• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.1 patch notes

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
It's the free ones that cant be refunded - since the logic on it seems pretty lame. It just considers a 'free pass' for an LWC. Not a free chest forever. So much like a free movie pass you can't go back into the theater - they'd make fun of you :(

Wasn't this working when the whole limited LWC mess was introduced at the start of the last map?

I would think that just checking the total current LWCs versus free LWCs to determine eligibility of a new LWC being free would be sufficient. Either that or if the LWC was a free one refund the cost of an LWC when removed (though that option could easily be abused to turn a donation directly into coins in game). The first option seems more reasonable. You're already checking for free LWC available count and max LWCs at the time of adding one.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wasn't this working when the whole limited LWC mess was introduced at the start of the last map?

I would think that just checking the total current LWCs versus free LWCs to determine eligibility of a new LWC being free would be sufficient. Either that or if the LWC was a free one refund the cost of an LWC when removed (though that option could easily be abused to turn a donation directly into coins in game). The first option seems more reasonable. You're already checking for free LWC available count and max LWCs at the time of adding one.
I agree Draskuul - unfortunately we don't code any of the LWC plugin - if you want to drop hidendra a pm on Bukkit.org - im sure he'd appreciate the bump :p

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree Draskuul - unfortunately we don't code any of the LWC plugin - if you want to drop hidendra a pm on Bukkit.org - im sure he'd appreciate the bump :p

Ahh well. I figured the use of 'free' LWCs was something extended by HC side coders.

Any chance of maybe allowing us with free scattered LWCs the chance to petition an admin nuke them all and reset us back to our appropriate count? Maybe a one-time thing. I came in expecting them to refund like I thought I remembered them doing, so now they're all tied up in old temporary locations.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ahh well. I figured the use of 'free' LWCs was something extended by HC side coders.

Any chance of maybe allowing us with free scattered LWCs the chance to petition an admin nuke them all and reset us back to our appropriate count? Maybe a one-time thing. I came in expecting them to refund like I thought I remembered them doing, so now they're all tied up in old temporary locations.
A new map = complete LWC wipe - if you're just now coming back they shouldn't be all tied up.
We do have a /lwc admin purge NAME to remove all LWC's from a user.
I have seen some strange issues with that not refunding LWC's. To be honest, the LWC stuff is a wreck and we're trying to go back to the basics and clean it up.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
A new map = complete LWC wipe - if you're just now coming back they shouldn't be all tied up.
We do have a /lwc admin purge NAME to remove all LWC's from a user.
I have seen some strange issues with that not refunding LWC's. To be honest, the LWC stuff is a wreck and we're trying to go back to the basics and clean it up.

Yeah, I mean this map. Can we have them purged and our free LWC count reset via a petition? This would obviously be a one-time thing.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can't 100% say it will work, but the logic is there and it should work, I'll talk to hidendra whn I see him next to make sure.

Graink

Portal
We've been talking a bunch about the graveyard stuff; (Really only a few comments) but I think a good idea could be to implement a usage of the towns inn system. If the inns in towns were regioned for no pvp, and provided spawns for players inside that town, it would save players a lot of time running around, waiting for recall cooldowns, or being destroyed trying to escape from a graveyard. (I've all ready seen graveyard camping today, and they haven't been up for very long) This would encourage more players to join towns, and for towns to set up and beautify their inns. It could work so whenever a player joins a town, they can be put on the "inn region" and either set a bed spawn (If pvp is disabled in the inn, this would save complaining) or we could impliment some sort of towny spawn like they have in the towny plugin, or factions.

If none of this works out, I think recall cooldowns should be put a little lower. I don't usually die all that often, but a good raid can lead to 2 - 3 deaths if we keep comming back. With a shorter cooldown, we could both recall back to continue raiding, or recall back to help defend.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
We've been talking a bunch about the graveyard stuff; (Really only a few comments) but I think a good idea could be to implement a usage of the towns inn system. If the inns in towns were regioned for no pvp, and provided spawns for players inside that town, it would save players a lot of time running around, waiting for recall cooldowns, or being destroyed trying to escape from a graveyard. (I've all ready seen graveyard camping today, and they haven't been up for very long) This would encourage more players to join towns, and for towns to set up and beautify their inns. It could work so whenever a player joins a town, they can be put on the "inn region" and either set a bed spawn (If pvp is disabled in the inn, this would save complaining) or we could impliment some sort of towny spawn like they have in the towny plugin, or factions.

If none of this works out, I think recall cooldowns should be put a little lower. I don't usually die all that often, but a good raid can lead to 2 - 3 deaths if we keep comming back. With a shorter cooldown, we could both recall back to continue raiding, or recall back to help defend.

I think you've missed one of the points of graveyards as a whole. While I can sympathize with you wanting to jump back into the action right away and help your town during a raid, or defense of a raid the whole point is making your life count.
If you are better prepared on the offense you can essentially wipe out a town and loot away while they have to trek back to town. Conversely, if you and your buddies are well fortified in town defense, your going to drive back the raiders after killing them 1-2 times. Instead of killing the same person over and over and over.

HollowSith

Diamond
I think you've missed one of the points of graveyards as a whole. While I can sympathize with you wanting to jump back into the action right away and help your town during a raid, or defense of a raid the whole point is making your life count.
If you are better prepared on the offense you can essentially wipe out a town and loot away while they have to trek back to town. Conversely, if you and your buddies are well fortified in town defense, your going to drive back the raiders after killing them 1-2 times. Instead of killing the same person over and over and over.

And you think a graveyard will help this? To a town that has 60 active members? We have more then enough people to raid one town and as such we raid 2 to 3 at a time to cause chaos on the server. No one can go help another town because they too are being raided. And what makes it worse is we are gathering all the cords of the graveyards. We WILL camp the graveyard closest to each town we raid, time and time again while we raid. If you think this will stop mass murder, your wrong. It makes it so we have to thin out our forces a bit more, but other then that it serves no purpose nor set back during a raid. And now, we know where each player will spawn. Every time. This is why Graink's suggestion is a good one.

The "inn spawn" IS a good idea. It allows the enemies to spawn in a collective area and stay there if they don't want to be killed after they spawn. It would allow them to regroup and co-ordinate a counter attack on the raiders and fight for what they've build and the items they've collected. Because the Inn is no pvp/ regioned, they can always respawn without harm or worry. How they leave the Inn is another story. Whether they run out again to there deaths or run to victory is entirely up to them. The Inn should be a town only benefit. If your on the roster, you have the permissions to spawn in the Inn. That way raiders like myself can't use there own spawn against them. All other non-towned players can use the graveyards.

The flaw in Graveyards is now people will actually fear death. Which is what apparently it was designed for. People will build massive impenetrable fortresses that won't allow for raids at all. Like the Zeal map. Which in turn encourages some lesser players to attempt exploits/ hacks to acquire the adrenaline of taking from there enemies.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
And you think a graveyard will help this? To a town that has 60 active members? We have more then enough people to raid one town and as such we raid 2 to 3 at a time to cause chaos on the server. No one can go help another town because they too are being raided. And what makes it worse is we are gathering all the cords of the graveyards. We WILL camp the graveyard closest to each town we raid, time and time again while we raid. If you think this will stop mass murder, your wrong. It makes it so we have to thin out our forces a bit more, but other then that it serves no purpose nor set back during a raid. And now, we know where each player will spawn. Every time. This is why Graink's suggestion is a good one.

The "inn spawn" IS a good idea. It allows the enemies to spawn in a collective area and stay there if they don't want to be killed after they spawn. It would allow them to regroup and co-ordinate a counter attack on the raiders and fight for what they've build and the items they've collected. Because the Inn is no pvp/ regioned, they can always respawn without harm or worry. How they leave the Inn is another story. Whether they run out again to there deaths or run to victory is entirely up to them. The Inn should be a town only benefit. If your on the roster, you have the permissions to spawn in the Inn. That way raiders like myself can't use there own spawn against them. All other non-towned players can use the graveyards.

The flaw in Graveyards is now people will actually fear death. Which is what apparently it was designed for. People will build massive impenetrable fortresses that won't allow for raids at all. Like the Zeal map. Which in turn encourages some lesser players to attempt exploits/ hacks to acquire the adrenaline of taking from there enemies.

Your implying your town is all too powerful for this to be of any consequence to you. I disagree sir. It may not affect you as harshly as others, but it does affect you.

HollowSith

Diamond
What I'm bluntly saying and what I'm indirectly implying are two separate things. You've now missed my point. My point was that the graveyard doesn't change the system as much as it is supposed to. A major reason for the graveyards was because of bed camping. Stated by Big K himself. What I'm saying is it hasn't changed anything. What's changed is how we go about it. If anything it's now easier to determine where they will spawn and with no supplies, every time, as a group.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
"The flaw in Graveyards is now people will actually fear death. "

This is the intent of a HARDCORE server - Life is precious.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
What I'm bluntly saying and what I'm indirectly implying are two separate things. You've now missed my point. My point was that the graveyard doesn't change the system as much as it is supposed to. A major reason for the graveyards was because of bed camping. Stated by Big K himself. What I'm saying is it hasn't changed anything. What's changed is how we go about it. If anything it's now easier to determine where they will spawn and with no supplies, every time, as a group.

I think it has changed as much as was intended. If Lorien is well prepared enough to trap those who have died in the graveyard, they should be allowed too. You could always recall out, and if it is on CD you obviously are loosing the battle to defend your town as it is.

HollowSith

Diamond
"The flaw in Graveyards is now people will actually fear death. "

This is the intent of a HARDCORE server - Life is precious.

I understand fully what you are trying to accomplish and why, or rather as much as someone who doesn't know everything about what's going on in Herocraft can. My worry however, is the fact that all it will instil is Massive Impenetrable fortresses that fair players won't have a hope in hell of raiding. BECAUSE players are now afraid to die as-well as lose there items.

I think it has changed as much as was intended. If Lorien is well prepared enough to trap those who have died in the graveyard, they should be allowed too. You could always recall out, and if it is on CD you obviously are loosing the battle to defend your town as it is.

Ah well, was worth a try passing the idea of Inn's through. It's not about claiming Lorien to be overpowered or too prepared. It was about the system changing it's tactic but completing the same result. Seemed/ seems redundant. I wasn't bashing the new system either, just for clarification. Just simply thought Inn's may work as a better course of action. Same as Graink.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I understand fully what you are trying to accomplish and why, or rather as much as someone who doesn't know everything about what's going on in Herocraft can. My worry however, is the fact that all it will instil is Massive Impenetrable fortresses that fair players won't have a hope in hell of raiding. BECAUSE players are now afraid to die as-well as lose there items.

Luckily massive impenetrable fortresses (AKA Bedrock to Sky walls) *cough* Jericho *cough* are now illegal. Which is good, for there was no possible way to raid them. Also, they just looked UGLY. Happy raiding & defending to us all :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Wiki skills are updated as of 1/18/2012.

Skills that have effects based on caster level have also been noted.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Luckily massive impenetrable fortresses (AKA Bedrock to Sky walls) *cough* Jericho *cough* are now illegal. Which is good, for there was no possible way to raid them. Also, they just looked UGLY. Happy raiding & defending to us all :D

That doesn't prevent impenetrable fortresses being created. Bases that are underground or just completely enclosed are virtually impenetrable.
Just the entrances/exits to worry about. Which is no different to the old bedrock-to-sky walled towns.