• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dungeons are coming!

MrFly007

Portal
I'm sorry if I'm not getting this, but will they just be like in random places set/built by the architects, or in a centralized place for people to level.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm sorry if I'm not getting this, but will they just be like in random places set/built by the architects, or in a centralized place for people to level.
They will not all be in the same place but there will only be one dungeon to start with.
Did you guys hear about Diablo Drops no longer going to be updated, is this true?
If this is true we'll probably fork the project and continue development ourselves.

Honestly thanks for the effort everyone is putting into this. Despite my concerns I am very excited for this update.

I have read many of your posts and agree with many of your points. If I may play devil's advocate for a moment here, many people would say that the complaints you bring up are simply from an "evil aligned" guilds viewpoint.

See you often bring up the point that "well this guy could run in and last hit the monster stealing all the exp,"

Well see I for one, having played rogues for many years on many mmo platforms can tell you that I would not be gunning for the monster if pvp were entirely enabled... No sir I am the type of jerk (for lack of a better word) who would last hit you after you were weakened by the mob, then proceed to finish off the mob and collect loot from both of you.

Come now my friend. Do you really want to allow me, and other like minds individuals this kind of freedom?

P.s. I wouldn't do this to noobs of course. I am a scoundrel with honor of course.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I have read many of your posts and agree with many of your points. If I may play devil's advocate for a moment here, many people would say that the complaints you bring up are simply from an "evil aligned" guilds viewpoint.

See you often bring up the point that "well this guy could run in and last hit the monster stealing all the exp,"

Well see I for one, having played rogues for many years on many mmo platforms can tell you that I would not be gunning for the monster if pvp were entirely enabled... No sir I am the type of jerk (for lack of a better word) who would last hit you after you were weakened by the mob, then proceed to finish off the mob and collect loot from both of you.

Come now my friend. Do you really want to allow me, and other like minds individuals this kind of freedom?

P.s. I wouldn't do this to noobs of course. I am a scoundrel with honor of course.
U can't say it for u to the whole server, u won't kill noobs, as u said. But define what is a noob? And will u like this happens to u, there is a Chinese idiom called 已所不欲,勿施於人。go check out in google translate. Btw, this is not freedom, freedom must based on not destroying others right to have fun.

U can't say it for u to the whole server, u won't kill noobs, as u said. But define what is a noob? And will u like this happens to u, there is a Chinese idiom called 已所不欲,勿施於人。go check out in google translate. Btw, this is not freedom, freedom must based on not destroying others right to have fun.

Please don't mistaken what I said to be in an offensive manner. I am merely saying the point at which we have all been where we are struggling to understand the mechanics of the game. Let's be real if you are fully decked out in enchanted diamond everything, well you can afford to die and buy all new gear. If you are in the pvp portion of the dungeon you have opted to take that risk, and believe me I'm not the only guy who will do this to you.

And please don't get so morally just on me. I am a very good guy irl, but this is a role play server after all. I'm role playing a rogue because I want to role play that dasderdly cutthroat guy.

If I wanted to be a goody two shoes I'd role play a paladin and fight to protect other players.

This is a role playing server after all is it not?

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Please don't mistaken what I said to be in an offensive manner. I am merely saying the point at which we have all been where we are struggling to understand the mechanics of the game. Let's be real if you are fully decked out in enchanted diamond everything, well you can afford to die and buy all new gear. If you are in the pvp portion of the dungeon you have opted to take that risk, and believe me I'm not the only guy who will do this to you.

And please don't get so morally just on me. I am a very good guy irl, but this is a role play server after all. I'm role playing a rogue because I want to role play that dasderdly cutthroat guy.

If I wanted to be a goody two shoes I'd role play a paladin and fight to protect other players.

This is a role playing server after all is it not?
This is the biggest problem while u are in internet, no one knows if u are good or not, u need to stay constant vigiliance, or else u are gonna get wrecked. If u are playing online, u should reflect what u will do in case like this, if it were me, while facing a guy with ten hp left fighting a mob and some how I know he have a stack of gold ore, I wiuldnt tackle and kill him for that money, violence are bad, violence should only be use while physically offended. I don't expect anyone to agree cause they want to stay anonymously in internet, doing their sort of secret things.

Furthermore, maybe I wasn't clear. I'm arguing on behalf of people who want pve dungeons to avoid confrontations like the one I put forth. I for one do not cry out at the morale injustices when I am killed as I lvl up. I laugh it off and acknowledge that that is what I get for having my guard down. I also look forward to the karma system and it taking its toll on my character. I also look forward to having a large bounty one day put on my character's head.

This is a game and I am playing it for fun. As long as I follow the rules what I do morally or immorraly is fine. I was actually speaking out for the people who don't enjoy the pvp environment by presenting a very frustrating predicament.

This is the biggest problem while u are in internet, no one knows if u are good or not, u need to stay constant vigiliance, or else u are gonna get wrecked. If u are playing online, u should reflect what u will do in case like this, if it were me, while facing a guy with ten hp left fighting a mob and some how I know he have a stack of gold ore, I wiuldnt tackle and kill him for that money, violence are bad, violence should only be use while physically offended. I don't expect anyone to agree cause they want to stay anonymously in internet, doing their sort of secret things.

Dude.. you have obviously never played a real pen and paper RPG. RPG= role playing game. Your epic "good guys" are defined by their bad guy counterparts. Since this is a game I play it as such. Don't get me wrong I understand that you put in hard work creating amazing thing in mine craft and therefore I don't go around wrecking your things with tnt cannons like I've done on many pvp servers. But if you go into a dungeon you are taking a chance of being killed. Hell I'm taking a chance of being killed by you. Just think about it pvp is just one more raid boss. I just strategies better than an ai

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Well, I am just saying my point, sorry to be ride, didn't meant to shout at u. This is just how I play games, maybe I am from the abnegation sector.

I know. But an RPG is NOT RP. Role Playing Games =/= Role Playing. I believe Kainzo mentioned this at some point, though I'm not certain.

Then by all means I am within my rights to role play so long as I follow the rules of the server correct?

Again I don't see what all the fuss is about. I am saying there should be pvp and pve dungeons so that people who expect only AI opponents arent angered by pvp elements. Have I not made a clear and concise point?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Then by all means I am within my rights to role play so long as I follow the rules of the server correct?

Again I don't see what all the fuss is about. I am saying there should be pvp and pve dungeons so that people who expect only AI opponents arent angered by pvp elements. Have I not made a clear and concise point?
Hah. of course you are, I didn't even follow your discussions, I just saw that you posted 'this is an rp server, right?', and so I thought I had to correct you! I'm not trying to fuss about anything! :p