• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.0 Bug Report Thread - Part 3.5

Zihara

Obsidian
Mason's are unable to use shears anymore :( It says it's a class restriction although it still shows up in our Skill list.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe not a bug but:
grass grown by bonemeal can immediately be broken for Exp by a farmer (whereas grass placed by the farmer has the normal 'no exp - block placed too recently' protection)

Probably not a Heroes thing, just weird:
sugarcane can be planed in water. Can plant it on any 'edge' block (that is 1 block higher than a neighboring block). If its in 1-deep water then it will grow. Any deeper and it doesn't grow taller
- may be worth looking into though as it possibly could cause lag?

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Not sure if this is intended but UnholyRitual can be used repeatedly on the same summoned skeleton. It's basically a mana-battery you draw on until it returns to it's hellish dimension.

Actually the summon skeleton/unholy ritual mechanic, while a cool idea, feels clunky and not very useful.
- It needs reagents (bones) both to summon the skeleton and for UnholyRitual. Only a minor point but it's really frustrating when you summon the skele then get the 'you dont have the reagent to cast this spell' message for the UnholyRitual.
- The skele doesn't hang around very long, has difficulty following the necro, and isn't very tough (in pvp it's unlikely to survive long enough to be sacrificed)
- Given the above, plus the mana cost (40) to summon the skeleton in the first place it can't be used when you most need it: i.e. when you are low on mana!

possible alternative:
- Leave summon skele as it is - it's still useful as a combat ally (and it's just plain cool)
- Change UnholyRitual to be similar to DrainSoul i.e. does a small amount of damage to a target and gives the necro a reasonable mana boost. Perhaps doing 3 dmg and restoring 15 mana. With maybe a 1-2+ minute cooldown to prevent spam-casting.
I'd also suggest:
- Not requiring a reagent for UnholyRitual (tbh necro's seem a little handicapped by their need for reagents. they have 5 skills that need reagents while wiz/geo only have 2 that need them)
- Allow UnholyRitual to be used on the summoned skeleton but that breaks the binding and the skeleton attacks the necro >:)

[edit: Um - wiki says that UnholyRitual can be cast on any 'undead' (Zombies, skeletons, zombie pigmen) but in-game description says 'summoned undead' and a Zombie is an 'Invalid Target' - I'm confused as to how it's actually meant to work . . . ]

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Not sure if intended but in MobArena a basic Rogue can use both the diamond and gold swords and get full damage out of them (I think it was about the same as Ninja/Thief).

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Is IceBall(geomancer skill) intended to have a different trajectory than Fireball?
It has a noticably shorter range than fireball, like it is much heavier than fireball.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Is IceBall(geomancer skill) intended to have a different trajectory than Fireball?
It has a noticably shorter range than fireball, like it is much heavier than fireball.

Think of it realistically - fire is technically a gas, ice is a solid, therefore ice should be more dense/heavy.

Not sure if this is intended however.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
God mode for admins allows players to push the admins around, but the players don't get pushed themselves.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Think of it realistically - fire is technically a gas, ice is a solid, therefore ice should be more dense/heavy.

Not sure if this is intended however.

People that try to bring realism into a game made of blocks are really... I don't even have a word for it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Probably already been reported, but my arena issues:

• When I join the "dh" mob arena, nothing spawns and it boots me out
  • My inventory bring up a crafting window? I can't rearrange my action bar this way
  • Sometimes when I die the respawn button doesn't work and I don't move to the spectator zone. I have to relog, but then I lose anything I had in my inventory prior to joining the mob arena. However if I rejoin the MA, die, and am able to respawn, then I get everything back. HOWEVER, when i then use /ma leave it says I have left, but doesn't remove me from the spectator area. I tried to join another MA then leave, but it sent me back to the spectator area and changed my inventory to have only the items I won from the first MA.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
@Alator to leave the MA, you have to specify which one you're leaving. If you do /ma leave dh it should work properly. :)

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
More arena bugs:

In MA Sandy, health doesnt update until after you take damage. If you go in with 1 heart, it shows 1 heart until you get hit. If you leave with 5, it shows 5 outside until you take damage again.

In Valor, some users are invincible. Cactus, lava, and mobs don't hurt them. In addition, while invincible, I was unable to target mobs with skills.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
More arena bugs:

In MA Sandy, health doesnt update until after you take damage. If you go in with 1 heart, it shows 1 heart until you get hit. If you leave with 5, it shows 5 outside until you take damage again.

In Valor, some users are invincible. Cactus, lava, and mobs don't hurt them. In addition, while invincible, I was unable to target mobs with skills.
@garbagemule

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
I think it is intended. I read somewhere that Icebolt is
the same as throwing a snowball. And that the range is
supposed to be similar. Im not 100% sure where I read tho

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
also it spams PLAYER LEARNED ALCHEMY or whatever your secondary is to the surrounding area.

Welcome, Plasma78, to Herocraft!
You are in [dragon] world. The time is 15:05 (3:05 pm)
Please use /hero to view all available commands!!
Heroes: Plasma78 gained Alchemy!

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
also it spams PLAYER LEARNED ALCHEMY or whatever your secondary is to the surrounding area.

Welcome, Plasma78, to Herocraft!
You are in [dragon] world. The time is 15:05 (3:05 pm)
Please use /hero to view all available commands!!
Heroes: Plasma78 gained Alchemy!

for what i've seen thats always happened with passive abilities

c12095

Holy Shit!
If a ranger hits a player with Arrowstorm and the player logs they arn't tagged by the combat logger and have no npc spawned in their place.

_AMPLiFY

Legacy Supporter 4
Here are some of the bus I noticed:
  • In the Sandy mob arena where I was invincible. Nothing could hurt me and I could easily kill the mobs. But it wasn't every time. I did the mob arena 3 times, only twice I was invincible.
  • Also, I noticed that zombie pigmen have a lot of HP. (I mean I stood there for what felt like forever trying to kill one). Don't know if this was a glitch or intended.
  • And finally, I noticed a lot of mobs get stuck in the corners at the Sandy mob arena.
tumblr_lxc6hngmsB1r2al57o1_500.png

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
  • Also, I noticed that zombie pigmen have a lot of HP. (I mean I stood there for what felt like forever trying to kill one). Don't know if this was a glitch or intended.

300hp in fact. Take my advice: do NOT use any AoE's while in the nether ;)