• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Impenetrable Towns?

Do you think towns should be allowed to be Impenetrable?

• Total voters

teddytazer

Soulsand
From my travels cross the lands of Bastion from town to town, I have noticed pretty much every town has little to no way in. Sure this makes the people of town feel safe but it totally discourages Raiding of towns. Some towns u manage to get past the giant walls, scale the massive sand dunes or even jump over the 5 high wooden wall, but then the town you are in is merely a decoy cause everyone lives safely underground.

Dfergy123

Iron
I agree, i think there are too few raid-able towns out there, and there are way to many of these "decoy" towns around, towns like umbra or Axiom shouldn't be allowed, the aren't really a town at all. i salute towns like mine, Underworld, which have made Being raided a possibility, but have made some precautionary defense measures. Also Newerth has walls but didn't make it insanely hard for them to get over. or towns like Skyfall, that shouldnt exist at all, seems like they have no members and are kept alive but one extreme player, (flip), props though to him for keeping his town afloat... but still, all it is one house on top and a giant underground area that no one can reach... i think there are plenty of ppl out there who enjoy raiding, I hope they will comment! :D

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Just wait for TNT breaking blocks and you can "raid" all day without problem of getting in. You could also do something else than just raid, raid and raid.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Towns have lost the rights of most types of defences that were used in Dragongarde (Glass roofs, gigantic walls etc.) and now you want to make it even less possible to play on Herocraft without being forced to PvP like all you full-time PvPers? I mean, you even have TnT (Once it's back in) to break open towns. You can even open houses and chests with it.

''This is Hardcore noob, gtfo''

No, this is so much more. Townships are a large part of this server, PvP aswell, but why should the PvPers get so many rights while townships lose theirs? The township cost has increased a LOT, and the defences we can use has been made mostly illegal. I am glad that there are less small towns, and more big ones of course, but I still think you PvPers are just complaining because you can't kill everyone who does other things then mindless PvPing on Herocraft.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
What Kainzo said, especially towns starting out don't deserved to be raided since they haven't even had time to set up defenses and what not.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe just bring back the limit of the "Y" value on MC co-ords that way people cant just have a town on top but with everyone hiding underground. There are so many towns with roofs at the moment. Personally I believe complete roofs should be illegal even if they look nice.

It's supposed to be a town not a big house on top of something, if we were to be lore-wise then towns would have a defend able wall with no roof, there would be a keep/castle in the middle where the armory would be and where people would group up if there would be a attack.

As for my last suggestion, if possible maybe have a way to breach gates on towns, for example, if you stand near/break the gate for X amount of seconds then it will give a alert to all town members saying "Your town is being attacked!" and maybe make it so your recall is temporally changed to take you to the town hall, that way the entire town could quickly get together and defend the town. This would create more of sieging than raiding which I believe would be quite fun to do.

The idea above supports the town hall which has been requested to be brought back several times and told that it isn't possible each time.

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
From my travels cross the lands of Bastion from town to town, I have noticed pretty much every town has little to no way in. Sure this makes the people of town feel safe but it totally discourages Raiding of towns. Some towns u manage to get past the giant walls, scale the massive sand dunes or even jump over the 5 high wooden wall, but then the town you are in is merely a decoy cause everyone lives safely underground.
Isn't your town only under ground and completely sealed off?

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Ugh, this complaint again? You have arenas. Soon you'll have TNT. You have the ability to kill anyone you catch out in the open with NO repercussions at all. You pvpers don't have enough?!

Just do away with Herotowns and change the <Hardcore> tag on the server to <PVP> and call it a day. Sheesh.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Underworld isn't completely sealed off the last I checked there was a gapping hole to drop in from

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Oh god, another one of these ''Towns can no longer be raided'' posts.

You first complained about the walls that surround and protect towns, making it impossible to get inside. Town walls were then made illegal, (or, at least, the ones which covered the entire town).... so.... we all move underground. Now you complain that we all live underground and you can't get to us.

Sooner or later you'll want water walls to be illegal because they prevent TNT-explosions.

Am I the only one who saw this coming?

Why is it that none of the players, who make these suggestions/posts, actually comment on WHY they need to get inside a town? What do these players want when they enter a town anyway? OH YEAH... loot. Lets face it, Teddy, you arn't looking for open towns, you are looking for open chests and easy kills. You say you want to encourage ''raiding'', but raiding happens all the time. It's just unsuccessful as those raiding hardly ever get loot/kills.

Maybe if you said that in the original post, we could provide a suitable solution to fix that issue. But untill then, you're just going to get pointless rambling on why impenetrable towns are a good/bad thing, which does jack shit to the issue. :(

teddytazer

Soulsand
I'm mostly talking bout design in general, whats the point of building a town if your just going to live like moles beneath the town? Verstad for instance has my praise because all they needed for defence was a 5 high wooden fence, as for the other towns why not just build a obsidian shell and maybe ask to get a herogate installed inside for extra safety while your at it.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm mostly talking bout design in general, whats the point of building a town if your just going to live like moles beneath the town? Verstad for instance has my praise because all they needed for defence was a 5 high wooden fence, as for the other towns why not just build a obsidian shell and maybe ask to get a herogate installed inside for extra safety while your at it.

Why do you bother complaining about design? What's the issue of people making ''decoy'' towns on the surface? If people want to make both an overcity and undercity: let them. If they want to make just an undercity: let them.

Can you actually SAY what you want rather than rambling on about a vague topic. Please, it'll settle this issue a lot faster, which is better for both of us.

Dfergy123

Iron
Isn't your town only under ground and completely sealed off?
Actually, UnderWorld, is quite accessible to all! We don't broadcast it, but just about anyone can get in at any time. and we have means to rally together to try and repel raiders... But our individual houses and our Chests are Safe. I'm not asking to get to everyone's Loot, no, I just wanna have fun raiding and killing people in their towns, Kinda of like Verstad. Verstad is awesome because they are like us, they are open to an attack at any time, that's why they are probably the funnest places to attack, and there for one of my favorite enemy towns. Now towns like Umbra, Thorn Hollow, Axiom, and Bravoos are just not fun at all, the for some the players claim to be the best pvpers or the most un-raidable, or that its all "decorative" to that I say Pfft... How can you really be the best if there is now way to prove it because you live in a GIANT box castle bull crap. Or all your town is is one big ass tower in the middle of the region (axiom) or if you town is completely sealed off and everything above is crap, WHAT was the point of instilling those new rules about no giant Box castles with glass tops if your just gonna do the same thing but with dirt roof with fake towns on top of them, This is not about stealing all your loot, its about being fair and being able to be attacked as most of you attack. I feel bad for most of you living your days away safely underground in you house of LIES.
So I say we make Rules to how a town should be built, i think peoples valuables should be safe but there should be at least some small areas inside towns that can adhere to pvpers needs... Maybe arena areas where we can challenge them? I do like judges idea where we can temporarily force their gates open, maybe make raiding more for for the defenders and people will open up more and stop sniveling underground like moles...
And honestly I am against the release of TnT, I don't want all our hard work into making towns look amazing and seeing other players creativity get blown up, I for one don't want that. I think others just wanna destroy peoples hard work to smite, and "Grief" them, because we all know the second TnT is enable 50 Tc are gonna log in and blow up everyone's towns into giant craters... (op)
Maybe if TnT could only blow up certain area, and had a time limit to how long the blown up blocks were gone would regenerate? is that to hard to make possible?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
BY GOD that post was HARD to ready why don't you make it better like jesus.

Anyway, so you're saying that you want raiding to be ''fair'', by letting people like you have the opportunity to kill players?

So.... how exactly are you going to do that with an open town? People will just hide in their houses, or their farms, or elsewhere.

We're looking at the same problem we had last map. Last map, people kept begging for open towns. Now they have them. However now, they're begging for open undercities. Stop begging for more and more, you'll never be satisfied.

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
Dfergy123 lol know ur shit befor you go and ramble on. For 1 in my time TH has been raided twice. Witch kinda tells me people don't even want to mess with us... Second TNT will regin the area after a said time. Third shur you towns are open but when we raid all you guys do is stay inside your houses which is no fun at all. I like miners because even though it is a boxy town they come out and fight!