• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gold vs. Emerald

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Just tested it - on vanilla, there is no cooldown between trades. So what plugin is it?
It was probably me just smoking too much crack while playing late at night making sex jokes with my friends while playing minecraft lol

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
Give It a testrun In creative.
With infinitive amount of trade resourses with emeralds exluded.
You will notice that you actually have to spend more emeralds then you get.
The villagers will all stand there and only offer you to buy stuff for emeralds

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
If kainzo turns off structures that means villages won't spawn. This wouldn't work well as emeralds are mainly obtained from trading. I wonder if there is a plugin that generates it's own customizable villages...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm worried about huge mountain biomes being destroyed in order to find emeralds. Huge mountains with massive holes in them would look horrible.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm wit Emeralds being at a lower cost, and Gold being the main economy source. Plus, if need be, the price of emeralds could change during the map - After all, remember how much Gold prices changed in Sanctum? ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Just keep Gold as currency and keep Emeralds as a decoration block/bling/trade with villagers. The trade with villagers isn't a problem if Emeralds are worth 1c.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
Just keep Gold as currency and keep Emeralds as a decoration block/bling/trade with villagers. The trade with villagers isn't a problem if Emeralds are worth 1c.

Don't villagers trade gold for emeralds? Or the other way around?

Digger360

Obsidian
Farming villagers for currency, is much less preferable as mining gold, as you get experience that goes along with it.

Obtaining Emeralds simply sounds like a chore to me.

Joka10

Soulsand
Personally I like gold better. I think emeralds should have a high-ish value, but they function too wierdly in the vanilla game to be easily converted into a primary currency, in my opinion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah, in all honesty, i'd prefer to see just gold in the economy. I've stated what i'd like if both gold and emeralds were to be used, or just emeralds, though i'd easily settle for just gold.

I'd like to see a gold-based economy (no emeralds) because:

- The process is simple.
- This form of currency hasn't had any major flaws/errors in the past.
- This system works a lot easier.
- It is easier to use than introducing a whole new economic system (player base wise).
- It is easier to use than introducing a whole new economic system (coding wise).
- It's a traditional MC currency.
- You gain exp through gold mining.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Some, if not all, of which are all summed up in this one sentence:
Merchants will be the richest people; They will have a huge advantage over others.

Merchants will run the towns, own the plots, be the only people specced, ect (if an emerald-only currency is introduced).