• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroclient / mod.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Pretty sure he released it for external use on servers, though I don't think there is a single player adaptation.
yes and no.

There is no single player mod. Heroes is available for anyone that wants to use it. However, we do not privately support or support specific servers.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have a question. Is there any way I get could the herocraft mod so I can have classes while I play single player?
To answer your question - nope.
1) even if you had the configs, you wouldnt have the skills file that are private to Herocraft
2) its a lot of work making them and they arent freely available.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Pretty sure he released it for external use on servers, though I don't think there is a single player adaptation.

I know its released, I looked it up on Curse, however most of the work isn't done by Kainzo its done by some other person, and I know he kept most of the Skill Configs so there weren't spin offs of HC.

Teerian

Gold
Just an update on the freezing issue I posted about awhile back.

After quite a bit of testing on HC, other servers, and single player both with and without the Hero Client mod in use, I believe I can confirm that it is not the mod itself but something else specific to the HC server causing me problems.

I have been able to play on other servers as well as in single player both with and without the client while experiencing no issues at all. I have also played on the HeroCraft server without the mod, resulting in the same freeze-ups occurring with the mod installed.

That said, I have no clue at all what could be causing my issues. They seem to occur after travelling 600+ blocks from my login point, or after a duration of 30 minutes to an hour online without completely logging out and closing the game. I guess I'll see if the item frame wipe offers any improvements and check my own computer for issues.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
When I type hc.to/jar into my bar, It says I don't have permission to view this page, Help?

MegaRain95

Stone
More things that need to be added:
Herocraft friend lists
Event Notifications Window
Item Durability Display
Easy binding window(For example, open up window, click item, then skill)

These should be added in the mod or the server.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Herocraft friend lists - Yes please!
Event Notifications Window - Uuuh... perhaps useful? :s
Item Durability Display - Would like.
Easy binding window(For example, open up window, click item, then skill) - Get Macro Mod, or download the jar file at http://hc.to/jar . The bottom one also has HeroMod installed.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Herocraft friend lists
Event Notifications Window
Item Durability Display
Easy binding window(For example, open up window, click item, then skill)

For item durability display, press F3+H. You would need to hover over it in your inventory though. If that's what you want, good, if you want it to display the durability in your hand or on your body as armor, then i agree. It should be added.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just an update on the freezing issue I posted about awhile back.

After quite a bit of testing on HC, other servers, and single player both with and without the Hero Client mod in use, I believe I can confirm that it is not the mod itself but something else specific to the HC server causing me problems.

I have been able to play on other servers as well as in single player both with and without the client while experiencing no issues at all. I have also played on the HeroCraft server without the mod, resulting in the same freeze-ups occurring with the mod installed.

That said, I have no clue at all what could be causing my issues. They seem to occur after travelling 600+ blocks from my login point, or after a duration of 30 minutes to an hour online without completely logging out and closing the game. I guess I'll see if the item frame wipe offers any improvements and check my own computer for issues.
"What freezing" - be more specific.

Teerian

Gold
Kainzo

Attempting to use a skill or moving a couple of blocks causes the screen to freeze for up to 15-20 seconds. Kind of like a memory leak. Things start out fine, then it becomes progressively worse over time. From completely smooth frame rate to a skip here and there to occasional pause, ending with "Wow. Fuck this. Log out."

It could very well be possible that my computer - specifically the RAM - is having problems, but so far no other games are stumbling over time like this. I haven't had time to check lately.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo

Attempting to use a skill or moving a couple of blocks causes the screen to freeze for up to 15-20 seconds. Kind of like a memory leak. Things start out fine, then it becomes progressively worse over time. From completely smooth frame rate to a skip here and there to occasional pause, ending with "Wow. Fuck this. Log out."

It could very well be possible that my computer - specifically the RAM - is having problems, but so far no other games are stumbling over time like this. I haven't had time to check lately.
that's really odd - anyone else having this same issue?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Teerian - Midnight storm was having similar issues with the ModPack as well.

Could you do me a favor? I would like you to go to hc.to/jar and download and install Jar A, it has NO HeroMod pack installed. Tell me if the problem happens with that Jar.

If it does continue as it did with Midnight Storm, what we did to fix his was uninstalling ALL Java components installed on the computer, and re-installed Java and made 100% sure he was using the correct Bit Format.

For some reason he had Two Javas installed one was a 32b and one was 64b, so on his 64b system java was running in 32b instead causing the issue, however while he has had no freezing with Jar A, I have yet to get him to reinstall Jar B so I can see if that was the 100% cause of the issue.

I'll keep everyone updated here as to what I find but for now if you are having issues with the HeroMod pack, I would suggest downloading and installing Jar A until something is discovered.

-OR-

If you compiled the Jar yourself, try downloading the Jar in the thread at hc.to/jar and installing it. Everything that I upload I run on my computer and it works 100% no freezing or crashing. If it continues from that point then repost here if you try this step and we can troubleshoot it from there.

Teerian

Gold
Kainzo As I said before, after a bit of testing, I don't believe it is the hero client. I'm able to play on single player and other servers both with and without it installed and the freeze up problem doesn't occur. However, playing on the Herocraft server even without the client is causing me to have this issue.

Rumblestikk I'll see if I have time later today before work to test that out. If not, I'll get to it as soon as I can and let you know what happens.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo As I said before, after a bit of testing, I don't believe it is the hero client. I'm able to play on single player and other servers both with and without it installed and the freeze up problem doesn't occur. However, playing on the Herocraft server even without the client is causing me to have this issue.

Rumblestikk I'll see if I have time later today before work to test that out. If not, I'll get to it as soon as I can and let you know what happens.
There's nothing that will "freeze" a client unless there's a certain area that has 100+ fireworks going off at once, or something similar.

I'd re-install to latest java update and wipe your MC folder.

Teerian

Gold
The folder has been wiped at least a couple of times while I was testing things out, so it is likely either java or something else. I'll try that out when I have time.