• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

First Herocraft Worlds Fair! (Architectural Contest) 11/22 8:00 AM PST

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
2 weeks from when Brutal managed to get the regions working then broken then working again (Don't hurt me!)

December 5th.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
This is your 3-day warning call. Also, y'all may want to look back at Page 5 and see who hasn't paid yet. If your team is unpaid, the entry is rendered invalid at the time of judging.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Alrighty... Looks like it's time to start the judging. Haven't seen much activity on the thread, so I'm just under the assumption everyone was building.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Having done a preliminary examination of the entries, I am, to say the least, very disappointed. Of all 9 teams, only 5 ever did anything with their plots. One put a single block of sand in lieu of a grass block. One built a diving board that did nothing. One was a non-functional rollercoaster that killed me just boarding it.

That left only two entries that merited a score. An extremely well-locked house by Team #1, and a rather moving monument by Team #3. I'm not certain who the winner is at this time as my examinations were only brief once-overs, but both will receive a prize, and both should pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
I liked the event and thank you Brutal and TheTXLibra for making it possible. Sad that not many people even started.

Next time maybe
1. make people pay per team not per person?
2. Longer time / bigger plot or short time (couple of hours) and you supply the allowed materials (best designer, building something nice with limited supplies)
3. Something not on a specific place, maybe letting people build whatever they want wherever they want. (Could be trouble with people applying with allready built stuff).

time_warp01

Legacy Supporter 6
Real shame people gave up on this. I hope there will be more in the future, although this reaction isn't very promising. Thanks for giving it a shot, though, libra!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yeah, it is too bad. Although the timing of the server being in update limbo didn't help I'm sure. Anyway, I'm excited to see you entry time-warp. We were going to build a rock-paper-scissors game but had to change it at last minute, heh. I guess that works out because now we don't have just two redstone devices. :D

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Maybe we could have a speed build next time? Give people 30 min to finish a building using limited materials?
I think that would work.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I fixed the death. I just didn't have enough time on my own. Min of 2 people per team.

P.S. I died too.

time_warp01

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, it is too bad. Although the timing of the server being in update limbo didn't help I'm sure. Anyway, I'm excited to see you entry time-warp. We were going to build a rock-paper-scissors game but had to change it at last minute, heh. I guess that works out because now we don't have just two redstone devices. :D
I'm interested to see yours too! Congratulations on being the only other one to finish! :D

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm a bit embarrassed. I never got around to working on my entry mainly for lack of inspiration.
In my opinion, a future contest should have a given theme or goal.

Though for the very first attempt at a contest like this I'd say it wasn't a complete disaster.

Mattholomew

Legacy Supporter 5
I was planning on entering, but thought that I wouldn't've had much time to build it, and that the competition would've been fierce, but I guess I should've after all :p
Also, will there be pics of the winners? Would love to see the good ones :D

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
This sounds like it was a lot of fun. Too bad I didnt know about it, I extremely rarely look at the general forums, why not put this in the members discussion btw?

It seemed a bit hard to figure out what actually was the goal in the competition though, make something nice or make a machine? (farm, train station, etc) Like could an extremely cool looking shrine thingy win the whole thing? (with no practical purpose) It also seems like having a mason and an engineer on the team would be extremely beneficial if one goes for the useful structure approach.

time_warp01

Legacy Supporter 6
Are we allowed to post pics or should we wait for them to be world edited somewhere people can see them?

time_warp01

Legacy Supporter 6
@TheTXLibra @Brutalacerate

Visited my contest plot today to find the walls removed and my chests with building materials exposed. I lost a few stacks of Iron, 9 diamond, 1 glowstone, and 3 stacks of lapis, among other things. How about a little warning next time? :/