• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Decided to take matters into my own hands.. Locally created and MCEdit'd the spawn shell into HeroTEK.. It's up now and available to start work on...

2012-11-07_102433.png

2012-11-07_102407.png

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Time Zone: EST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: 1 year + 2-3 months.
What is your experience withTekkit mods: Redstone
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: CPU
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Redstone + programming
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I don't always lead but when I do, i get it done.
Reason you should be accepted: This is a cure to my illness of "To much school"
Additional Info: I know Redstone?

ricoro

A frightening Cactus!
Time Zone: GMT +1
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: Probably for like 4-5 months now but i've been inactive for a couple months.
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I've played a lot of tekkit before and I'm pretty good at it.
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: I enjoy everything in Tekkit but if I had to choose probably industrialcraft.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Industrialcraft
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I would be better with a strong leader.
Reason you should be accepted: I'm not really a good builder but I know a lot of Tekkit so I can help making Tekkit stuffs.
Additional Info: Barnubus told me to apply :p

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
xpeterc1 - Got a project for ya... Docking Bay External Door/Hatch and Guidance Lights...
I think you will know where I'm going with this screenshot...
2012-11-09_104836.png

I'm still deciding on the narrow or wide version (leaning towards the wide) ... but I'm going to build out a housing that will look more appropriate once we get started.. I need help with the wiring, which may be simple enough, but i'm focused on the structure for now...

I'd like the lights to alternate, moving from the outer columns inwards, but I want the larger part of the RED & WHITE to simply steady blink and the smaller 2 tall columns to alternate.. I can explain more on TS..

I'm also thinking of a more complicated 3 tall column and using an arrow style alternation..
like > > > - < < < vs | | | - | | | -- if that makes sense.. Hit me up when you get on and we can discuss :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Could run and manage those lights with computercraft quite easily :p

Would be pretty compact too.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Could run and manage those lights with computercraft quite easily :p

Would be pretty compact too.
That works too, not good with CC. I also have some small CC screens that will be spread about as decoration and wanted to have random messages scrolling or to be used as signage.. MAIN ENGINEERING - MEDICAL BAY... etc.. If you want to take a crack at the lights, or work with xpeter either way.. its a project that needs to be worked on :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The lights will probably take me like 5 mins if that once I remember the specific way of generating power to wire colours. I didn't really play with screens much but I'll see what I can do.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Not enough wire colours to do what peter did :/

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Update. I stopped the server for a bit but will restart it shortly.... Pulled a hard copy down to my local to run some tests and also updated the JAR to 1.2.5 r5, we were on 1.2.5 r4.1..

Also installed the following Plugins for testing:

NoLAGG
BKCommonLIB
TekkitCustomizer
TekkitRestrict

Server should be back up now. Check out the Awesome Shuttle Bay entrance we started...
2012-11-09_230743.png

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update. I stopped the server for a bit but will restart it shortly.... Pulled a hard copy down to my local to run some tests and also updated the JAR to 1.2.5 r5, we were on 1.2.5 r4.1..

Also installed the following Plugins for testing:

NoLAGG
BKCommonLIB
TekkitCustomizer
TekkitRestrict

Server should be back up now. Check out the Awesome Shuttle Bay entrance we started...
2012-11-09_230743.png
NoLagg... probably not needed - but ill let you decide hah... not sure how well tekkit manages entities and lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.