• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 dev notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
personally I feel that smith is a little op, in the sense that they can wear better armor than most, do cool stuff like repair and have shops and whatever, and use DIAMOND tools. Everybody talks about the pvp aspect, but a specced smith, with diamond armor, and 100+ health, can't be too much worse than another combat class.

I'm not saying I want them to be nerfed, I'm just saying that they really shouldn't be complaining

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
When people prematurely complain about issues they see with what info has been provided, I believe it helps tell Kainzo and the staff what people are worried about and what should be avoided.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
And I only see the people as pvp classes seem to think it is just a great idea. I thought this server was meant for a lot of stuff; the goal to make a server that had pvp, building, anything else you wanted to do, without ruining the idea of a survival. And making it a server for every individual no matter what you like to do, to enjoy Herocraft

The entire idea of this whole dragoon smith crap is for pvpers, doesn't benefit anyone else. If someone wants to tell me how this could benefit someone who wants to be a Crafter, and likes the idea of being the worksmen other then the rapist. Please tell me; maybe I am not seeing it.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Once I get to a computer I will make a post about how it seems unfair instead of a rant.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Exactly. You will be leveling your profession by doing that. You will have to PVP or PVE to level. (PVE has been working for me ever since autosaving got turned off and mobs started spawning more at night)
Actually, Dielan, both are leveled simultaneously; at least it was when I was helping test it on the test server yesterday. :p

GraRona

Portal
Many of you are saying one pvp class and then a crafter class for yu profession is what this means. After visiting the test server, everyone including myself were able to choose two pvp classes. i.e rogue/warrior. Is this a bug or is it intended?

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
And I only see the people as pvp classes seem to think it is just a great idea. I thought this server was meant for a lot of stuff; the goal to make a server that had pvp, building, anything else you wanted to do, without ruining the idea of a survival. And making it a server for every individual no matter what you like to do, to enjoy Herocraft

The entire idea of this whole dragoon smith crap is for pvpers, doesn't benefit anyone else. If someone wants to tell me how this could benefit someone who wants to be a Crafter, and likes the idea of being the worksmen other then the rapist. Please tell me; maybe I am not seeing it.
Youre missing the point. If you want to just be a peaceful builder you still CAN be just a peaceful builder. This benefits the server because it makes the majority of the players happy and adds dynamic to the server.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
if you are saying that a pvp class shouldn't be able to mine to level, their would have to be a whole lot more exp given when killing somebody. If I have the chance of dying and losing 400 xp and my inventory, all for 50 xp I'd get if I killed somebody it doesn't seem worth it from a leveling perspective. PVP is fun, but if exp was turned off for mining everybody would just switch to crafter.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
if you are saying that a pvp class shouldn't be able to mine to level, their would have to be a whole lot more exp given when killing somebody. If I have the chance of dying and losing 400 xp and my inventory, all for 50 xp I'd get if I killed somebody it doesn't seem worth it from a leveling perspective. PVP is fun, but if exp was turned off for mining everybody would just switch to crafter.
Thanks for the input.

There will be a Combat choice and a Profession choice.

You may level whichever one is more fun to you. Want to mine? you'll be a master crafter- want to pvp / slay mobs - you'll be a master combat spec.

Wanna do both? SURE!

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
Thanks for the input.

There will be a Combat choice and a Profession choice.

You may level whichever one is more fun to you. Want to mine? you'll be a master crafter- want to pvp / slay mobs - you'll be a master combat spec.

Wanna do both? SURE!

What if we'd want 2 crafting classes? For example I'm a smith now, but would love for my 2nd spec to be an engineer so that I can use pistons. I don't need a PVP class because I dont play to pvp. I play to build things

Status
Not open for further replies.