• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Herocraft stands resolute against cyber-terrorism.
I have forwarded information to the Brazilian community and working with javapipe.com there should be discounts for those interested in having anti-ddos protection.

I love the idea of that marketing campaign.

"Server taken down by Brazilians? We hate 'em too! 50% off all DDoS protection for our server boxes!"

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Really? Because it was not Brazil who attacked us, it was Craftlandia - Brazilians were hit by it a lot, too. As we have all said, we are against Craftlandia, and trying to help Brazilian Minecraft players.
Play LoL for a bit. Brazil is all evil after a while

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Play LoL for a bit. Brazil is all evil after a while
I don't have your experience of LoL, but I'd guess it's more of an "evil people come from brazil" than "people from brazil are evil."

Regardless, TheMormon's statement still stands. This effort is unified, and we have a lot of brazilians on our side. Best not lose them because of gamer nationalism.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Really? Because it was not Brazil who attacked us, it was Craftlandia - Brazilians were hit by it a lot, too. As we have all said, we are against Craftlandia, and trying to help Brazilian Minecraft players.

Brazilian servers have been mostly taken down, making Craftlandia the Brazilian Minecraft monopoly. That being said, the majority of Brazilian Minecraft players are against us, save for a few former server owners.

Note that when I say "against us," I mean they actively play and, therefore, participate in the Craftlandian community, whether or not they know what the owner does to gain his popularity. Regardless of whether or not they know, if they play on those servers, they are supporting that community and, therefore, supporting the actions of that community.

The hate for Brazil stems from PC Conectado, which was a bold campaign maintained by the Brazilian government that moved to put a working computer in every household in Brazil. A computer is a powerful tool, and when the user subscribes to a hivemind mentality, it's difficult to use that tool for good. That being said, most every free-to-play game has been dominated by Brazilian players, most of which have no respect for other countries or even the rules of the game.

This is speaking from experience, not from conspiracy.

No, I am not so ignorant as to think that the entire country of Brazil is lined up, ready to DDoS Herocraft. I sympathize for server owners who have had their servers destroyed due to DDoS attacks, regardless of their country of origin. However, I am here to clarify that there is a reason why most computer gamers believe that nothing good comes from Brazil.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Update (08/19/12):
We're still under attack by CraftLandia - we have nullified all of their attacks so far. We appreciate everyone who has raised awareness and let the entire community know what kind of server these people run.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
*munches his cookie*

You know, those peckerheads are going to have to get tired of failing. Here I was thinking we were dealing with someone who was maybe a bit better than your average script kiddie, and it turns out we are dealing with someone who just read 'My First DDoS, a Guide for Toddlers.'

I've seen better attacks executed by 12 year old children. Literally. Furthermore, the weak 'proofs' argument, where they simply claim everything is faked is quite lovely. Stick your fingers in your ears and proclaim that nothing is wrong.

That worked quite well Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (The iraqi information minister, pictured below.)

07-minister.jpg

We are NOT DDoSing herocraft. They are DDoSing themselves! I will take you down to their server and show you! They are making lolcats at the gates of the server!

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Update (08/19/12):
We're still under attack by CraftLandia - we have nullified all of their attacks so far. We appreciate everyone who has raised awareness and let the entire community know what kind of server these people run.
I was approached by members over on MCF and they told me the sig is really working and many people have been asking for more info, I sent them a link to this topic to help raise more awareness.

I won't let these fools get away with it.

MixxiM

TNT
mc.herocraftonline.com is now back up - MAP WIPE COMING in 1-2 weeks.
Will you a large part of your community a favor and put the new map up on a friday night? Many of the kids here are in school now, and I for one hate getting behind on a new map. Generally speaking, more people are available Friday - Sunday anyways :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Will you a large part of your community a favor and put the new map up on a friday night? Many of the kids here are in school now, and I for one hate getting behind on a new map. Generally speaking, more people are available Friday - Sunday anyways :p
It' being released on the 31st - A Friday. If all goes to plan, anywho.

Status
Not open for further replies.