• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearling Lwc doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
I know but the way it was said gives the impression a LWC door is 100% protection, when there are ways around it, even if you take the enderpearling out.

Yeah I think we all know that it's not 100% secure. In our situation, we don't have LWC'd doors but old fashion redstone torch placements. We are vulnerable in the space of time it takes us to place and remove the torch, this is something someone cunning enough can take advantage of. So it does require you to be extra careful when using them.

However knowing someone can completely override that, without you even being online completely defeats the purpose of having it there in the first place. In this situation your better off just placing dirt blocks..

But didn't someone say this can also be done through glass planes? Does this mean no more windows?

Making it illegal is really the only solution here.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
What next? A skill that lets you open LWC chests? Meh, I should probably fill my Noble plot with Dirt so people cant come in and steal stuff.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't know about you, but my guess is that it was made legal because the staff got tired of having to constantly deal with petitions regarding such situations. :L

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
LWC chests yes, but there are ways around the LWC, like someone following you in. LWC door is not 100% safe even if this was illegal.
If someone follow you in that is fair play, then you did something stupid, however with this glitch (yes, I would call it a glitch) there is impossible to lock off your house with a door.

It's the fact that you don't even got a chance to defend your stuff, or even know someone glitched though the door when you are offline or on the other side of the map..

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
So yeah, after getting every last piece of valuables stolen from my house, in which I thought was totally secure, I am in full support of this suggestion. (I clumsily forgot to replace dirt over my chest but this still shouldn't have happened since my house was locked up tight, but obviously not tight enough) It would be pretty easy to make this illegal, kind of like how blinking through 1x1 holes is possible but still illegal.
it seems that every time I'm being raided, I forget to cover my chests. >.>

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
What the hell are the people who determine whats legal and illegal smoking?

example 1: Quantum leaping a sheep to get into a town is not aloud, but ender pearling through doors AND walls are legal? In what world does this make sense.
example 2: This is basically the exact same thing that happened on Zeal map with Blink. You were able to blink through damn near anything, but then that was deemed illegal. But with ender pearls, going through blocks/doors is legal.

-LWC are for protection, and if you can just bypass it so simply by throwing an ender pearl through it, then what is the point of it?
-I don't know any other ways into a regioned area with an LWC'd door without exploiting being required. The only way I see of getting passed a LWC'd door is if it's open and you manage to through within that time.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
What the hell are the people who determine whats legal and illegal smoking?

example 1: Quantum leaping a sheep to get into a town is not aloud, but ender pearling through doors AND walls are legal? In what world does this make sense.

I thought you could quantum leap to a person and it was deemed legal, the sheep was not and that is why the skill was changed to reflect you could only use it on people.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
What next? A skill that lets you open LWC chests? Meh, I should probably fill my Noble plot with Dirt so people cant come in and steal stuff.
Thats not safe either. Last map someone who I will not name lagged into my dirt covered chests. I also remember another person lagging into Angyles and Kryptomaniac chests and stealing all their stuff.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
But did the rules support lag exploiting like that to be legal and completely allowed?
My point is is that with the logic staff is currently using to deem what is legal and whats not things like this will soon be legal. From what I've gathered this enderpearling nonsense was made legal because staff didn't want to deal with the insane amount of petitions it was getting about it. So if people started lagging into covered chests enough whats stopping it from becoming legal? With the current logic it wouldn't surprise me.

Y

ytiggidmas

I don't see why this isn't illegal already, the community obviously wants it to be.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Under current ruling this is legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.