• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gold vs. Emerald

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I know trades only go one way. Does it matter? You can still get a farmer, get an inventory of wheat and gain tons of emeralds very quickly. If emeralds were prices above/around 9c (the current gold price), then you'd get rich VERY quickly. If you had friends to give you more wheat while you traded, then you'll be even richer! :eek:
Plus, trades have a cooldown built in which I assume could be changed.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Plus, trades have a cooldown built in which I assume could be changed.

There isn't much point of coding things to the extreme in order to maintain emerald prices at around 9c. If you just make it so that there are only a few villagers, with emerald prices very low, then that would be easier and fairer.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
How bout removing villagers? Then you would have to find emeralds on your own in the extreme hills which would make things better in my opinion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
How bout removing villagers? Then you would have to find emeralds on your own in the extreme hills which would make things better in my opinion.

That would make emeralds nearly impossible to come by. That wouldn't work unless you have gold as a form of currency aswell.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
One problem with the villagers is that if you get a good buy available, say 1o chickens for an emerald.
You can keep the trade window open and trade an infinitive amount of emeralds with the help of another player dropping chickens at your feets.

If you do play fair and close the trade window, we actually have the opposite problem, The villagers will run out of buying options for emeralds. There are already some plugins handling this problem, and I bet that we will soon be seeing a solid dynamic market addon for villagers. Until then, Its probably better to stick with gold as currency.

agentjwall

Godly
One problem with the villagers is that if you get a good buy available, say 1o chickens for an emerald.
You can keep the trade window open and trade an infinitive amount of emeralds with the help of another player dropping chickens at your feets.

If you do play fair and close the trade window, we actually have the opposite problem, The villagers will run out of buying options for emeralds. There are already some plugins handling this problem, and I bet that we will soon be seeing a solid dynamic market addon for villagers. Until then, Its probably better to stick with gold as currency.

If you keep trading with the villager you will eventually get back previous deals, you can never actually run out of trade options.

My vote is for gold at 9c and Emeralds at 1c

My justification: Clicky

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If you keep trading with the villager you will eventually get back previous deals, you can never actually run out of trade options.

FINALLY someone understands! :D

Yes, that link shows exactly why emerald prices can't be at 4-9c, it'll allow people to get money too easily! :( Prices of 1-2c would be better, IMO. It would also boost the economy/the need for farmers, as shown in the video and in a previous image.

To prevent NPC's being stolen/killed, how about a NPC market in the wild? Or a class/specification that can create NPC eggs? @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah... going to see if we can find methods to limit the trading - or we'll just keep emeralds at 1c.
This is why we wanted to let people know about the new map - so we can fix issues like this before the new map.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah... going to see if we can find methods to limit the trading - or we'll just keep emeralds at 1c.
This is why we wanted to let people know about the new map - so we can fix issues like this before the new map.

I think keeping emeralds at 1c would be easier. I'm looking at it on the grounds that it'll help you focus on other things about the map! :p Also, it's great that you've told us about the map early. Many thanks! :)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

That is before the cooldown and before the trades changed.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
That is before the cooldown and before the trades changed.

Trade changes? What changes? I just tried what was shown in the video and it worked perfectly fine, no cooldowns at all. I had an inventory of items, used them all, and got emeralds without delay.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
On my server it makes us wait 5 seconds between each trade and its always different :/

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
idk, maybe I'm just crazy, but tbh with you I'm 100% sure villagers will be a rare thing and Emeralds even more rare. I'll go re-check it out and be right back.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Imo, Kain should disable "generate structures" and have both gold and emeralds as economy items :)

Nah, that'll just remove strongholds and nether fortresses! :( Kainzo/an architect should fly around the map and demolish all the villages if they wanted to get rid of them! :p

On my server it makes us wait 5 seconds between each trade and its always different :/

That explains it! :p

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I'm thinking keep gold at normal price, then amke emeralds like 9c per, just because they are harder to find. That way there isn't much of a difference.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Elaborate ?

Not from what I've seen.
Ok, went and checked it again and what I was seeing was them GAINING another item trade. This looks like you can eventually make SUPER villagers that can trade everything...