• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearling Lwc doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
So after a few raids at Oakenshire we have noticed people getting into some of our members houses. The doors of these houses are LWCd so that means they shouldn't be able to open the door without permission. But apparently we were told if you are able to enderpearl (wizard/pyro) it is allowed to enderpearl through the door. What is the point of paying your own money to LOCK a door just so people of a certain class can get through the door? I feel like that should be illegal.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
So after a few raids at Oakenshire we have noticed people getting into some of our members houses. The doors of these houses are LWCd so that means they shouldn't be able to open the door without permission. But apparently we were told if you are able to enderpearl (wizard/pyro) it is allowed to enderpearl through the door. What is the point of paying your own money to LOCK a door just so people of a certain class can get through the door? I feel like that should be illegal.
Do NOT post expoits or glitches here...

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I completely agree. Something should be done about this. Do you know if you can enderpearl through iron doors as well?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This is not an exploit or glitch. This is being approved by the staff as a legal way to get inside. For some reason Kainzo deemed it legal.
How is this not an exploit/glitch, a LWC door is supposed to be secure and this is the same thing as using region block lag to access places you normally wouldn't be able to.

c12095

Holy Shit!
How is this not an exploit/glitch, a LWC door is supposed to be secure and this is the same thing as using region block lag to access places you normally wouldn't be able to.

Thats kinda the point of this thread EtKenn...

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
This is not an exploit or glitch. This is being approved by the staff as a legal way to get inside. For some reason Kainzo deemed it legal.
We might as well make exploiting legal. First breaking blocks to get to lifts became legal and now this. :I

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Thats kinda the point of this thread EtKenn...
Hmm yeah, I misunderstood it then. It's a suggestion to make something that isn't considered an exploit to be illegal.

But yeah, should definitely not be legal to abuse LWC lag to get trough doors.

A

alexhoff1

Hmm yeah, I misunderstood it then. It's a suggestion to make something that isn't considered an exploit to be illegal.

But yeah, should definitely not be legal to abuse LWC lag to get trough doors.

it's a vanilla exploit, not LWC lag.
Warmachinexp sorry that this happened to you guys, I would personally find it extremely annoying and I only do it to people to spite them.

I saw just how many times he chaosorbed through that door, so priceless the excessive pearl failing.

also, this should be illegal, but it was deemed legal so make the most of it I guess.

EDIT:wizard, freelancing, hint hint.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, there's a lot less of a point in having an LWC door if someone can just follow you straight in.
The whole point I got one was so I could just run into my house and close it behind me without having to break a bunch of dirt to remain safe. So now I have to have dirt on it if I don't want Wizards/Pyros to follow me in?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Whelp, guess this was bound to happen sooner or later.

I believe Alex was the first person to tell me it was possible to do this. However, it seemed very exploity, so at the time, I didn't pay much mind to it. Eventually, I learned through the grape vine that it was legal, and was a bit confused. I couldn't understand why it was "illegal" to quantom leap a sheep through an lwc door, but it was legal to simply pass right through it?

Later, after arriving at a location that I could actually use this "trick" to my own advantage, I decided to confirm it with the staff whether or not it was actually legal.

I was told that yes, it was legal, and the staff had found 41 blocks that you could enderpearl through, and that it was deemed entirely legal to pearl / chaos orb through every single one of these blocks. LWC wood / iron doors, are two of these blocks.

I've talked with the staff about a lot of stuff in the past month or so, and any time we find out that something "sketchy" is now legal, they always bring up Alator's "skill usage" post, that is supposedly being used as a base for these rulings.

I've been "abusing" this trick pretty extensively for the past week. I was told it was legal, so I'm doing it whenever I find it beneficial to do so. However, I too, think this ruling is absolutely bullshit. Unfortunately, they can't stop people from doing it (because it's a minecraft mechanic, not a herocraft one) but they could make it illegal, and they probably should.

I saw just how many times he chaosorbed through that door, so priceless the excessive pearl failing.
What would the world ever do without ya' Alex.

Entei1234

Coal
I bought a door so I did not have to dirt it for two reason: One dirt is a ugly block that should not have to be part of a building and two like Rizyq stated "I could just run into my house and close it behind me without having to break a bunch of dirt to remain safe". The point of building a house on a protected plot is to be able to make it look nice and keep your items safe. A person should have to fight me to get at my chests, not waltz in when the town is offline and take the stuff freely. All in all it defeats the purpose of LWC. This can also be done through blocks such as glass panes. Either way it is an exploit of the game and should be deemed illegal.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yeah, there's a lot less of a point in having an LWC door if someone can just follow you straight in.
The whole point I got one was so I could just run into my house and close it behind me without having to break a bunch of dirt to remain safe. So now I have to have dirt on it if I don't want Wizards/Pyros to follow me in?
The funny thing is, at Umbra, we have made absolutely zero changes to our base, despite the fact that we learned about this "new rule". We've always had a dirted off airlock right next to our main lwc door, and all our chests are always covered, so even if someone were to get into our base, we wouldn't have any issues with that.

LWC doors are already a security issue, even without the ender pearl issue. When running inside it's very easy for another person to piggyback in behind you, kill you, and let in their whole party in. I'm not arguing for this to be an excuse to allow ender pearls, I'm just trying to show you that they are not the "impenetrable wall" that you seem to expect them to be.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
The funny thing is, at Umbra, we have made absolutely zero changes to our base, despite the fact that we learned about this "new rule". We've always had a dirted off airlock right next to our main lwc door, and all our chests are always covered, so even if someone were to get into our base, we wouldn't have any issues with that.

LWC doors are already a security issue, even without the ender pearl issue. When running inside it's very easy for another person to piggyback in behind you, kill you, and let in their whole party in. I'm not arguing for this to be an excuse to allow ender pearls, I'm just trying to show you that they are not the "impenetrable wall" that you seem to expect them to be.

Oh, no, I understand they're easy to get into regardless, but it's still safer than having a non-lwc door and just getting destroyed while trying to break dirt to get into my house.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
To increase LWC iron door security:

/lwc flag autoclose on
/lwc flag allowexplosions off -- ALSO be sure to turn the region/residence flags for tnt/creepers/explosions off.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
As a wizard that loves to steal people's loot, I have to say I want the practice of enderpearling/chaos orbing through blocks to be illegal. It ruins the integrity of a hardcore server if people can't build nice structures out of fear that 90% of it can be exploited into. We're getting to a point where the only thing we can build is an obsidian box to live in. People pay a good amount of coins to protect their chests and their entry ways and just because there is a flaw in vanilla doesn't mean we shouldn't deem the usage of said flaw to be illegal. I do not feel comfortable using this tactic to gain entry into regions which is clearly my conscience telling me it is bullshit and I think this sever needs to overhaul the rules and at least try to make this illegal even if it can't be done in coding. Allowing this type of entry makes me feel like the admins just don't care that much which I'm sure is not the message theyre trying to get across.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
So yeah, after getting every last piece of valuables stolen from my house, in which I thought was totally secure, I am in full support of this suggestion. (I clumsily forgot to replace dirt over my chest but this still shouldn't have happened since my house was locked up tight, but obviously not tight enough) It would be pretty easy to make this illegal, kind of like how blinking through 1x1 holes is possible but still illegal.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
So yeah, after getting every last piece of valuables stolen from my house, in which I thought was totally secure, I am in full support of this suggestion. (I clumsily forgot to replace dirt over my chest but this still shouldn't have happened since my house was locked up tight, but obviously not tight enough) It would be pretty easy to make this illegal, kind of like how blinking through 1x1 holes is possible but still illegal.
I dunno about blink, but if that is possible, I'm pretty sure it was fixed in the last change to blink.

However, 1x1 holes can be enderpearled through, and it has always been legal to do so. If you have half slabs or 1x1 holes in your buildings, you are going to get your shit stolen, regardless of this lwc door ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.