• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Impenetrable Towns?

Do you think towns should be allowed to be Impenetrable?

• Total voters

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
If there were a way to make the TNT block disappear after 10 seconds (if not detonated, and if in a region you don't have permissions for), and the placement cooldown was 20 seconds, you wouldn't be able to place more than one at a time.

Perhaps make it active when placed - if you are placing it in a region you don't have permissions for. You should have enough time to run away if you start by placing it far enough away from yourself. Actually - this would solve the pillaring issue too. Because you'd want to get the F away from your TNT after placing it.

Yea - this could be an issue, but the miners would have to light the TNT somehow. Perhaps make a miner skill called "Fuse" that triggers a long fuse on the TNT. This would give players enough time to run away. This also be mutually exclusive with the "make active when placed" method. So long as TNT_PLACEMENT_COOLDOWN>REMOVE_TNT_TIME>TNT_FUSE_TIME, this method could work and be the best.

I don't think is completely impossible to code, but think about how much more complicated this is, it can displace water blocks, it can allow you to block jump, not to mention breaks regions, and for how much gain? And what if you have multiple miners working together? With 3 miners you could make a staircase upwards. It just breaks a lot of things for a skill that in my opinion is unnecessary and overpowered.

If you're saying make it active when placed, that's the same as summoning an active TNT entity

In any case I have to work, and should stop procrastinating, the skill you propose is unnecessary, would break plugins, would allow griefing, and would be too strong.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Perhaps every town must have a secret entrance accessible to all which is approved by admins/mods. Because many people really want pvp and there are small amount of other people who do not want such things, I think we should not have one choice or the other but to have somewhat of an agreement between the two sides.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Personally, I'd like to see TNT cannons used on towns from non-regioned areas to regioned areas. That could look totally badass, like I'd expect a minecraft conflict to look like.

Just as long as the blocks are regen'd back after a little time like planned, and LWCs are safe.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Making LWC'd chests explosion-proof would fix this. This would remove the unlimited free LWCs that towns essentially have right now.
I suppose, but it also seems to negate the assumed protection one receives from joining a town in the first place. Again, from my standpoint, I still have yet to be capable of affording even one LWC and probably still won't for some time. This would make it very difficult for newer players to even accumulate anything of value at all, be it gear or materials. I'm not trying to be ultra-negative, but from a new-member perspective, the very idea is disheartening.
For a new member, you are very wise.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Perhaps every town must have a secret entrance accessible to all which is approved by admins/mods. Because many people really want pvp and there are small amount of other people who do not want such things, I think we should not have one choice or the other but to have somewhat of an agreement between the two sides.

As has already been pointed out by multiple people, multiple times there is already PLENTY of other ways to get pvp without making towns less safe for those who don't want it. You're getting RATED ARENAS in a few days---yet ANOTHER way the server is catering to pvpers.

PVP happens on this server all the time.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
As has already been pointed out by multiple people, multiple times there is already PLENTY of other ways to get pvp without making towns less safe for those who don't want it. You're getting RATED ARENAS in a few days---yet ANOTHER way the server is catering to pvpers.

PVP happens on this server all the time.

The people who argue your point aren't looking for PVP, just loot and killstreaks of course :p

Apparently it's "fun" to kill people who don't pvp.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
I need to be in a safe town though, when your level 11 non mastered and annoying level 60s use all their abilities it just is not fair... So I need time to safely master rogue without people camping at a town that they can actually get in. So this idea is eh... No

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think I saw the horse twitch. Let's beat it hard.
On a more serious note this seems to be yet another senseless thread proposing a fix for a problem that does not exist.
Every suggestion in this thread would defeat the purpose of having town regions.
The only idea even remotely sensible I have seen in this thread is the TNT cannon idea. However the logistical difficulty of constructing and firing one given the limitations of the heroes class system make it highly unfeasible. Also the griefing rules pose a difficulty. For instance if someone where to build a TNT cannon outside of my town for the purposes of raiding it and then did not tear it down, the rules would prohibit my doing so.
Before some moron says hey you could try to stop them and that would be good pvp . Problem is they could build it when no one is on and it would be there until they decided to tear it down.
It has been mentioned before that TNT was supposed to be put in months ago. There seems to be some misconception as to why this has not come to pass. The truth of the matter is that as fun as TNT and TNT cannons sound on the surface, once you think it through to its fruition you see that there are so many potential problems created by an entirely unnecessary item that doesn't fully fit with the workings of then server.
Even more important is the fact that the supposed added fun of TNT and TNT cannons is fun for some at the expense of others. I would like to see some suggestions that improve the server for everyone. Any time you come to an Issue where you can list 3 negatives for every positive its time to move on. I think we can post a much larger ratio than that here. Time to move on.

Dfergy123

Iron
Dfergy123 lol know ur shit befor you go and ramble on. For 1 in my time TH has been raided twice. Witch kinda tells me people don't even want to mess with us... Second TNT will regin the area after a said time. Third shur you towns are open but when we raid all you guys do is stay inside your houses which is no fun at all. I like miners because even though it is a boxy town they come out and fight!
I havent seen you in my town, and if i have the capabilty to fight i do. Just the other day Tropheaum got in and surprise attacked us, we died, regrouped and killed them. This is what i wanna see from some other towns.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm not saying I think the server NEEDS TNT to (temp) destroy regioned blocks to be fun. I'm just throwing out ideas about how to possibly make it work better, because I think it would be fun. I don't think there's any problem in discussing the possibility.

If you're saying make it active when placed, that's the same as summoning an active TNT entity
I mentioned earlier that the "active on placement" and "fuse skill" ideas are mutually exclusive, and that I liked the fuse idea better.

In the end, I of course want the server to be fun (I think it IS really fun currently), and I think it's great to discuss possible improvements. Of course Kainzo, the admins, and the Balance Team will have final say, and we should trust them to make a good decision. So let's not be scared of discussing possibilities.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
It has nothing to do with fear, it is a matter of efficiency. I too would like to discuss possibilities for improving the server. This just isn't one of them. The staff wanted to implement tnt. However once they started exploring the potential for it they realized not only the difficulty of trying to implement it but also the myriad of problems it would cause. They therefore shelved the idea.
Furthermore this suggestion was started on the premise that impenetrable towns was a problem. It is not a problem, it is the intent of towns. If you would like to start a suggestion as to how to improve the appearance of towns and some rules to the effect, that would be constructive and therefore an efficient use of time. Attempting to create problems where none exist and beating again and again an idea that has already been shelved in order to ask the staff to "make a decision" that they have already made improves nothing.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Actually, UnderWorld, is quite accessible to all! We don't broadcast it, but just about anyone can get in at any time. and we have means to rally together to try and repel raiders... But our individual houses and our Chests are Safe. I'm not asking to get to everyone's Loot, no, I just wanna have fun raiding and killing people in their towns, Kinda of like Verstad. Verstad is awesome because they are like us, they are open to an attack at any time, that's why they are probably the funnest places to attack, and there for one of my favorite enemy towns. Now towns like Umbra, Thorn Hollow, Axiom, and Bravoos are just not fun at all, the for some the players claim to be the best pvpers or the most un-raidable, or that its all "decorative" to that I say Pfft... How can you really be the best if there is now way to prove it because you live in a GIANT box castle bull crap. Or all your town is is one big ass tower in the middle of the region (axiom) or if you town is completely sealed off and everything above is crap, WHAT was the point of instilling those new rules about no giant Box castles with glass tops if your just gonna do the same thing but with dirt roof with fake towns on top of them, This is not about stealing all your loot, its about being fair and being able to be attacked as most of you attack. I feel bad for most of you living your days away safely underground in you house of LIES.
So I say we make Rules to how a town should be built, i think peoples valuables should be safe but there should be at least some small areas inside towns that can adhere to pvpers needs... Maybe arena areas where we can challenge them? I do like judges idea where we can temporarily force their gates open, maybe make raiding more for for the defenders and people will open up more and stop sniveling underground like moles...
And honestly I am against the release of TnT, I don't want all our hard work into making towns look amazing and seeing other players creativity get blown up, I for one don't want that. I think others just wanna destroy peoples hard work to smite, and "Grief" them, because we all know the second TnT is enable 50 Tc are gonna log in and blow up everyone's towns into giant craters... (op)
Maybe if TnT could only blow up certain area, and had a time limit to how long the blown up blocks were gone would regenerate? is that to hard to make possible?
I agree. It would be pretty hard to do on this map by now, so I say that starting next map, there should be rules about how towns are built, including things like no roofs, only 1 underground layer that has to be acsessible to people outside the city, judge's idea about forcing open gates and making them sieges, not raids, etc.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Arrgh. Another post from a PvP er that can see things only from their own point of view. teddytazer you ask what was the point of making glass boxes illegal if people are just going to hide underground. The removal of cobble walls and glass domes had absolutely nothing to do with PvP. They were removed because they look like ass and only because they look like ass. People hiding from PvP had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Aesthetic over towns that look nice is exactly the intent of the rule. Towns are supposed to be a place that people go to be safe. What the staff did this map was try to force towns to look nice too. Its actually working g pretty well.
If people cannot hide themselves in towns there is no need for towns. You could build a fort in the wild buy an lwc and be just as safe. The entire point of regions is to make things inaccessible.
That being said if your looking for an open town you can walk through come to Alicubi anytime. We are currently building an open market for all to share and will give anyone that asks a guided tour of the castle.
Everyone is welcome in Alicubi. I might even let you kill me.
Where is alicubi?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
If you want open towns make them no PvP. If you want PvP in towns people need to protect and defend them in their own way. Towns belong to the people that put the work in to purchase and build them. You may not know this but it takes an incredible amount of work and dedication to star t a town. It takes even more to build one, and more still to manage it and keep it going.
Once you have a town it needs to be yours. Rules to keep it from being an ugly eye sore that creates a blight on the community make sense. Rules that tell you it isn't yours but the public domain of the server, not so much.
Some people play minecraft to mine, some to PvP, and some play because they enjoy building and running towns. One of the necessary elements of a town is the ability to offer people safety and security. Each town owner should be able to decide for themselves how much of these they wish to offer.
You have stated that certain town snare no fun for you to visit. I assure you that these were not designed around your fun but that of their owners.
If you start imposing rules that restrict the creativity of the people who build towns. As well as limiting their ability to recruit through offering benefits they will find a place where they can, and herocraft will be town less.[DOUBLEPOST=1355499068,1355498775][/DOUBLEPOST]@awsumguy75321 Alicubi is at -1800, -600

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If you want open towns make them no PvP. If you want PvP in towns people need to protect and defend them in their own way. Towns belong to the people that put the work in to purchase and build them. You may not know this but it takes an incredible amount of work and dedication to star t a town. It takes even more to build one, and more still to manage it and keep it going.
Once you have a town it needs to be yours. Rules to keep it from being an ugly eye sore that creates a blight on the community make sense. Rules that tell you it isn't yours but the public domain of the server, not so much.
Some people play minecraft to mine, some to PvP, and some play because they enjoy building and running towns. One of the necessary elements of a town is the ability to offer people safety and security. Each town owner should be able to decide for themselves how much of these they wish to offer.
You have stated that certain town snare no fun for you to visit. I assure you that these were not designed around your fun but that of their owners.
If you start imposing rules that restrict the creativity of the people who build towns. As well as limiting their ability to recruit through offering benefits they will find a place where they can, and herocraft will be town less.[DOUBLEPOST=1355499068,1355498775][/DOUBLEPOST]@awsumguy75321 Alicubi is at -1800, -600
Excactly this, people have different interests. Towns take an INCREDIBLE amount of work to maintain, not to mention the cost of even making one. I can say this for sure as I have been in the leadership of a town non-stop since Zeal.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
I've been a member of Malkier for over two weeks. We've been constantly raided day in and day out. Seems to me like raiding/pvp never ceases. I don't know about other towns and if they're 'boxed-in', but I'm sure the 10-20 people that left our town when I started would have loved that.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
That's atleast 2500 blocks away, but I'll try to come, if only for the market.