• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Who can get me the schematics for Zeal.. need to get it in on HeroTEK, centered on 0.0 and make sure to raise it up to near the build limit so we can customize it to appear like a mothership..[DOUBLEPOST=1351718577,1351718491][/DOUBLEPOST]Also going to re OP the test team so we can get started on building spawn...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Who can get me the schematics for Zeal.. need to get it in on HeroTEK, centered on 0.0 and make sure to raise it up to near the build limit so we can customize it to appear like a mothership..[DOUBLEPOST=1351718577,1351718491][/DOUBLEPOST]Also going to re OP the test team so we can get started on building spawn...
heh.. I can do Zeal .. but it will take some time, its a large schematic

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
heh.. I can do Zeal .. but it will take some time, its a large schematic
Cool let me know when it's in. I will start customizing.. The Testers should be OP'd now, don't go goofing around somewhere on the map I don't want to have to wipe again before launch.. Lets just focus on getting Spawn in, up and customized..

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
Cool let me know when it's in. I will start customizing.. The Testers should be OP'd now, don't go goofing around somewhere on the map I don't want to have to wipe again before launch.. Lets just focus on getting Spawn in, up and customized..

Should I be OP'd? I'm not in-game.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Still not OP on Tekkit server so I made a little Lab where I can do some testing and I've been learning lots of Tekkit stuff!
Made myself some bronze armor. :)
Got the early game basic stuff down, ready to start getting into the more advanced stuff - there's so much to learn.

Can't wait to move forward with helping on spawn and stuff. :)

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I was wondering, will this server have anything to do with Heroes Plugin? Also, will there be a plugin that can be used to claim land like the old server?

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
When can we get Zeal installed? or can you point me to the schematic and I will load it in. Tankzzz!

FYI: You will need the Tekkit Client to login :)

EDIT: I think I found it.. going to load it locally to test and measure

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When can we get Zeal installed? or can you point me to the schematic and I will load it in. Tankzzz!

FYI: You will need the Tekkit Client to login :)

EDIT: I think I found it.. going to load it locally to test and measure
Nice :D yes it should be on test already :)

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Nice :D yes it should be on test already :)
Not sure what I'm doing wrong or maybe not waiting long enough.. The Zeal Towers load just fine, but the full Zeal2 file is not happy.... still testing locally...

Oh hell yea it worked locally!!!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
hmm, it may be very old schematics - are you using MCEDIT or in game worldedit?
Worldedit, it finally worked but i tried a few more times and it ran out of memory?!!? i've got 2G allocated to my client and 12GB on the PC.. no worries it works and that's all i need to go forward

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Worldedit, it finally worked but i tried a few more times and it ran out of memory?!!? i've got 2G allocated to my client and 12GB on the PC.. no worries it works and that's all i need to go forward
K let me know if you need anything, I built the underbelly of Zeal - it took 8+ hrs :d

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I'm assuming the server's down because of the Zeal stuff? I can't get on.
Yes, as soon as zeal is in and centered i will open it up again

Kainzo will do ;) Thanks!

EDIT: oops, crashed the HeroTEK server ... Give it a few minutes to see if the paste actually takes and we can login :(

EDIT: Server appears to still be running, but can't login yet .... I may have to do a MCEdit of the schematic and upload the map again to the server ...

EDIT: Nope, server is pooped.. Need to stop it, grab a copy of the map, mcedit it, upload it, and then restart it... fun fun

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
hmm, wait so what'd you do? :) I can help if need be.
I poopoo'd the server trying to copy it in with world edit.. i started over with a local copy and MCEdit it in .. about to bring it back up.. copying up the newly edited map now w/Zeal-o-licious-ness!!

51% uploaded...

Ok, starting server, should be good to go.. remember Zeal is just the outline.. we need to make it into a Mothership !!!

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Ok, here is the official update and we are now in Phase 2...

Zeal is in as the spawn but we have a lot of work to do to transform it from castle to mothership..

Clear all the old signs, redstone, water, lava, rails, etc all the details. I want a basic shell that we can work from to build out a proper mothership as the spawn.

We will need the following areas built out as part of the newbie introduction and progression into the HeroTEK world as well as a common area for trade and other normal spawn functions...

Ship Bridge
Engineering Bay
Engine Core
Cargo Bays
Medical / Sick Bay / Science Lab
Brig
Holodeck
Mess Hall / Dining Hall
Crew Quarters
Docking bays / Shuttle Bays / Hangars
Communications Deck
Hydroponics / Food sources
Defenses / Offenses
Transporter room
Sensor Arrays
Computers throughout
Power Conduits
AirLocks
Escape Pods

And anything else that would be fitting a TEK mothership.

Think Tek, use things specifically from the Tekkit mod pack:
All the Cover blocks, Corner Blocks, Strip Blocks, etc.
Various colored wires and cables
Computer Monitor Displays (We need Computer Craft Experts to help with simple display programs)
Tubing (Redpower Pneumatics work well)
Multi colored Lamps
Fuel Tanks
Solar Arrays
Force Fields
Things that flash or blink..
Metal posts
Wireless Redstone transmitters / receivers
Iron Blocks
Concrete blocks
Reinforced blocks and doors and glass

ALL of it, anything we can use to flesh out the Spawn other than vanilla. Of course if it would make sense to use vanilla blocks then use it but try for Tek instead..

Don't start building straight away, lets clean down Zeal and get it to a base shell to build off. I will be out of town for the next couple days... If you have been following my life, my mom died in August and Monday is her birthday, so I'm headed to see my dad and bro/sis for the weekend to celebrate her birthday and remember the good times.. I will be back late Tuesday / Wednesday.. I will have minimal internet connection this weekend, probably only to check email/forums.

We also need to come up with some back story for HeroTEK.. I'm thinking a Colonization ship cast into the future from HeroCraft.. HeroTEK 3000 or something similar... or HeroCraft is destroyed by wars and 3000 years later a ship returns to try and rebuild.. what ever.. details at this point are not the point just get the idea juices flowing...

Don't bother building ANYthing except SPAWN.. once it's perfected i will save the schematic and wipe the map again, in fact this may not be the final map so lets just focus on spawn.. If you need OP to build just ask everyone on the test/build teams should have OP. Post questions here if you need my assistance.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.