• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 dev notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmeddy

Iron
Just a thought-- you need names of towns over peoples heads, so we can identify people when were in battle!
I hope you think its a good idea!

GraRona

Portal
Just a thought-- you need names of towns over peoples heads, so we can identify people when were in battle!
I hope you think its a good idea!

Good idea shmeddy but two problems.

1. This can only be implemented if people used the spout client which allows modifications of nametags and screen text.

2. Even if this was implemented, it would be able to see nametags from afar because of their size.

InAcan

Coal
Screw nametags! Just make it mandatory that all townsfolk have some sort of common element in their skins! :D

I think it would probably be easier to identify a few pixels on the character's skin than to have to look up and stare at their floaty names.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Screw nametags! Just make it mandatory that all townsfolk have some sort of common element in their skins! :D

I think it would probably be easier to identify a few pixels on the character's skin than to have to look up and stare at their floaty names.

Theres a reason why the TC never had cases of friendly fire :p

shmeddy

Iron

Thats EXACTLY why I made some uniforms for spire and horizon! People in towns should wear uniforms!!

InAcan

Coal
Hell, they don't even need to be uniforms. A simple splash in the middle of the back and chest would work just fine. That way people can still wear mostly original skins.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
...I don't get it. xD

Well, if we DO choose to implement such a thing, I could ask some of my older peers for advice.
They might have some ...experience... in applying such patterns, although I'm not sure how we could avoid possible ...implications...

However, I do agree on using a graphical means of identification- I'm thinking of a new skin for the HellRiders, maybe something brownish or black with a pretty little armband in a contrasting color, maybe red... any ideas?

...Actually, no, let's just forget about that and instead laugh at uneducated American adolescents, shall we?

EDIT: Shit, now I made them anyway. Whatever.

I'm enjoying this.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Do we have a finalized profession list yet?

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm been slapping my elbow for weeks now... i need me some 1.0 herocraft otherwise my arm is gonna turn black from the belt tied onto it haha

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
last I checked Bukkit isn't updated. Even if it has, 2.8 needs to be tested for bugs.. wouldn't want heroes to have massive issues causing gameplay problems.

Patience is a virtue guys. As much as I want 1.0 Herocraft, I understand clearly why we have not updated.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There are two game breaking bugs at the moment with bukkit that we're hoping to have fixed in the next recommended build. Heroes isnt even working with 1.0 - it will work - but it takes time. Time that doesn't come easy and no one gets paid to do.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Anyone worth their salt on the server will still be here by the time it's all good and ready. While I'm as eager as 1.0 for anyone else, 2.8.0 especially, it's not the minecraft I want to play if it's not on Herocraft.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
There are two game breaking bugs at the moment with bukkit that we're hoping to have fixed in the next recommended build. Heroes isnt even working with 1.0 - it will work - but it takes time. Time that doesn't come easy and no one gets paid to do.
I'll be donating in the future, hope it helps man. Christmas money will go to a good cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.