• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dread Knight Harmtouch Idea

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Hello, I am HolyRane.

I play the Dread Knight class.

I believe that harmtouch is NOT viable to use, seeing as how much it hurts yourself after using it.

This brings me to my next point. Harmtouch should have a 2 minute cool down, or at least MUCH smaller than 15 minutes. It isn't even viable to use because its like a 1 in a 10 chance that it will actually work being that the cd is so long, you would encounter other enemies along the way. Diffuse and I tested this out, we are equally skilled pvp'ers and he beat me 3/3 times as a samurai vs me. (Without Harmtouch) With harmtouch I can generally beat him and barely win.

@_Maxo @Diffuse @Digger360 @ShizzDawgg @Aetosion @Aburrido_burrito @pugsy @c12095

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
When you use harmtouch you do 35 damage to your target and 20 to yourself. You don't realize how amazing this is. You have 122 hp compared to other classes this is A LOT! I fought digger today, I'm a bard (support classes shouldn't just be able to kill people in 1v1's at all so this isn't the best example) but when I fought him he killed me in less than 30 seconds because of his harmtouch. This "nuke" completely destroys when you have that much health and armor compared to other classes. Harmtouch is fine were it is (mind you I have mastered dreadknight myself).

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
If DK's need a buff somewhere, it's not under the category of harmtouch imo. If anything harmtouch should be given a warmup and other skills a slight buff in order to balance the class in certain situations. Imo a good DK > all in a 1v1 with Harmtouch, and without harmtouch it isn't nearly as good. So make the class less dependent on Harmtouch by buffing it's other skills and making harmtouch less of a instant nuke

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, I would say Harmtouch is far too effective. I'd opt for removing that skill completely, but it's not up to me.

Aetosion

Obsidian
If I fight a DK, it can nuke half my health in one hit. If you also dislike Harmtouch, might as well remove it.

A better, more balanced skill could take its place. Or simply changes in stats.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Hello, I am HolyRane.

I play the Dread Knight class.

I believe that harmtouch is NOT viable to use, seeing as how much it hurts yourself after using it.

This brings me to my next point. Harmtouch should have a 2 minute cool down, or at least MUCH smaller than 15 minutes. It isn't even viable to use because its like a 1 in a 10 chance that it will actually work being that the cd is so long, you would encounter other enemies along the way. Diffuse and I tested this out, we are equally skilled pvp'ers and he beat me 3/3 times as a samurai vs me. (Without Harmtouch) With harmtouch I can generally beat him and barely win.

@_Maxo @Diffuse @Digger360 @ShizzDawgg @Aetosion @Aburrido_burrito @pugsy @c12095

HolyRane < Diffuse | Maxo > Kainzo | Diffuse = God

teddytazer

Soulsand
Their bloody axes are a testament to their dark devotion. -quote from wiki

How would u feel as a guy carrying around your ritual axe u use to murder your foes when u found some happy go lucky bard does 20% more damage with a jukebox. Seems like the dreadknight would lose faith in his trusty axe.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3

How would u feel as a guy carrying around your ritual axe u use to murder your foes when u found some happy go lucky bard does 20% more damage with a jukebox. Seems like the dreadknight would lose faith in his trusty axe.
With the armor they have, I believe they do the same if not more damage than a fully armored bard.

Are you suggesting that bards are "OP" (at least compared to Dread Knights)?

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

Bard is OP in groups.