• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 dev notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The thing is that crafters avoid pvp as much as possible usually so that great benefit you guys think they are getting really matters not at all. And even great crafters don't usually get hired to do anything more than place a sign saying [Gate] or pistons in predetermined locations. I don't actually think I have ever seen anyone hire an engineer asking them to design something. Usually people just want you to place what you can place and that is what makes you useful, not your expertise in actually building because that can be done as a combat class.

Edit: I am not saying that I am against this change because it actually benefits me. What I really am trying to say is that you should not be so ignorant as to assume that crafters benefit as much as fighters from this.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Umm but there is a flaw. The already powerful samurai was given pretty crappy armor to compensate for great damage. But think of a samurai smith. Badass damage with impenetrable armor. Totally op. I find the professions great but you also might have to tone down some classes.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
All I'm going to say is Sammys are already OP. Maybe you can make smiths for like casters-healers.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
A question will you have to switch back from combat class to crafter or does it just add the skills on?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I had always assumed that with the change to allow combat classes the ability to use crafter skills that they would also be removing the armor from crafters. Basically I've always thought they were NOT going to let smiths continue to have the armor they currently have and have it be based off the combat class.

Edit: When did samurais get nerfed?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
yeah, Samurai most likely won't have access to smith armor, and even then a samurai smith wouldn't have much benefit from the repair functions. diamond swords don't break that often, and their armor isn't exactly top notch. I remember saying the same thing to someone who was itching to be a ninja smith.

As for the nerf, I think they're referring to blade grasp's changes (both in reagents and how it blocks 90% now)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
That's stupid, I leveled to level 50 crafter for nothing, if everyone cab do it, then it will be more boring, although if you want to not die a bunch don't play crafter and stop whining to Kainzo because now look what you did.

Just because somebody's gotta say it:

There will be people who don't level their paths and only level their professions and vice versa. This benefits everyone. So if you think it's more boring, you can't be helped because everything will be more or less the same. This just stops people from needing to spend 500c (like diffuse does) to switch between your main pvp class and crafter class. A pointless practice.

This will also make room for less people to just mine for exp. Does it make sense an aspiring Samurai can learn all his skills from mining gold? No. Does it make sense that an aspiring Samurai will learn all his skills from trial and error from fighting people and monsters? Yes.

InAcan

Coal
So when will this new patch be put into effect? I wasn't even aware until now that there WERE crafting classes. Sure goes to show how informed I am!
Temper that with the fact though, that I haven't been whitelisted yet... :p

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Lol. So just confirming (i think I already read this once) but when picking a profession, will I have to level up again? I'm already a level 50 mason, and smith, so can I just become master ninja-smith immediately?

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
fuck the crafters! Bard/ninja + Samurai.

but really.. i cbf leveling lol. looks like ill be a smith+rogue... :/ rofl

seems like smith is gonna be the china of herocraft. warrior with inf gold sword ftw!!!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
fuck the crafters! Bard/ninja + Samurai.

but really.. i cbf leveling lol. looks like ill be a smith+rogue... :/ rofl

seems like smith is gonna be the china of herocraft. warrior with inf gold sword ftw!!!
Actually, that may be an interesting dynamic, Smiths making use of gold weapons. We may want some manner of keeping such skills away from combat situations, like "cannot use skill within x time of being hit". Or we could just roll with it and see what happens.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
does this mean that I can be a lvl 50 pally/smith and use gold picks with auto repair?

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Here is the thing - there are going to be people who love this and people who hate it. Everyone wins in the sense that everyone has more options and more abilities. Everyone loses in the sense that we're making each unique class less unique, less exclusive, and less valuable. I personally would prefer it the way it is now, but others will feel different.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Actually, that may be an interesting dynamic, Smiths making use of gold weapons. We may want some manner of keeping such skills away from combat situations, like "cannot use skill within x time of being hit". Or we could just roll with it and see what happens.

When this was first being discussed, this was actually not unlike one of the possibilities brought up, where certain skills like auto repair would not be available within a certain time of combat. At the moment this is only really a problem with the Smith class, which is going to become very popular with most of the people who started out with combat classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.