• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dread Knight Harmtouch Idea

teddytazer

Soulsand
hah bards suck anyways alone, so I wouldn't derail this thread @teddytazer :)

agree with u there, not trying to derail. I just think that dreadknights axe could use a buff mostly cause its the main source of damage until u get to lvl 40 something when u get decay. I don't know bout u but I didnt have a mob arena to just level to master in a few days. I literally ran around killing thousands of mobs solo till bout lvl 50.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
agree with u there, not trying to derail. I just think that dreadknights axe could use a buff mostly cause its the main source of damage until u get to lvl 40 something when u get decay. I don't know bout u but I didnt have a mob arena to just level to master in a few days. I literally ran around killing thousands of mobs solo till bout lvl 50.
You remember I was the first master Dreadknight? haha... I feel your pain man, those were the dark days of DG. While it took me somewhere around 2-3 weeks to master DK... It was torture, because nothing is useful but your axe, and that was nerfed soon later. I remember I power leveled one night for 8 hours straight from level 48-55... that was painful man, I'm never doing something like that again. I'm so glad I got in my leveling for Juggernaut before Mob Arenas were moved, I hated that nearly as much since I couldn't do MA alone like I could in the darkrooms before they were outlawed. But once you got drainsoul back then as a DK... nothing could stop you. You were basically a Juggernaut ;)

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Hello, I am HolyRane.

I play the Dread Knight class.

I believe that harmtouch is NOT viable to use, seeing as how much it hurts yourself after using it.

This brings me to my next point. Harmtouch should have a 2 minute cool down, or at least MUCH smaller than 15 minutes. It isn't even viable to use because its like a 1 in a 10 chance that it will actually work being that the cd is so long, you would encounter other enemies along the way. Diffuse and I tested this out, we are equally skilled pvp'ers and he beat me 3/3 times as a samurai vs me. (Without Harmtouch) With harmtouch I can generally beat him and barely win.

@_Maxo @Diffuse @Digger360 @ShizzDawgg @Aetosion @Aburrido_burrito @pugsy @c12095

So wait, you want a more spammable, instant bolt that decimates just about EVERYTHING because a lvl 55 samurai beat you in a 1v1? Do you even realize how powerful Dreadknights currently are? 9/10 times a Dreadknight will win if he has HT up.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it needs to be moved from a once every 10 fights super nuke to a once every 1 or 2 fights small nuke. Perhaps change it from 35 to 20 damage, cooldown from 15 to 1 or 2 minutes and damage taken to 10.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I think it needs to be moved from a once every 10 fights super nuke to a once every 1 or 2 fights small nuke. Perhaps change it from 35 to 20 damage, cooldown from 15 to 1 or 2 minutes and damage taken to 10.
Not to shit on your parade but
Kainzo said:
We won't be changing harmtouch much from it's current use - you may see some more "level up" damage and lowering its initial damage to compensate - other than that. Sorry - it's sort of how it will be.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Kainzo I know I'm a broken record on this, but harmtouch really does need a nerf. Using harmtouch and empathy immediately after you can effectively push out 60 damage (pretty much half of anyone's health) in a matter of seconds. Granted Empathy requires you to have lower health, but even if you were only hitting your target with your axe, it's still enouh to kill most players.

I suggest lowering Harmtouch to 12 damage on a 5 minute cooldown and cut the health cost down to around 5 or 7. This cuts it as evenly as you can into a 3rd of it's power for a 3rd of it's cooldown.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo I know I'm a broken record on this, but harmtouch really does need a nerf. Using harmtouch and empathy immediately after you can effectively push out 60 damage (pretty much half of anyone's health) in a matter of seconds. Granted Empathy requires you to have lower health, but even if you were only hitting your target with your axe, it's still enouh to kill most players.

I suggest lowering Harmtouch to 12 damage on a 5 minute cooldown and cut the health cost down to around 5 or 7. This cuts it as evenly as you can into a 3rd of it's power for a 3rd of it's cooldown.

I agree with this, and at first glance that looks like a good suggestion.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Without harmtouch I'd quit DK, it would suck dick.

Only time I used harmtouch in a fight was if the person brought out a hp pot and I didn't have one, or they were running to no pvp. Dreadknights are amazing 1v1 without this skill, all it does is lower the skill requirement for players to be good with them. (not ment as an insult)

ShizzDawgg

Godly
They are the 2nd tankiest class in the game and have 2 nukes.. it's either harmtouch or empathy that needs to go. They are supposed to be tanks, not tank/high dps, that's op.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I walked up to a DK yesterday, offered him a cup of tea, he got mad. I started whacking at him, popped a bladegrasp, yadayada. I was at 7 hearts, he then ran an empathy/HT combo and nuked me to 2/98 hp. ( I think it was @Digger360 )

This is why Dreadknight HT is overpowered. The only class that should be able to do something like that is a super squishy, glass cannon class like Wizard. Not the second tankiest class in the game.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I can see why they were given harmtouch; Dreadknights are supposed to be the opposite of a paladin, and so they were given the opposite of layhands, which is harmtouch. But since dreadknights are so bursty for their tankiness, maybe we can drop down the damage a little more, this way they can still be tanks while not being as rediculous as they are now. Empathy can lose its damage and be made into just a cc, increasing on slow value according to missing health. How about that?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Playing with HT (which isn't going to happen) isn't the place to start talking about improving DKs.

Does anybody have any better ideas? Their high defense and armor privileges don't allow for much increase in damage output without totally breaking the class, but there should be SOMETHING worth suggesting :p

Aetosion

Obsidian
I have, Holy. It's not so bad, but using Harmtouch makes it so ridiculously overpowered, there's no point to using it. You'll win regardless if you're not an idiot and time HT and Empathy correctly.

DK's a fun class to play, but you lose all sense of skill when you can nuke for 60 while so Tanky, and having so many other outlets of damage.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I have, Holy. It's not so bad, but using Harmtouch makes it so ridiculously overpowered, there's no point to using it. You'll win regardless if you're not an idiot and time HT and Empathy correctly.

DK's a fun class to play, but you lose all sense of skill when you can nuke for 60 while so Tanky, and having so many other outlets of damage.

My thoughts exactly.

Just because the shiniest tool in the toolbox isn't that useful, it doesn't mean your toolbox is empty.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Regardless, DK is by no means underpowered. Their insane armor and damage combo means one of two things needs to happen; decrease damage, or decrease armor. The armor can't be nerfed, since that would defeat the purpose of being the tank. Removing damage is the better path to take, imho.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Regardless, DK is by no means underpowered. Their insane armor and damage combo means one of two things needs to happen; decrease damage, or decrease armor. The armor can't be nerfed, since that would defeat the purpose of being the tank. Removing damage is the better path to take, imho.
Maybe a slight nerf to armor so they can still have the damage a Dreadknight needs to be different than a paladin.