• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Karma System Conception...

Graink

Portal
:/ We run the biggest town on the server. We're the only town to upgrade to medium thus far; although we don't consider ourselves an army, I'm sure we could be classified as a gorilla force, (pun intended) if needed.

macura

Diamond
I really do not like this because reaching max good or max evil should be a goal not something that burdens you. If i reached max evil and every time i died i lost an entire level i would not play.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I think that this Karma System is exactly what the server needs. Though Coin loss on death I'm not to sure of but hey adds to the fun of being evil... But I do like the extra xp gain/xp loss Though losing an entire level seems a bit over done.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Keep this thread on topic - I'll delete posts that include personal bashing and aren't civil.

I have read through the first 3 pages and havnt gone farther because I am lazy but I think the main thing people are worried about is "Crafters and builders get rewarded for doing nothing". The point is they arnt doing anything. Well, if they arnt doing anything then they shouldnt be playing but its the fact that they arnt pvping (which is what most of you consider "nothing") that makes them good. I like the idea of a karma system but a whole level on death seems drastic. Especially if your getting camped.
Then... DING DING DING - don't go max evil ;)

malmenca

Diamond
Keep this thread on topic - I'll delete posts that include personal bashing and aren't civil.

Then... DING DING DING - don't go max evil ;)

Ding ding ding ding! If I play the way I like to play, I will become max evil inevitably. So in essence I can not play the way I want to, or face delevling left and right.(<--- also not the way I Want to play).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ding ding ding ding! If I play the way I like to play, I will become max evil inevitably. So in essence I can not play the way I want to, or face delevling left and right.(<--- also not the way I Want to play).
And so that is the path you will take to be evil

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I really do not like this because reaching max good or max evil should be a goal not something that burdens you. If i reached max evil and every time i died i lost an entire level i would not play.
The positive / negative modifiers have not been set in stone - this is a concept drawing board.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I'm not understanding at all what u mean?
He's saying that you will have to live with the consequences of your actions. You want to kill lots of players, fine, but it will become increasingly more risky to do so.

I like the concept of diminishing returns, where to increase you level of good or evil, you need to kill higher karmic ranks of the opposite karma. However, I feel that in this case there would have to be some benefit to doing so other than trying for the title. So, for example, a max evil person loses a level if they die, but does more damage in combat or something (just an example).

Looking at the thread right now, GOOD seems to be a lot better karma choice than EVIL. At 10k Evil there is level loss on death while Good is just a larger XP loss. Also, there are no positive modifiers for being Evil. I feel it is more sided with Good. Lastly, what if you were dueling town members? Would you not gain or lose any karma while fighting your own townies?
well its true that the "good" side has less punishments, it seems it will also be harder to maintain a high level of good karma because you cant kill neutral people, thus meaning it will also be harder to get the rewards

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
well its true that the "good" side has less punishments, it seems it will also be harder to maintain a high level of good karma because you cant kill neutral people, thus meaning it will also be harder to get the rewards

true true, because being evil would be to just kill everyone in sight while good could only kill evil.

Graink

Portal
To be able to kill an evil player, you'll need to jump in kamikaze style and feed the evil guy kills before your killings do any good for yourself.

Algsa777

TNT
I think Good should not lose stuff on death and slight bonus for killing bad. Ban on the other have alot of reward bur big negative.
So good would be play it safe, and bad would be big risk for big gain.

malmenca

Diamond
Why? Wouldn't you want the problems ironed out, rather than dumping that shit ASAP? I don't want a repeat of the HTTP plugin.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Not sure if it was covered yet, but what about Political Squabbles? If one town goes to war with the other, is that really something Karma should dictate? Towns will always have bad, neutral and good players under their ranks unless they are a strict group which means the karma system will be all over the place.

I think this is a great idea, but is it possible to add a way to read when certain towns are at war? Maybe even have it so towns that have a large amount of good/bad are considered good/bad and if the opposite is attacked first, it may influence the Karma system. This is only a rough idea, I didn't put a WHOLE lot of thought into it, but I'm sure my point is out there.

Also, I think it would be cool to have Neutral-Good and Neutral-Bad titles as well for the players who plan to stay neutral.

(I also apologize if this was stated anywhere already, I only read the first post.)