• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dread Knight Harmtouch Idea

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
potions are so easy to get, I don't know what you guys are complaining about. HP Potions lengthen pvp, so do fire resist by making fireball less effective. It's not like I run around with a fire aspect sword all day and protection armor.

Poison was OP, and I abused the crap out of that. Haha, while I miss them, they needed to be removed xD. If you think Instant HP II is OP, remember that they are the simplest thing to make and are sold all over Trade Disctrict (Including my shops).

teddytazer

Soulsand
Potions & Enchanments add extra boosts to combat, So by using these factors players have higher chances of succeeding against foes of a higher level/better class. I suggest not nerf/remove either in anyway, if any thing boost them. The Same thing with skills, More power. That way Bringing out legendary wont be such a big deal. Legendarys can have more power cause the regular classes still have few skills that nuke.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
potions are so easy to get, I don't know what you guys are complaining about. HP Potions lengthen pvp, so do fire resist by making fireball less effective. It's not like I run around with a fire aspect sword all day and protection armor.

Poison was OP, and I abused the crap out of that. Haha, while I miss them, they needed to be removed xD. If you think Instant HP II is OP, remember that they are the simplest thing to make and are sold all over Trade Disctrict (Including my shops).
way to advert :eek:

Aetosion

Obsidian
See, @HolyRane , Dreadknights are not intended to do as much damage as a Samurai, and should not be compared to them based on damage. Let's note that Dreadknights have a helluva lot more armour than a Samurai. You'll notice that I'm not asking for Samurai's to get a full set of diamond, because that would be stupid.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
See, @HolyRane , Dreadknights are not intended to do as much damage as a Samurai, and should not be compared to them based on damage. Let's note that Dreadknights have a helluva lot more armour than a Samurai. You'll notice that I'm not asking for Samurai's to get a full set of diamond, because that would be stupid.
Like I said, imo every class should be able to 1v1 each other and win.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
Going to copy and paste this from my original post for Dreadknight suggestions. The math has changed some, but not anything really game changing.
Ok well lets start off with how DreadKnights are currently looking.
Bash - 10 physical damage and interrupts spells being cast
Disarm - Disarm target for 3 seconds
HarmTouch - 35 dark damage Cost 10 HP 0 Mana 15 minute CD
BecomeDeath - 120 seconds of underwater breathing
ManaFreeze - Prevents your target from regenerating mana for 15 seconds.
Curse - 50% chance for the target to miss attacks
Decay - 21 damage over 21 seconds Cost 25 Mana 10 second CD
SoulLeech - Drain 13 health over 10 seconds, restores 10 of your own health Cost 15 Mana 12 second CD
Empathy - Deals damage equal to 100% of your missing health and slows for 3 seconds, cap of 25 Cost 35 Mana 20 second CD
Any spell with Orange text at the end, sadly is all a Dreadknight has to run to be effective in killing any opponent. Any spell not given Orange text is something that is either for Utility, like BecomeDeath, or pointless, like ManaFreeze. While i'm on the subject of ManaFreeze, with the increased mana pools of casters, this spell has now become pointless because by the time either the DreadKnight or the caster die, their not out of mana, this is mainly due to burst damage from both sides and replenish (Not saying replenish is bad). How I see Dreadknights, are a class that are less Tanky than a Paladin, which right now they are, and a class that has more damage than a Paladin, which they have far too much more damage. If it were down to a 1v1 fight, Dreadknight vs any class, the Dreadknight would almost always win if they have their HarmTouch avaliable, this is where the majority of bitching complaints from the community are coming from. I personally hate the whole idea of Harmtouch anymore, its far too powerful and it really does almost put us in an unstoppable state when it comes to any 1v1. I frown upon using Harmtouch in any fair 1v1 fight for this reason, its just too strong. Heres an example of how most Dreadknight fights go, which the addition of harmtouch.
Decay - 21 damage 21 seconds. The Dreadknight is down 25 mana, 75/100
SoulLeech - 13 damage over 10 seconds. The Dreadknight is down 15 mana, around 65/100.
^^ Easily spammed until the target is tagged with it, even when being silences/interrupted.
Auto attack of 6 damage each
Bash - 10 damage/Disarm - 3 second disarm
Bash - 10 damage/Disarm - 3 second disarm
Now at this point, the fight is most likely lasted around 20-25 seconds, so lets do some math :eek:
For the sake of ease, lets say this has went 25 seconds long. So we have a Decay, which has taken a toll of 21 damage from the target. Next up we have SoulLeech, which has also taken 13 health from the target, and returned 10 to you. So that alone is 34 fire and forget damage. Now I think its far to say the average health is somewhere from 90-100 on most players. So lets go with 100 for again the sake of ease. That is 34 health from their 100 hp leaving them with 66 health, just from two dots. Now we get to add in the Auto Attacks, which in all honestly you only NEED to do about 4 auto attacks at most. So 4 auto attacks at 6 damage each comes to 24 damage, so that leaves the target with 42 health. Rotate a bash in there for 10 damage and it comes to 32 health. Now at this point, they are within one hit kill range of Harmtouch... But of course we also have to add in the other persons damage inflicted on the Dreadknight. All I typed out above will honestly take a total of 10 seconds of work on the Dreadknights part, the rest is done by the dots. Now of course the Dreadknight is taking damage, which works so much more to his/her advantage than the person inflicting the damage. Empathy, with a cap of 25 damage, and dealing 100% of your missing health is usually used as a finished/slow to prevent running. So back to the fight, the Dreadknight at the point of 25 seconds is most likely around half HP, if the opposition isn't the average idiot pvper. So we have a burst 25 damage coming in along with the 3 second slow onto the target. How this is normaly used by Dreadknights that know their rotation is once they hit half HP they know their dots have taken their toll on the player so all they need to do is pop a Harmtouch for 35 damage and immedietly after a 25 damage Empathy for a total of 60 damage in a matter of seconds. So go back to where I said the dots ended their damage and the auto attacks have hit. That leaves the person with around 32-42 health, without Bash. Thats an overkill of around 18-28 damage, both of which are instant cast spells.
Now what can be done about this? Well we have a few options that won't destroy the Dreadknight class, while still keeping it balanced.
Decay - Lower its damage to around 10-15 with a 15 respective 10-15 second CD
SoulLeech - Make this a drawn out Dot, currently it does 13 damage over 10 seconds. Make it somewhere around 13-15 damage over 20 seconds. When I hear Leech I expect something that takes it time to kill you. Doing this will also delay the health gain to the Dreadknight, which is always a lifesaver.
Harmtouch - Honestly I would love to see this spell scrapped, its far to overpowered with no realy equal among the Warrior classes. If anything I would say nerf it to around 10 damage with a 2-5 min CD.
Empathy - Love the cap of 25 damage, its much better than before, the Slow gives it utility also, big plus. I would say leave it as is, not really a huge factor without the other spells weighing in.
Auto Attacks - I would say lower their damage to 5, 6 seems to be too much for their tankiness.
@everyone on the fucking balance team. <33
Best idea on Dk's yet.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Balance Team has no direct say in changes. That, and C12 is Balance Team. Tag Kainzo instead :p

Aetosion

Obsidian
Like I said, imo every class should be able to 1v1 each other and win.
RAUEGGEFAGEFGER

Holy, if I have less armour, and more damage --- and you have more armour, and less damage, that doesn't make it an unfair 1v1. That actually makes it perfect. C12 has killed pretty much every TC Samurai he's dueled with. They're some of the best. Therefore, simple.