• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

List of Current Impossibilities with Skills/Plugins

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Are custom enchantments possible? How flexible is the enchantment system?

Sleaker

Retired Staff
What are the limitations or possibilities on durability changes?

impossible, durability is hardcoded, as is the amount of damage an item takes. The only thing we can really do is revert damage done to an item based on random chance, or certain circumstances, but it's a bitch to get working..

@Nalestom - custom enchants aren't supported. The client wont be able to name them without a mod.

@Sleaker
Well that's a shame...and another thing if I can ask. Does the unbreaking enchantment on an item such as..idk..a diamond axe still work even if you're hitting people with it rather than chopping wood?

BrickWork

Dirt
Damage reduction for skills that can be differentiated between physical and magic skills?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Is it possible to make a pressure plate react depending on whats dropping on it? Example, if someone threw a gold ingot on it, it would give the person that threw it 9c?
I'm assuming it's actually impossible, because when an item is dropped, it's just an entity that isn't chained to a person, though if it was possible, it would make for a cool possibility for a skill for Banker.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Could you add the smart moving plugin, there is a version of smart moving that works with bukkit servers. it is a very well made mod, and it would be a lot of fun. it adds a lot of mobility to the game. plus it keeps updated. its on the minecraftforums.
I think that this would be a good mod for the server. You could have different PvP than just the normal I-swing-my-sword/hoe/axe/shovel, even with skills. The only major drawback I see is that everyone and not just Dragoons would be able to use Jump by doing the superjump thing in the mod, at least if I'm thinking of the same mod.

Weikauno

Coder
I think that this would be a good mod for the server. You could have different PvP than just the normal I-swing-my-sword/hoe/axe/shovel, even with skills. The only major drawback I see is that everyone and not just Dragoons would be able to use Jump by doing the superjump thing in the mod, at least if I'm thinking of the same mod.
the "super jump" on the smart moving mod makes you able to jump two blocks. how high do dragoons jump with their jump skill?

Weikauno

Coder
the "super jump" on smart moving can only jump 2 blocks high, and you have to charge it. how high can jump, or backflip jump? plus, if they dont want that feature, there's a configuration file for that, and its as easy as putting "true" or "false"

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
the "super jump" on smart moving can only jump 2 blocks high. how high can jump, or backflip jump? plus, if they dont want that feature, there's a configuration file for that, and its as easy as putting "true" or "false"
I thought the superjump thing in Smart moving was 3 blocks, but I haven't used smart moving since 1.4.2, so it has probably changed. The skills Jump and Superjump for Dragoons do at least twice that height.

Weikauno

Coder
I thought the superjump thing in Smart moving was 3 blocks, but I haven't used smart moving since 1.4.2, so it has probably changed. The skills Jump and Superjump for Dragoons do at least twice that height.
i remember it always being 2 blocks high, from way back in 1.2.5, and it is currently still only 2 blocks, i checked.