• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dota 2

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well in Ginformer it said Bliz was the one sueing whoever made Dota 2 and 1 games.
Blizzard are attempting to sue Valve since in their ToS somewhere if I remember correctly it states that all custom maps made using their map editor is owned by Blizzard. (this may not be 100% accurate)

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Apples69

turns out if your good at League of Legends doesnt mean your good at Dota 2

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Apples69

turns out if your good at League of Legends doesnt mean your good at Dota 2
Ye there are alot more mechanics in DotA 2 which is why I compared it to HoN rather than LoL :p

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, Its going to take some time to get used to it and accually learn to play some heros and stuff. Its going to be a pain to learn what all the items do. but I pretty much know how the mechanics work already. and last hitting is a lot harder than i thought. First game I played was a bot game thinking they suck. With in the first 5 mins I died about 3 times and the other guy in my lane 5. They gank like bosses

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah, Its going to take some time to get used to it and accually learn to play some heros and stuff. Its going to be a pain to learn what all the items do. but I pretty much know how the mechanics work already. and last hitting is a lot harder than i thought. First game I played was a bot game thinking they suck. With in the first 5 mins I died about 3 times and the other guy in my lane 5. They gank like bosses
Ye It took me a little while to work out what is what but the items are mostly the same between the two different games just with different names and there are slight variations in the heroes/recipes with DotA 2 and HoN :p

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol tried HoN a while ago and sucked at it as well. I'm just going to pick a hero and stick with him till i get the hang of what items are what and see how other heros work

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
Lol tried HoN a while ago and sucked at it as well. I'm just going to pick a hero and stick with him till i get the hang of what items are what and see how other heros work
I'll definitely teach you how to play, dota2 is one of the games I'll actually talk about like I'm the shit at it. And dota 2 compared to LoL is like apples to oranges. They look the same, but it ends there. Think of it like this;
LoL - Harder to die, easier to last hit, very forgiving.
Dota 2 - Unforgiving. Very very unforgiving.

Edit-
I added you, my steam name should be LOG|Sleepypanda

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Do it again, i signed up for it like 2 times. I signed up again on monday and got it yesterday.

Avis_Xero

Wood
I'm a frequent DotA 2 player. I've clocked about 226 hours ingame, which is a bit scary TBH. I haven't played LoL, but I've heard it's a bit more...uhm..."casual" than DotA 2. Right now I'm hooked on HeroCraft though ^^