• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enderpearling Lwc doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Plus locked doors seem like a lazy way of protecting things when redstone corridors and raider traps do the job just as well if not better.

Have you realised a locked door don't matter if you don't got a town or a personal region, witch is not cheap.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
Well so we might as well quit placing lwc's and town regions.
no use to have this anymore.
might as well throw in the towel, no use to pay for town taxes or buy lwc's, they have the legal ability to get in and steal it anyways, before we had to deal with the exploiters, now its legalfor them to come inand take from you so eventually everyone will not work for it and those that do will have nothing and those that are wizards will have ported in everyone that would take all materials, so lets just give it all to them.

Teerian

Gold
I was actually calling you an idiot on your view of the server. Though to further rip you, Raider traps and the like are fine, but what if its late at night? Or no one is online or even in town at the time? Unless you spend the super hard work of automating it all there is still this: you need to hope they walk into the trap, hope it kills them and hope your town doesn't walk into it.

Although in regions I think you are stupid for not covering or locking shit, but players DO NOT need advantages when they are in someone's area.

Also to state, you should need to work as hard to get my valuables as I did to get them.

Which is why I responded the way I did. I never once said that I view this as a pvp-only server. I stated that pvp is a major part of it which you then confirmed. And yes, I was referring to automated traps. I've seen a few of these, and they work just fine despite the time of day or absence of defenders. Said trap does not necessarily have to kill the person. It could simply trap them, forcing them to recall, buy a port, or sit around waiting for a town member to come kill them. Actual members of the town should have permissions allowing them to break out of the trap on the off chance that they are the ones trapped, at which point they replace whatever they had to break to escape.

I also don't see passing a door as being given an advantage. It seems more along the lines of TAKING advantage of someone who, as you just mentioned, was too stupid to cover or lock their valuables, instead choosing the easy route of a single locked door with no traps, mechanisms, or other forms of security.

And finally, for your last comment... Considering many valuables are literally stolen from murdered players, breaking into a town of known raiders/pvpers seems like a fair exchange - or as you put it, 'working as hard' - for those items. If you expected one simple form of protection to suffice, it's your loss.

Heh, I had one trap set up back in DG that killed twice as many idiot town members as it did raiders. Good times.

Sounds like a poorly designed trap, horrible attempt at educating town members on its presence and usage, and/or some pretty dumb people. Can't really fault the system for any of those.

Have you realised a locked door don't matter if you don't got a town or a personal region, witch is not cheap.

I realize that just fine. What's your point behind mentioning it? This thread seems to be about passing a locked door within regioned areas.

Also, back to something Victim posted earlier, people are still free to build awesome looking structures and towns while still keeping their valuable properly secured through methods other than a single locked door. Bastion's no-griefing rule is evidence enough that the server also supports builders, not just fighters. It is in place to protect those creations. However, just because you're a builder (or group of builders) who bought a region or started a town doesn't mean you should have an instant and easy impenetrable safe zone. One would think that the process of developing clever forms of security would call out to even the average builder's sense of creativity.

Edit: Loving the constant face-palms from the same small group of people who have no grasp on reality. Keep 'em coming.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9

Also, back to something Victim posted earlier, people are still free to build awesome looking structures and towns while still keeping their valuable properly secured through methods other than a single locked door. Bastion's no-griefing rule is evidence enough that the server also supports builders, not just fighters. It is in place to protect those creations. .
if you can get into regions, is it legal to break into the Spawn plots? No place is safe.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well so we might as well quit placing lwc's and town regions.
no use to have this anymore.
might as well throw in the towel, no use to pay for town taxes or buy lwc's, they have the legal ability to get in and steal it anyways, before we had to deal with the exploiters, now its legalfor them to come inand take from you so eventually everyone will not work for it and those that do will have nothing and those that are wizards will have ported in everyone that would take all materials, so lets just give it all to them.
Enderpearls - were created by Minecraft - it is in vanilla mechanics that you can throw them through holes/1x1 etc.

Townships protections arent for keeping people out, per say, its more or less to protect your creations.

While I think this is a complicated issue, there is no real 'fix' - other than ensuring your area is secure by not just an LWC door but a block in front of the door.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Townships protections arent for keeping people out, per say, its more or less to protect your creations.

Aren't there anti-griefing rules for this?

I think the fix is going back to how it was, no getting through blocks that you can't walk through or throw a pearl through (ie holes in stairs, half slabs). At least that's better then it is now, and will be a bandage until we find a real fix.
I suppose just my opinion. I do think it's a huge issue, and staff is doing the best it can with it, though.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
Aren't there anti-griefing rules for this?

I think the fix is going back to how it was, no getting through blocks that you can't walk through or throw a pearl through (ie holes in stairs, half slabs). At least that's better then it is now, and will be a bandage until we find a real fix.
I suppose just my opinion. I do think it's a huge issue, and staff is doing the best it can with it, though.
^ great plan

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Enderpearls - were created by Minecraft - it is in vanilla mechanics that you can throw them through holes/1x1 etc.

While I think this is a complicated issue, there is no real 'fix' - other than ensuring your area is secure by not just an LWC door but a block in front of the door.
This is such a major glitch in Minecraft that Enderpearls should be removed from wizard untill there is some kind of fix for it. (And I am a wizard who loves enderpearling myself, but i'll gladly go without enderpearls if that stops people from exploiting the shit out of regions)

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
This is such a major glitch in Minecraft that Enderpearls should be removed from wizard untill there is some kind of fix for it. (And I am a wizard who loves enderpearling myself, but i'll gladly go without enderpearls if that stops people from exploiting the shit out of regions)
Wow, it actually failed to cross my mind to take enderpearls away all together, ahah. I suppose thats another fix.

Teerian

Gold

Judging by Kainzo's post, it wasn't so much ignored. The staff just isn't sure they want regions completely locked down. If that's not what you meant, Kain, please feel free to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.