• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Copied, gonna print out for notes.
After we strip away everything listed (will take a bit), I suggest we make the engine core kinda like a warp core.
If we use a nuclear plant I'd like to help, but I don't want to do it myself! <-- way to knew to Tekkit for that.

Maybe the colony ship could be like a sleeper ship. Thinking of the back stories of Homeworld2 and Freelancer here.

My condolences to you and your family. Enjoy your time with them. :)

I'll start working on removing the stuff listed.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Update to the update... Zeal has been stripped to the bare bones and we are ready to start building.. wait for it ...

The DHX Zealot .. Mothership..

I want a command bridge where the old dome was, but I need someone versed with MFFS forcefields to setup a dome shield for the bridge area.. we also will use the old rail system as the cargo / shuttle bay.. shuttles will be linked to teleports.. i'm logging out for now, let me know if there are any questions.. see you all in a few days.

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I know my way around a forcefield so I might be able to help. Only problem is where do we get an infinite supply of power? Solar panels on the roof? :p

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I know my way around a forcefield so I might be able to help. Only problem is where do we get an infinite supply of power? Solar panels on the roof? :p
A nuclear power plant at the engine core?
We could also have solar panels and windmills as well.

I'll start learning about force-fields too so I can help ya with that.

-
We could make force-field stairs!
http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/MFFS_Projector
2012-09-13_05.04.58.png

As well as bridges and tunnels/tubes.
There's good upgrades too like Forcefield Core Storage and maybe Forcefield Zapper Upgrade for the main outer shield.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Kainzo, Barnubus, malmenca, Danda, Eliterubberduck, Hanpeter77, spartanfan17, Hydroking77, unknownloner, Laviathan, Didag, Drastikos, Archmage_Lloyd, BPOtacon, & @Anyone I may have missed...

We are now in the Spawn Build Phase... Read back a few posts so I don't have to repeat most of it here...

Priority shift off of testing and on to the Spawn build out.

Zeal is in, it has been stripped to the bare bones, and converted the remainder to stone. I am building out an "Idea Shack" off the Northern bow of the Mothership to give ideas of what Tekkit blocks we can use for decoration and to represent various 'features & functions' of a Galaxy Class Space Vessel.

Keep in mind not everything has to be fully 'functional'. Yes, we will need actual power for forcefields, but we can mock-up a lot of other parts that can simply be decorative for the purposes of say a medical bay or engine room, etc...

Still working on the final name of the ship/spawn but something along the lines of .. DHGC-X1 Zealot - Disposable Heroes Galaxy Class - Experimental v1 Zealot... I like the call name of Zealot to pay homage to Zeal's schematic that birthed it and of course we need a reference to DH, we can kick that around for a while as we have time before we are ready for launch...

Four major projects we need to start are:
1. Forcefield bubble for the Bridge area, try to span the full area of the original Zeal dome.
--- As I do not know the parameters and flexibility of force field domes... If possible ... I'd like it to be a "low dome" vs. a 1/2 sphere, if you catch my drift.. Not even sure if it can be configured like that but it would be cool...

2. Outer perimeter of the mothership. Needs to be decorated with running/chasing lights that can be seen from below.
-- I'd like this to require no "power source" other than a few redstone torches, keep the design simple but elegant. Keep the chasing lights spaced well so you can reduce lighting glitches when viewed from below.

3. Flesh out the Cargo Bay / Shuttle Bay areas.
--- We need to decide on a teleport method to and from spawn.. I have installed RuneCraft and plan to limit it's use once we go live, but to make it easy to move between spawn and other 'shuttle drop off' locations RuneCraft's teleport & waypoint runes are super easy to setup and use. We can look into other options if needed.

4. Fill in the holes.
--- Due to the clean up and strip down of Zeal there are tons of little pockets of air where mobs can spawn. So we have constant noise from Zombies/Spiders/Etc trapped in walls.. Hunt them down, kill them off, fill it in :) !!

Couple things I want to be a 'constant' throughout the build:
No exposed normal torches or redstone torches.
-- If it would be absolutely impossible to build something critical then we can discuss how to cover or hide it, otherwise use lamps or don't build it ;).

Use the Tekkit Lamps over torches where light is needed.
-- Try to keep a theme with the lighting, just as a suggestion .... light blue / white for med bay, yellow / orange for cargo and shuttles, lime green for engine room, red for the bridge .. or whatever fits the theme, we can split hairs later...

Use metal blocks when ever possible.
-- This is a space craft, not an asteroid. We shouldn't have cobble, stone, sand, brick, gravel, or really any vanilla blocks if possible to avoid or we can choose another media.
-- You have access to Tin, Copper, Bronze, Iron, Gold, Steel, and even Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire blocks.. make good use of them.

Again, i will be away for the rest of this weekend and the first part of next week. I will have access to email and the forums so post/ping me if needed. I will try and update the OPs list so everyone has OPs privileges during the build out. Also feel free to go Creative mode and use the hell outta NEI while It's enabled. Once the spawn is complete we will save it as a schematic and start looking for a perfect map to start from (phase 3), so although i like this map, it will be wiped and reset before we launch.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the test/build and next steps to come!

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
KK im getting on right now! I have been expirimenting with EE so far and found that not all the things are OP, its just a quick way to get things.

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I've built the Forefield Bubble thing :p It covers where the dome used to be. It currently runs of 8 HV Solar Arrays plugged into 4 MFSUs so it should never run out of power.

Is there still supposed to be part of the old dome inside the Forcefield or should there just the Field? Skaduush

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I shall get to work with making things pretty! Might try to rope up some help as well, get them to apply and such!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
3. Flesh out the Cargo Bay / Shuttle Bay areas.
--- We need to decide on a teleport method to and from spawn.. I have installed RuneCraft and plan to limit it's use once we go live, but to make it easy to move between spawn and other 'shuttle drop off' locations RuneCraft's teleport & waypoint runes are super easy to setup and use. We can look into other options if needed.

4. Fill in the holes.
--- Due to the clean up and strip down of Zeal there are tons of little pockets of air where mobs can spawn. So we have constant noise from Zombies/Spiders/Etc trapped in walls.. Hunt them down, kill them off, fill it in :) !!
Point 3
You could use multiverse portals and build them into the entrances to the shuttles. MV portals can be constructed from any material so you don't need to use obsidian or even the portal blocks.

Point 4.
You could just disable mob spawning in the region that protects ship thus removing the problem and will save a lot of work on your end hunting down and filling the holes.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I've been playing around with Blue power solar cells. They make a decent a mouth of power and don't lag.
Like Didag said, they'll be a good power source for the main shield - and a back up if we also hook it up to the reactor core.
I'm really getting into what can be done with shields too.
Word of caution: we need to make sure we have a secure door way where the shield comes down!
Yes we can make a wireless controller, but if it was ever lost we would never be able to get back in if the shield had a limitless power supply.

<3'ing the whole cargo bay/shuttle idea!

Later on when we start working on the bottom/underneath of the ship, besides random blinking lamps, I'd like to have some form of lights the go on/off in a pattern. Reminds me of visual communication in close encounters of the 3rd.. :)

Point 3
You could use multiverse portals and build them into the entrances to the shuttles. MV portals can be constructed from any material so you don't need to use obsidian or even the portal blocks.
^ badass idea!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
KK im getting on right now! I have been expirimenting with EE so far and found that not all the things are OP, its just a quick way to get things.
Thanks, I really need your EE help with the patches/fixes I found and posted a few posts back. I am away from my main PC this weekend and can't work on it yet. Need to find out if we can put EE back in for release or if we have to keep it out.. I'd really like to keep it in if possible.. If you could focus on testing the patches I posted about and let me know how well they cover the known exploits/infinite EMC machines and whatnot, that would be most helpful.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I've built the Forefield Bubble thing :p It covers where the dome used to be. It currently runs of 8 HV Solar Arrays plugged into 4 MFSUs so it should never run out of power.

Is there still supposed to be part of the old dome inside the Forcefield or should there just the Field? Skaduush
You can delete the old gold blocks, they were just there to help outline the old spot... If the forcefield works well enough, start fleshing out a bridge, captain chair.. star trek style or even better Take a look at the Normandy ship from Mass Effect games.. or some combination similar... try to have a "heads up screen" that we can hook a computer or something to it, that would have an out put for text or what not.. .. Need my Computer Craft experts to chime in :)

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I shall get to work with making things pretty! Might try to rope up some help as well, get them to apply and such!
I know you will, if you can also help find a good spot for a medical bay, crew quarters and dining hall that would be helpful. You can start fleshing out those as well..

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Point 3

Point 4.
You could just disable mob spawning in the region that protects ship thus removing the problem and will save a lot of work on your end hunting down and filling the holes.

I do like the ease of using MV portals.. Do you know if several locations can be 'linked or switched" from a single spot.. Say I wanted to make an 'elevator' using MV portals and wanted to be able to choose the floor then "teleport" .. would MV be able to accomidate?

on point 4, true i keep forgetting about the region protect options for spawn.. still.. if you find a "hole" plug it ;) We will turn off spawns for the mothership at some point.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I've been playing around with Blue power solar cells. They make a decent a mouth of power and don't lag.
Like Didag said, they'll be a good power source for the main shield - and a back up if we also hook it up to the reactor core.
I'm really getting into what can be done with shields too.
Word of caution: we need to make sure we have a secure door way where the shield comes down!
Yes we can make a wireless controller, but if it was ever lost we would never be able to get back in if the shield had a limitless power supply.

<3'ing the whole cargo bay/shuttle idea!

Later on when we start working on the bottom/underneath of the ship, besides random blinking lamps, I'd like to have some form of lights the go on/off in a pattern. Reminds me of visual communication in close encounters of the 3rd.. :)

^ badass idea!
Don't go too crazy on shielding, I do want to have more force fields but we don't need the ship covered with them.. although a cool idea could be an open airlock with a force field over the opening to keep 'hull integrity' .. or that sort of thing... keep in mind the overhead to have active force fields and power sources at spawn..

as for the shield devices, if possible i want them hidden, and if not, then we will have protection on the area so blocks can't be broken and then we can cover them or something.. :)

I'd like to trim up the bottom part of the 'ship' but we can work on that more when I get back.. I too want more than just chasing / running lights.. clusters of colored lights, or even just clusters of white lights that alternate in sequence would be sweet.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
For the lights and stuff you could use computer craft to manage it and keep the circuitry small

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Okay couple exploits within the EE vs ALL.
You can easily make infinite items through disclosed exploits. Disable Energy condenser. Like the end, unless you want people 15 people flying around in quantum armor within the first 40 minutes of the game. unless we can edit EMC values. This also means disabling anti matter relays. If you dont remove this consider removing the Gem of Eternal density.

No new things on the Destruction catalyst/Lens etc, For all I know it can be kept if we can figure out how to disable some of its secondary functions IE throwing destruction balls destroying terrain.

Dark matter swords and armor are actually quite weak compared to the BC and IC stuff. Keep them in if possible.

Disable Mining TNT (nova catalyst etc)

WOW there is ALOT to cover.

Remove some rings IE Lava and water ring and Zero ring. can lead to grief and idiocy. Flight ring TBD

Divining rod- Remove it. Its a very basic Xray. but xray none the less.

Red matter still less effective than IC stuff. except the Red matter Katar , Consider removing that as it does a death swing doing a lot of damage in AOE.

Gem armor, Highly consider removing this. It has too many positive effects and also is a pain to deal with unless in full quantum armor. Although it is very very costly.

More to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.