining a town is better for protection, they dont know the value of lwcs, they dont know that it is a bad idea to broadcast the fact that they are mining. Most pvpers would jump on a player like that and show no mercy while robbing them blind over and over.
I do agree that pvp is what makes this server great. I stand behind that. What i dont agree with is people saying that its a lack of players that forces them to attack low lvl nooblets, they would do it either way.

I would love to see it all work out in the end. Right now im passing the time til a better system is put into place. Perhaps making it where classes and professions are separated, where classes have pvp on and professions pvp off would work out. I dont think thats what most people want though so I dont know.
no... I never go out of my way to track noobs that just joined, ill go after groups of people that are bad but they are all past lostsoul and into a spec. when there isn't enough people it doesn't FORCE everyone to go kill noobs, it just increases the chances as @ChazzaMaGazza said. read before you post

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

To be Completely Honest, I would rather just 6v1 Sicaruis then track 1 noob

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
I would add 2 things to this. Bastion had 1 major problem and the second thing is something I believe you forgot to mention. In bastion the main ways to make money was to be a miner and to be a merchant. Merchant is fine for money but miner isn't, all miners needed to do was to sell gold for higher prices after duplicating gold through their skill, a fix should be implemented before this map is (not got an idea of how to do this aside from remove the skill). Secondly, add a system where players can't make private regions unless they're tier 5 and add a minimum size for the region so people can't just use regions as chest storage (or at least not as easily) and keep doing bimonthly tax for regions. Aside from that love the idea, great job you genius of a man for suggesting this.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
IMO I think all the rogues were ok bloodmage was op paladin wasn't as bad as it is now goon was op idk about wizard, beguiler and pyro op, Sammy op, but people did still play like bard ninja dk etc
Me, that's me! I played dk! Anyway the classes I remember being op were sammy, pyro, rune, beguiler, wizard, and bm. Not sure if you remember runeblade but it was the worst thing to fight, it was designed to take out tanks and mages. Anyway, really just wanted to say I was a dk

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just want to add my thoughts on this whole situation.

The whole talk of whether or not to revert the server back to past maps (or even create a sub server) such as bastion is ridiculous. Everyone involved in this whole discussion is only looking back at the positives, the memories that actually made that whole experience a fond one in which you enjoyed being part of. Because of this, you are totally missing all the hard work that all of the staff have put in to this server (as well as other plugins) to further push the limits that is possible within minecraft. Reverting back to the past will only cause a downfall.

Sure there has been major reworks within certain aspects but they are mostly for the best (such as attributes). Even if these older versions/ maps were implemented, it would only dull down your pervious experience. They are memories for a reason, don't go chasing them or you'll only wreak it for yourself. From my point of view, I would love to relive the moment I logged onto multi's server when it was booming but I know as well as others that I will never gain that experience again.

Now, judging by how active everyone is in this thread. You will all be aware of the major developments within the pipeline for this server in general with townships 3.0 just around the corner and other 'secret' projects in the works that are soon to be released (don't forget RPG!). Because of this, please try to help push the developers forward in helping them with their new projects. Give proper suggestions with valid reasons, everything helps but making negative threads disregarding all their work is only going to have a negative outcome (Just look at what you're saying from a different perspective, it's disrespectful to say the least).

Also, I've seen a lot of 'let the community decide' posts regarding this matter. This is a problem. Currently, there are two distinct types of players on this server. The 'vocal' kind (which is most of you who's actually posted in this thread) and there's the 'quite' kind which doesn't really voice their opinions. Because of this, don't think your opinion speaks for the rest of the player base. Just because the vocal players agree with you doesn't mean it portrays the whole opinion that the player base shares. This is a community, not a dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.