• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Impenetrable Towns?

Do you think towns should be allowed to be Impenetrable?

• Total voters

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Just an fyi, this is 85% of a community issue, Kainzo and co can't just magically fix everything and make it excellent for everyone.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
First off.
Most towns is not impentetrable, towns like Skyforge, Citadel, Newerth, Camelot has walls, but it is possible to get over there.

I understand that not all towns is possible to get into, but what are you really going to do in there?
You don't need to hide your opinions behind some bull shit about wanting more open towns, cause everyone knows what most PVP'ers think about that.
Say they made it forbidden to have locked towns, what then?
People would hide inside their farms, or houses what then?
Forbid people to have locked houses?

In the end everything is up to the players being raided.
If they want to fight they do it, and if they don't want...
Well, then nothing can get them to (seeing they can log off).

As majoras said, this is about wanting loot and easy kills, but this wouldn't solve that either.

Jinder745

Obsidian
Dfergy123 lol know ur shit befor you go and ramble on. For 1 in my time TH has been raided twice. Witch kinda tells me people don't even want to mess with us... Second TNT will regin the area after a said time. Third shur you towns are open but when we raid all you guys do is stay inside your houses which is no fun at all. I like miners because even though it is a boxy town they come out and fight!
Love sosa

teddytazer

Soulsand
Last Map I built Rlyeh, Which was raided twice. Once before we had regions, a 2nd time because of Boat-Glitching players going through walls. The Rest of the time we waited around and it was very boring because nobody would come cause there was no point. A town should be a beacon of hope and friendship, open to outsiders and welcome to strangers, Sure they might be some death but that is what makes things fun.

A

alexhoff1

Down with the sealed in towns. atleast make overcities accessable.

There are many inactive towns, but this is mostly due to no new players that we can trust with regions. I've already had this conversation many times over..

When was skyfall even raided last? ha. nobody ever goes there because it would be defended or left open. Atleast it's an open town.

random replies..
TNT would also be a bad idea to add at this point, who wants the town blown to hell because someone can make TNT go boom? Several towns I know already have walls made of water underground aswell, so TNT doesn't even work..
yeah.

Y

ytiggidmas

Now towns like Umbra, Thorn Hollow, Axiom, and Bravoos are just not fun at all, the for some the players claim to be the best pvpers or the most un-raidable, or that its all "decorative" to that I say Pfft... How can you really be the best if there is now way to prove it because you live in a GIANT box castle bull crap.
Listen buddy, Umbra has been reworked 4 times. You are obviously outdated on the current status of Umbra, and your accusations are false. Also what you want may not be what the whole server wants.. Keep in mind not everything revolves around you mk

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Last Map I built Rlyeh, Which was raided twice. Once before we had regions, a 2nd time because of Boat-Glitching players going through walls. The Rest of the time we waited around and it was very boring because nobody would come cause there was no point. A town should be a beacon of hope and friendship, open to outsiders and welcome to strangers, Sure they might be some death but that is what makes things fun.

Your idea of what a town should be isn't shared by everybody, nor is your idea of fun. If you truly don't care about the loot and only want to fight you have Arenas. I'm sure that took quite a bit of effort on the part of the dev team to bring to you ("you" meaning the pvp minded players on the server).

You also have the Black Market which, let's face it, was built more with pvpers in mind than shoppers. Granted, nobody uses it, but it was a gesture toward pvpers on the part of the admin/dev team.

You STILL can gank freely with no repercussions (the Karma system is still a pipe dream for all purposes so for now there is no drawback to you killing indiscriminately).

Players are no longer safe when they reach Spawn borders if they're still pvp tagged---a feature that was added to...you guessed it....satisfy pvpers.

Eventually (well, maybe) TNT will allow you to break into regions freely. Another perk that really only benefits raiders/pvpers.

The newest event (these "Last Man Standing" pvp matches that periodically start up) are also for...wait for it.....PVPERS!!!!!

Towns and personal regions (for donors) are the only sanctuaries people have here. I personally oppose ANY changes to how towns work and the rules that govern how they're built that would force these towns to open up more to pvpers. You guys have enough. There are generally design flaws that can be exploited (legitly) or just citizen stupidy that can get a dedicated raider into just about any town. You do not need more forced accessibility so that you can raid towns that don't want to be bothered with you. Find a way in or find another target.

When these threads come up they always seem to imply (either directly or indirectly) that raiders/pvpers need more access to more targets. It's as if you guys believe there isn't any pvp going on. And yet....I see pvp induced death spam every 30 seconds. I see O chat full of comments about people getting raided. PVP is happening. If you aren't getting enough perhaps you're not looking in the right places?

But let's face it....

Your suggestion here isn't really about a lack of pvp. It's about a lack of you getting loot. It's about you not being able to "grief" (I use the term loosely). If you just want to fight, you and I both know you can get a fight. Like all other threads like this---you want much more than just "moar pvp", whether you want to admit it or not.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Arrgh. Another post from a PvP er that can see things only from their own point of view. teddytazer you ask what was the point of making glass boxes illegal if people are just going to hide underground. The removal of cobble walls and glass domes had absolutely nothing to do with PvP. They were removed because they look like ass and only because they look like ass. People hiding from PvP had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Aesthetic over towns that look nice is exactly the intent of the rule. Towns are supposed to be a place that people go to be safe. What the staff did this map was try to force towns to look nice too. Its actually working g pretty well.
If people cannot hide themselves in towns there is no need for towns. You could build a fort in the wild buy an lwc and be just as safe. The entire point of regions is to make things inaccessible.
That being said if your looking for an open town you can walk through come to Alicubi anytime. We are currently building an open market for all to share and will give anyone that asks a guided tour of the castle.
Everyone is welcome in Alicubi. I might even let you kill me.

teddytazer

Soulsand
TNT would also be a bad idea to add at this point, who wants the town blown to hell because someone can make TNT go boom? Several towns I know already have walls made of water underground aswell, so TNT doesn't even work...

Are Water walls even legal?

J2Gay your town seems to be heading in the right direction.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I designed my town this map to be the opposite of what Oblivion was (an impenetrable fortress). Verstad is a viking town that encourages people to come inside because, hey, guess what, I like defending my town and tossing a few arrows at anyone that steps into it. But, I'm a PvPer. Towns like mine aren't meant for everybody, and shouldn't be forced on the general populace. This is not to say that I don't appreciate other towns' attempts to be accesible, I do, but I also respect the needs of the majority of the non-PvP playerbase of the server.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I designed my town this map to be the opposite of what Oblivion was (an impenetrable fortress). Verstad is a viking town that encourages people to come inside because, hey, guess what, I like defending my town and tossing a few arrows at anyone that steps into it. But, I'm a PvPer. Towns like mine aren't meant for everybody, and shouldn't be forced on the general populace. This is not to say that I don't appreciate other towns' attempts to be accesible, I do, but I also respect the needs of the majority of the non-PvP playerbase of the server.

I agree with Leftovers, that you should not force people to build their town in a specific way.

I believe the only limit you should have on your town is that it not be ugly. Sure ugly is a matter of opinion, but if you have a big ugly shoebox of a town, then it's probably ugly. If your town was a borg ship from star trek, impenetrable, still a cube, highly detailed textures on the walls to actually look like one (and happens to be impenetrable) then props to them, they deserve to not get raided.

This is not a pvp server, this is a hardcore server where pvp is one of its features. As long as it's not ugly let them build what they want.

EDIT: Also what Favith said is totally correct. These complains are all about Loot, not PVP. Because when ready and able PVPers go out to pvp, they aren't looking for an equal challenge, they are looking for easy loot, kill streak titles, and to grow their e-peen.

A

alexhoff1

psht. Shift behind the iron doors to get in.. 3 hrs later.. (fml)

Also, you had 2 breaches in the basement that could be pearled into <3
sooo It wasn't impenetrable :D
just a !@#%! to find the entrance...
... yeah
Also, a couple breaches in the fences upstairs.. and the roof.. and the side holes.. but who's counting? <3

teddytazer

Soulsand
I encourage more people to buy spawn plots and live peacefully in the non-pvp zone. Seeing more people flowing in and out of bastion and people lingering around spawn could boost the black market economy.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

... yeah
Also, a couple breaches in the fences upstairs.. and the roof.. and the side holes.. but who's counting? <3
Those were patched by the end. We had plenty of exploiters and people with "creative" ideas on sticky pistons get in. ;)

Impenetrable is not always the best way.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

... yeah
I remember I held shift outside of verstads mountain farm and kevin let me in and I killed him, mitcho and fogra :D then I continued to kill their sheep, loot their wool and kill them again :3

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I remember I held shift outside of verstads mountain farm and kevin let me in and I killed him, mitcho and fogra :D then I continued to kill their sheep, loot their wool and kill them again :3
There is no mountain farm, and we have never had sheep. .-.
Did you not learn from Obilvion?
I did, Oblivion was an experiment that taught me that safety and security, while nice in the end, isn't necessarily the way I want to play HC.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
There is no mountain farm, and we have never had sheep. .-.

I did, Oblivion was an experiment that taught me that safety and security, while nice in the end, isn't necessarily the way I want to play HC.
Nooo, in that man-made mountain you guys formed, or hill, whatever - there WAS sheep! I raided your wool chests :D

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Just saying, Akahi my volcano town last map, pretty much inpenetrable, but we weren't pussies so we'd go out and fight haha. And trust me, there is ALWAYS a way in.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I encourage more people to buy spawn plots and live peacefully in the non-pvp zone. Seeing more people flowing in and out of bastion and people lingering around spawn could boost the black market economy.

Back in Sanctum the spawn had probably 100 plots and (except the noble plots surrounding the spawn building) they were all free. If you were to impliment something like that in Bastion, the black market would explode with activity. I just can't see myself paying weekly for a tiny spawn plot when I can just stay in Newerth :p