• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dota 2

jclark123

Wood
Preach it man. You have my respect :D.

Yeah. I feel like League does do a good service though. What I've seen is that people get into the MoBA genre via league. They love League, pay money for it (which helps support families), and invite their friends to play it. Although most of them won't transfer to HoN and DoTA; eventually, a few of them will do so.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
it's a bit harder to get used to than LoL but I'm liking it so far. Been rocking with Venomancer.

and it's making me remember why I stopped playing LoL originally, Riot got a bit too big too fast and I don't think their design direction is consistent enough :( - oh wells. More MOBAS!

DotA2 seems alright at the moment. Hopefully it will stay decent.

jclark123

Wood
it's a bit harder to get used to than LoL but I'm liking it so far. Been rocking with Venomancer.

and it's making me remember why I stopped playing LoL originally, Riot got a bit too big too fast and I don't think their design direction is consistent enough :( - oh wells. More MOBAS!

DotA2 seems alright at the moment. Hopefully it will stay decent.

You have HoN? You should add me on there, LetoIII.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That's not exactly true.

People were not clamoring for new heroes every other week. If you read any forum, asked any person in game, the majority of players were desperate for "new content" in the forms of game modes and maps; NOT new heroes..
I completely agree but the companies just aren't listening to the specific details :p

MOBAS are not notoriously difficult to balance. League is just difficult to balance because Riot has a terrible terrible business model for balance, they cater to their retarded MOBA noob community, and have a vested interest in pumping out overpowered toons in order to make money.
Ok you somewhat correct there but LoL is not the only one. HoN, Rise of Immortals and Realm of the titans are all having the same issue.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No I couldn't get into HoN, community seemed even more elitist than LoL's
Eh tbh they're about the same :p

anyway back on topic got my DotA 2 invite this morning.
[/dance]

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
First game I went 2/1/18 as rattletrap :p

(Pharaoh) in HoN terms ^.^

Though personally Pharaoh plays a lot better.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Sebereaure

Don't ask xD

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
LMFAO that was the funniest game ever.

36/0/4 as Riki (without ever KSing)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ye but Riki players are notorious for it :p

Hide there invis in the middle of a team fight do nothing and take out the stragglers.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tbh it plays alot like HoN but with slightly different heroes. It also feels alot less refined.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know if anyone has already posted this because I am to lazy to look through the thread so sorry if so. Arn't they getting sued by Bliz. because "Dota is what a WoW mod is commonly refered as" well at least this is what I saw in GameInformer, so why didn't they sue them on Dota1 than lol?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't know if anyone has already posted this because I am to lazy to look through the thread so sorry if so. Arn't they getting sued by Bliz. because "Dota is what a WoW mod is commonly refered as" well at least this is what I saw in GameInformer, so why didn't they sue them on Dota1 than lol?

DOTA was a custom map by a person, not by BLizzard.