• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.1 patch notes

Graink

Portal
Luckily massive impenetrable fortresses (AKA Bedrock to Sky walls) *cough* Jericho *cough* are now illegal. Which is good, for there was no possible way to raid them. Also, they just looked UGLY. Happy raiding & defending to us all :D

However nice a town looks, people will find ways into them. After running around trying to kill someone, and having them jump into a region and fireballing you ever so slowly may be a little too hardcore for me. I'd much rather smack someone with an axe while they have the same striking chances.

I could use D101 as an example. Beautiful town! Amazing achritecture and design, but no way for outsiders to get in, raid and look around. This town didn't have sky high walls, not was it UGLY, it was just a town made to keep people out. I like it when towns have open areas to walk around, towns that actually use all of their land for farms, houses, or anything else really. That way players that are walking around, minding their own business can be unexpectadly jumped. (Which has happened to us many times) However hardcore hiding behind a glass wall laughing at people trying to PvP may be, I've always enjoyed a death over not fighting at all.

I also believe fearing death is a bad thing. It only promotes people to be less hardcore, stay underground and do nothing at all. Maybe I have a completely different idea of hardcore, but I think it'd be more fun to keep defending your castle with brute force and witty strategies rather than have everyone die and just log on the next day. PvP logging is something I truely hate in this game. Apart from logging off if you've just come back from a mining trip and are carrying 40 gold ore, 20 diamonds and a stack and a half of iron, I believe you should fight until you make the other team give up. That is what defending you town is after all isn't it?

Anyone can find the simple flaws I've made throughout this, but in the end, I will still believe it`d be better to respawn in your town. Maybe even a personalized town graveyard? Kind of like Newerth has. A new requirement for a town creation could be a graveyard where they respawn inside your own personalized graveyard region?

Bizcut

Glowing Redstone
However nice a town looks, people will find ways into them. After running around trying to kill someone, and having them jump into a region and fireballing you ever so slowly may be a little too hardcore for me. I'd much rather smack someone with an axe while they have the same striking chances.

I could use D101 as an example. Beautiful town! Amazing achritecture and design, but no way for outsiders to get in, raid and look around. This town didn't have sky high walls, not was it UGLY, it was just a town made to keep people out. I like it when towns have open areas to walk around, towns that actually use all of their land for farms, houses, or anything else really. That way players that are walking around, minding their own business can be unexpectadly jumped. (Which has happened to us many times) However hardcore hiding behind a glass wall laughing at people trying to PvP may be, I've always enjoyed a death over not fighting at all.

I also believe fearing death is a bad thing. It only promotes people to be less hardcore, stay underground and do nothing at all. Maybe I have a completely different idea of hardcore, but I think it'd be more fun to keep defending your castle with brute force and witty strategies rather than have everyone die and just log on the next day. PvP logging is something I truely hate in this game. Apart from logging off if you've just come back from a mining trip and are carrying 40 gold ore, 20 diamonds and a stack and a half of iron, I believe you should fight until you make the other team give up. That is what defending you town is after all isn't it?

Anyone can find the simple flaws I've made throughout this, but in the end, I will still believe it`d be better to respawn in your town. Maybe even a personalized town graveyard? Kind of like Newerth has. A new requirement for a town creation could be a graveyard where they respawn inside your own personalized graveyard region?

Look at the history of the world and the way towns were built back when the only weapons were bows, arrows, and swords. they had high unclimbable walls that you just could not pop right over to raid. It human nature to want to have a place of safety to retreat to. After all one of the server tips is something like "want more protection... join a town". So yes a town is going to make it as hard as possible for you to raid it. Saying "OMG its too hard to get in they need to make rules so i can just walk in and take stuff" shows an incredible lack of maturity and intelligence on your part. Maybe you should do like they did back then and lay siege to the town or find another way of accomplishing your goal of getting something for nothing.

Graink

Portal
Look at the history of the world and the way towns were built back when the only weapons were bows, arrows, and swords. they had high unclimbable walls that you just could not pop right over to raid. It human nature to want to have a place of safety to retreat to. After all one of the server tips is something like "want more protection... join a town". So yes a town is going to make it as hard as possible for you to raid it. Saying "OMG its too hard to get in they need to make rules so i can just walk in and take stuff" shows an incredible lack of maturity and intelligence on your part. Maybe you should do like they did back then and lay siege to the town or find another way of accomplishing your goal of getting something for nothing.

I forgot about those minecraft catapults, rams and cannons. I'll work on building them right now. ;) What you may not know about history is people developped ways into these so called impenetrable fortresses. Walls weren't built to stay up forever. Erosion, disasters and other human related events will eventually be the ruin of any wall built on this great earth. My point was saying that it's nice and all to have an unbreakable wall, but the history of science has proven against that. To my immature knowledge, man has not been able to create indestructable walls, other than the mighty regions of iceland. I think that's the only country that no one can build on or destroy.. Go figure!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I understand fully what you are trying to accomplish and why, or rather as much as someone who doesn't know everything about what's going on in Herocraft can. My worry however, is the fact that all it will instil is Massive Impenetrable fortresses that fair players won't have a hope in hell of raiding. BECAUSE players are now afraid to die as-well as lose there items.

and you think people aren't already working on things like that?

I forgot about those minecraft catapults, rams and cannons. I'll work on building them right now. ;)
But there are cannons in Minecraft.
They're just disabled on HC :(

Bizcut

Glowing Redstone
I forgot about those minecraft catapults, rams and cannons. I'll work on building them right now. ;) What you may not know about history is people developped ways into these so called impenetrable fortresses. Walls weren't built to stay up forever. Erosion, disasters and other human related events will eventually be the ruin of any wall built on this great earth. My point was saying that it's nice and all to have an unbreakable wall, but the history of science has proven against that. To my immature knowledge, man has not been able to create indestructable walls, other than the mighty regions of iceland. I think that's the only country that no one can build on or destroy.. Go figure!

There are a few way to get into structures in HC. legal mind you (at least as far as I know they are legal). Oh yes Cannons are a part of minecraft just not HC (at the moment). Are you willing to invest a city to get at its resources? No again you are showing that you just want something for nothing. If it was up to me (which i know its not) I would only allow citizens of a city to respawn at the city graveyard. It seems a bit crappy to have a bunch of people able to just spawn in your city just because they died. I can think of a couple ways to abuse this mechanic to get behind the walls in a pretty unfair manner.

So you can see that nothing is impenetrable all things just take time and thought to overcome. Now go finish your your PB&J drink your milk then put some more time into your potential conquests.

Graink

Portal
-ways* -Legal*, (Unless you meant to put a comma in between HC + legal -I'm rather confused on your, "invest a city" question. I'm not expert on cities or video games, but isn't the whole point of a video game self-gratification? Or should I say, nothing! Video games are here so we can do what ever the shit we want to. If I want to raid a town and kill people, (The point of many video games in this day and age) I'm going to try and get in and kill people! I don't care about resources, I can mine those on my own. I don't even care about this PB&J I just stole from my neighbors after holding their dog hostage when we last raided them. All I want if a pleasure filled time where I can fight people just as fairly as they can fight me.

My point on the graveyard system was in conjunction with the inn idea I spoke of before. I figured my idea went without saying because I prejudged everyone would understand, but you made a valid point againts me. What I meant to say was the graveyards would only be accessible to the towns members. They would be the only ones with spawning rights while everyone else would spawn at their own graveyard.

Either way, to point out what I see as a flaw in your town graveyard bash, I would love for people to spawn in my town with no armor and repeatedly kill them. I'd keep the rest of my town safe enough so they couldn't steal anything, but they can still come and raid; that way when/if they would respawn right next to me, I could just kill them again before they have a chance to think about it. I'd be more concerned about not being able to escape that infinite death trap rather than being scared people would enter my walls upon death. If you keep respawning there, people could trap you in the regions and you'd be screwed until someone brought you redstone. (Provided that there are no redstone shops inside of the town graveyards, I'm not sure how that would work) But I must go finish my milk, perhaps another time I can put a little more time into my essays and really cause an upset :3 You still need time to understand regions a little more, so maybe some day I can build you a nice little poop box and have you attempt to get in without exploits and/or godly hacks.