• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HeroTEK - The Resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
My overall philosophy towards this TEK build is... In the end, it will be worth the effort to change things if we can keep them. I feel the focus should not be on omission, but instead on control.

I think we are all on the right path, looking at the pain points, exploits and over powered areas. So long as we can fine tune the balance then we have no limits on what we can do or where we can go with this.

SIDE NOTE: Can someone show me how to insert another post back at the beginning for additional content, thanks!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
For example making stone/cobble half slabs worthless.

spartanfan17

Legacy Supporter 2
Time Zone: CST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: 9 Months
What is your experience withTekkit mods: Well I have been playing Tekkit for about a year I know quite a lot about tekkit and the mods.
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: Well I dont really have a favorite I really like them all!
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': Equivalent Exchange and Buildcraft
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: A strong leader
Reason you should be accepted: I really liked herocrafts last tekkit server and would really like to help out with this server!
Additional Info: N/A

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Not sure how many of us have actually looked at the decompiled code for some of these mods, but here is a snip from EE's .class files to show you how it handles and determines EMC levels for some of the items. I think this will be a bit of time and effort, but is completely within our realm of control to make adjustments here that will help to better balance the game.

As you can see below EE makes several calls back to the base material when determining values for some of the simpler constructions and variations. For example when adding EMC for Wood Stairs it looks back at the value of wood, wood's value refers back to log then applies math to come up with a value to pass back to stairs for a final tally.

So in simple math terms:
Log = 32
Wood = Log / 4 = 8
Wood_Stair = (Wood * 6) / 4 = (8 *6) / 4 = 48 / 4 = 12

So by changing the base value you will directly effect the upstream values of other items...

Make sense?

Code:
System.out.println("Initializing alchemy values for Equivalent Exchange..");
        for(int var0 = 0; var0 < 4; var0++)
        {
            addEMC(Block.LEAVES.id, var0, 1);
            addEMC(Block.LOG.id, var0, 32);
            addEMC(Block.SAPLING.id, var0, getEMC(Block.LOG.id));
        }

addEMC(Item.COAL.id, 1, getEMC(Block.LOG.id));
        addEMC(Item.REDSTONE.id, 0, getEMC(Item.COAL.id, 1) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.COAL.id, 0, getEMC(Item.COAL.id, 1) * 4);
        addEMC(Block.WOOD.id, getEMC(Block.LOG.id) / 4);
        addEMC(Block.WORKBENCH.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 4);
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_DOOR.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 6);
        addEMC(Block.CHEST.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 8);
        addEMC(Block.WOOD_STAIRS.id, (getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 6) / 4);
        addEMC(Block.STEP.id, 2, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) / 2);
        addEMC(Item.BOAT.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 5);
        addEMC(Block.WOOD_PLATE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Block.TRAP_DOOR.id, (getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 6) / 2);
        addEMC(Item.BOWL.id, (getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 3) / 4);
        addEMC(Item.STICK.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) / 2);
        addEMC(Block.FENCE.id, (getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 6) / 2);
        addEMC(Block.FENCE_GATE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 2 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 4);
        addEMC(Item.SIGN.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 6 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id));
        addEMC(Block.LADDER.id, (getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 7) / 2);
        addEMC(Item.FISHING_ROD.id, getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 3 + getEMC(Item.STRING.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_SPADE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) + getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_SWORD.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 2 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id));
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_HOE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 2 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_PICKAXE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 3 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.WOOD_AXE.id, getEMC(Block.WOOD.id) * 3 + getEMC(Item.STICK.id) * 2);
        addEMC(Item.BONE.id, 96);
        for(int var0 = 0; var0 < 16; var0++)
            if(var0 == 15)
                addEMC(Item.INK_SACK.id, var0, getEMC(Item.BONE.id) / 3);
            else
            if(var0 == 4)
                addEMC(Item.INK_SACK.id, var0, 864);
            else
            if(var0 == 3)
                addEMC(Item.INK_SACK.id, var0, 128);
            else
                addEMC(Item.INK_SACK.id, var0, 8);

Laviathan

Glowstone
Time Zone
: EST
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: 10 months
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I've been playing Tekkit for about a year and a half.
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: I like many mods, I have used: EE, IC2, BuildCraft, Redpower2.
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': I have decent knowledge of EE, IC2, and BuildCraft.
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: I don't belive I have enough knowledge to lead a team, but if need be, I can try.
Reason you should be accepted: I have been currently playing Tekkit and Herocraft side by side. I have been learning many exploits and been trying to avoid them. If you want over powered knowledge I can bring a decent one.
Additional Info: I research methods of improving machine/EE block setup improvments. This might come in handy to avoid over powered machine setups. @Hydroking77 can vouche for my Tekkit Knowledge. =D

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok @Skaduush did you say there was something wrong with tablets? If not I say we keep them, mk 1 collecters, and the flying ring to have a starting list. ( I have to admit Im a fan of the flying ring.)

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
@Hydroking77 We need to test the transmutation tables/tables in SMP... I've had issues in the past where they get buggy and either get stuck on fuel/matter even after zeroing out the stored EMC. Or they don't work period, no learned message, no items show up to transmute, etc... There is a Transmutation Table Helper Plugin that I'm looking into, hopefully it will help...

I'm heavily looking into all the various EMC values and how they can be balanced out.. Any other bugs, suggestions or exploits we need to smash, let us know. Thanks!

malmenca

Diamond
thre are dupes with the xmutation table that u can carry around, it needs to be disabled,

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
thre are dupes with the xmutation table that u can carry around, it needs to be fixed,
Fixed. Also expand on the glitch so we know what we're looking for.

malmenca

Diamond
By fixed I meant disabled. This can happen with both the transmutation table and tablet, (Much more often with the tablet) If you put in a diamond on the left, take a diamond out of the right and pull the diamond out of the left due to any amount of serverlag it can be duped.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Found a bug:

Duplicator Bug
Upon breaking duplicator, If it contains any items, game crashes.
solution: Dont do it. Besides only OPS can use them

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Update:
  • I modified / updated the first posts, organized the content, condensed topics into 'spoilers', etc.
  • I uploaded a link to my EMC data reference, which we can use to track changes in conversion rates.
  • We need to shift priority to EE (Equivalent Exchange) to look at the enormous amount of exploits and OP setups available and find solutions.
    • I don't want to put all this effort into keeping EE and just have to pull out it in the end.
  • Continue to use the test server environment to build exploits and run them.
    • Once we make the needed EMC changes we can use the exploit setups to confirm if our changes resolved it or not.
  • I need testers to start providing me a detailed write up as to what the exploit does, how it works, pivotal weaknesses or required technology, etc.
    • Any details I would need to make an intelligent decision regarding configuration and control.
    • Remember I really want to stay away from omission of a mod if we can 'fix' it.
Going forward:
  • My first step is to nerf all EMC values for ANY item or block that can be grown, farmed or reproduced in any way, shape or form.
    • This means wood, saplings, leaves, cobble, stone, stone brick, crops, seeds, flowers, string, bone, arrows, rotten flesh, blaze rods, etc.
    • If you can set up a 'hands free' production line that continues to produce items for free, I'm looking to break it.
  • I am considering an EMC value of 1 to start with, or zero if that doesn't fix the exploits.
  • I am also analyzing and re-configuring the math within Equivalent Exchange to make it 'not so equivalent'.
    • Basically I want to factor in a cost for the conversion process. No more getting something from nothing.
Closing:
  • I will be online off/on for the next couple days, but I will check the forums and my PM's often. Lots going on at work.
  • Please utilize this thread to communicate information and efforts as well as check my first few posts for updates as we go.
  • Let me know if I can help on anything specific.
Peace
~Duush

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Found a newly ported mod for EE called CustomEMC. This will help us to create our own EMC values on the server as well as customize existing ones. I have pulled down a copy of the server to run locally and test this mod before putting it out to the test environment. I will let you know what I find.

Also, did some research and there is a setting in the mod_EE.props file that appears to effect the speed at which condensers, relays, and other EE devices work. I'm toying with this setting as well to see if we can strike a balance.

Updates to follow.
~Duush

drpepper1344

Soulsand
Time Zone: EST US
How long have you been playing on HeroCraft: 1 Year plus 13 days
What is your experience withTekkit mods: I have messed arround with tekkit, mainly automating the entire process of getting resourses with IC/BC
What is your favorite Tekkit mod and why: EMC, It makes everything easy, assuming you have enough Things to begin with
Which Tekkit mod is your 'area of expertise': BC/IC
Can you lead a group to finish a project or would you be better with a strong leader: Better w/ a leader
Reason you should be accepted: I am pretty active, and would be able to play an hour+ a day. I also am willing to learn and test out what I do not know
Additional Info: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.