• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 dev notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
General:
  • LIVE dynamic map is now available at http://herocraft.zapto.org:8000
  • Attacking from a NO-PVP/PVP region is no longer possible. If you cannot be attacked you now cannot attack.
  • Now using CombatTag to PREVENT combat logging. (Works 100%)
  • ChestShops now take 50c to create and refund 25c when broken.
  • MobRider re-implemented, 99% bug free!
  • Multi-kill messages are now available! Holy Sh*t!
  • New Title Earning system, users can now pick their own titles and name colors!
  • Creepers now explode and destroy blocks below Y=64 (below ground)
Heroes:
  • Immune to all damage players can no longer attack other players (They can still heal though!)
  • You may now view all skills of any class|profession by typing '/skills list <class> #'
  • Armor restrictions now work!
  • Introduction of Professions (Non-Combat Classes) that is capable of pairing with Combat Classes! /hero profession <crafter name>
  • Adjusted hp / mana / armor use of crafters to balance gameplay.
  • Combat classes level from PVP/Slaying/Skills
  • Profession classes level from crafting/mining/skills
  • Crafting EXP is now back in for the Crafter Professions
  • Fixed party damage with most AE skills
  • PVP death now greatly reduces the exp loss for dying. From 10% to 1%
Skills:
  • Wolf - fixed multiple wolves when the user is lagging
  • Soulfire/Backstab/Cleave - now work with iron Weps
  • Construct - added more recipes to the /skill construct list
  • Farsight (NEW) - Massive zoom (x10) view
  • PickPocket (NEW) - Steal a random item from your victim!
  • EscapeArist (NEW) - immediately escape from a root/snare
  • Quake (NEW) - Deal the amount of falling damage taken to everyone around you
  • Tumble (NEW) - Every level gain a passive damage reduction from falling
  • Gift (NEW) - Send an item(stack) to selected player
  • Excavate (NEW) - Instant break blocks for X seconds
  • Several others...
Reagent Skills:
  • Port - no longer requires 2 diamonds
  • Quicken - no longer requires 2 diamonds
  • SuperJump - requires a Feather to use
Classes:
  • Crafters & Specs will rely on their Combat Counterpart for Armor restrictions
  • Engineers can now use Gold_Pickaxes
  • Ranger - Arrow damage normalized - it was doing half damage, now doing 25 dmg for a full charged bow/arrow
  • Pal/DK - Endurance has returned!
  • Ninja - Slightly adjusted backstab damage and chance.
  • Healers/Casters - base damage is now reduced, rely on skills!

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
-is hopeful Endurance will be restored to its respective classes in 2.8.0, though not as overpowered as it had been-

I do miss the pancakes though.

Edit: speaking of pancakes, I'm going to be trying out a new white chocolate raspberry pancake this weekend, I'll keep you posted on how it works out.

Pancake related edit: It worked out rather well!

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
So is this the patch that will remove crafters? If I already leveled I get to keep level 50 engineer right? D:

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
It's not removing crafters, I don't think. I think there will be a seperate crafter "Combat" class that will still get chest shops etc.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll admit I'm incredibly curious about the specifics/details of this... at first I assumed we'd get a combat class + crafter, but now I'm really wondering what all professions we'll get, and what's in store for those who've been crafter this entire time.

Edit: Oh, so it IS what I thought it was... err I think. Anyway I'm just gonna wait and see. Makes life easier.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Profession is going to be the new name of the crafting classes.

It will still adhere to the Crafter -> Spec associations

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
That's stupid, I leveled to level 50 crafter for nothing, if everyone cab do it, then it will be more boring, although if you want to not die a bunch don't play crafter and stop whining to Kainzo because now look what you did.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I must say that this looks like a change that will benefit fighter classes rather than crafters. The theory behind this (at least I think) is that crafters will gain increased protection and fighting ability, while fighters gain crafter abilities. The issue I think is that crafters would only have stayed crafter if they had no real intentions of fighting in the first place and as such they avoid fights. To a fighter this is just an added bonus, while as a crafter this is taking away that which made them unique in the first place and giving them a skillset they never really wanted to have. As a fighter I do like it, but I hope that people understand why this would be disheartening to crafters.

Edit: I suggest crafters who only want to craft go for dragoon or wizard for the mobility and utility which will actually help them overall if they don't really care about fighting

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
I must say that this looks like a change that will benefit fighter classes rather than crafters. The theory behind this (at least I think) is that crafters will gain increased protection and fighting ability, while fighters gain crafter abilities. The issue I think is that crafters would only have stayed crafter if they had no real intentions of fighting in the first place and as such they avoid fights. To a fighter this is just an added bonus, while as a crafter this is taking away that which made them unique in the first place and giving them a skillset they never really wanted to have. As a fighter I do like it, but I hope that people understand why this would be disheartening to crafters.

Edit: I suggest crafters who only want to craft go for dragoon or wizard for the mobility and utility which will actually help them overall if they don't really care about fighting

Really guys? This means that crafters who have already lvl'd way up don't have to run and hide anymore when someone comes after them. This is a boon for EVERYONE.

Right now, I'm a lvl 40 geomancer. When this hits I will have a profession as a level 1 crafter (unspecced) along with my lvl 40 geomancer.
Now let's say you're a lvl 40 Smith. You'll get a combat class, say Level 1 Caster, with a profession of level 40 Smith.

You can grow from caster to Geomancer, with your Profession growing along side it. I can grow my profession from Crafter to Smith, with my combat class growing along side it.

If you decide you still want to stay away from combat and just level your profession, nobody is going to stop you.

Who lost out? Answer : Nobody.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Well, we will not be needed anymore because everyone will be a kickass tank who destroys everyone and can build gates and bridges, or a lancer that can repair his armor or lance anytime he feels.

You become a Crafter to think of yourself as more of a working class rather then the rapists.

Who lost out? Answer: Crafter's.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Meh. As someone who currently doesn't use anything crafters do aside from alchemists, I'm looking forward to this, as it allows me to do things I'd otherwise not get the chance to do. The skilled crafters who are true masters in their trade (such as engineers or masons in particular) will still be just as in need, since a fighter with access to a crafter class does not make them particularly skilled at actually using said class.

Also I don't like the portrayal of the combat classes as rapist >_> I have yet to initiate any non-consensual PVP.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Lol

Edit: But really, of course the melee classes will have crafter abilities. A mmo cannot be perfect without no balance!

Status
Not open for further replies.