• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cant do anything without being tracked and killed by the same player

Godpuppet1

Wood
This is going to sound like a complete whine, and im sorry if my complaint is breaking to your game if your one of these people.

But myself, and several new players I know cant go anywhere or get anything done without getting tracked down and killed by this player.

You can be 2k away from a gate, and underground, but he finds you. Then he does it again an hour later.

Ive been killed three times by this player on the same day. A friend three times, another friend, twice. I dont even have anything useful on me, stone tools, food and torches. Yet he still persists.

Since anything in HC takes time, mining, gathering, becuase everything has mostly been taken, it takes more then an hour to get a substantial amount of anything. I cant get anything done, as soon as I start to get somewhere, this guy digs through 20 levels of dirt and finds me.

Is this the Track abilitie? if so its damn OP.

Is this griefing? Well by the rules no. Your allowed to get killed, which is fair enough, its a hardcore server and im not into carebearing everything.

But when the same player tracks you down, time and time again and every other new player you know. I consider this griefing. Becuase I cant actually play the game.

All I can do atm, is sit in my player town, venturing out for maybe half an hour at a time. Thats it.

I dont know, I guess this is abit of a whine. But this is pretty game breaking for me. I dont feel like ragequiting, rather just giving up becuase i cant do anything. All i can say if HC wants to increase its player base and let players actually get somewhere in this game, whatever feature this guy is using to track down and kill newbies repeatedly, needs to be moderated or limited some way.

Anyways, I expect to get flamed for this. Just hope a few agree and look at changing something. Becuase if this keeps happening ill end up getting fed up and quitting and i dont think im alone among my friends. :x

Godpuppet1

Wood
Joining a town is a great idea. There have been a few threads about this very issue recently, and I do know there is change in a future patch ((Unless it is already implemented)).

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pvp-immunity-until-lvl-10-patch-3-80.22395/

New players will have a protection of sorts up to level 10, so it might solve some of the issues you are facing.

Cheers Angy for replying, im level 10 combat, 20 crafter atm. But my crafter level has always been way higher becuase i like to build and ive been pkable since day one. I have a town with players that have been helpful and say they've spoken to the person, I guess ill find out tomorrow.

Idk, i still consider myself a newbie, I have a house, but i dont actually have anything. The only combat ability i have is fireball. I have abit of cash, but no way to make more besides killing monster spawns due too being hunted every time.

But while my town may solve it for myself, what about the other new players i know? they have towns that arent as powerful, that have been told yet are still hunted. And come to think of it, this only started happening once I joined a town, i'd get randomers before but not this is targeted killing.

Its fair enough if your walking along and he finds you. But when your 2k away 20 levels under ground in the middle of no where and he gets you. What can a new player do against that. Come to think of it he used smite on me so he must be a cleric? Isnt Track a Ranger skill? How does he do it?

He must have a ranger friend that tracks you instead. And no cheers for MAS :(

And say, I'm a recruiter for a town and I could help you get started if you're interested C:

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
Cheers Angy for replying, im level 10 combat, 20 crafter atm. But my crafter level has always been way higher becuase i like to build and ive been pkable since day one. I have a town with players that have been helpful and say they've spoken to the person, I guess ill find out tomorrow.

Idk, i still consider myself a newbie, I have a house, but i dont actually have anything. The only combat ability i have is fireball. I have abit of cash, but no way to make more besides killing monster spawns due too being hunted every time.

But while my town may solve it for myself, what about the other new players i know? they have towns that arent as powerful, that have been told yet are still hunted. And come to think of it, this only started happening once I joined a town, i'd get randomers before but not this is targeted killing.

Its fair enough if your walking along and he finds you. But when your 2k away 20 levels under ground in the middle of no where and he gets you. What can a new player do against that. Come to think of it he used smite on me so he must be a cleric? Isnt Track a Ranger skill? How does he do it?
Get a ranger to track you.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

People sell tracks on players all the time, so the class he plays is moot.

Curse both of you for replying before I hit enter! =P

Godpuppet1

Wood
makes sense I guess.. I can see the need for a tracking skill, but the way its being used is crippling.. I havent done nada to anyone.. yet im on his target list for some reason.. And alright this could get solved by my town.. But what about the next guy that does this?

I mean for example, this player tracked me said hello, then 30 mins later as I was exploring an abandoned player town, in the middle of the sea! he came out of no where and killed me, then asked in chat to pay 50c for a port. So he killed me, for a couple of stone tools, then PAYED alot of cash (well seems alot to me) to go elsewhere, then shortly after kill a friend of mine twice.

This guy is losing out cash and time just to hunt new players.

i guess you could moderate against targeted repeated killing, but thats part of the game, its going to happen. But being able to get someones exact coords, not even general area coords? Thats pretty OP and its going to get abused no matter what.. :/

It's general area cords, not exact. You need to sneak sometimes..and say, who is this player? I mean does he really need to kill newbies to feel good about themselves?

Godpuppet1

Wood
It's general area cords, not exact. You need to sneak sometimes..and say, who is this player? I mean does he really need to kill newbies to feel good about themselves?

lol aye ill try sneaking if i hear him in future. But I guess he'll just coord me again, I tried recalling last time but he got to me too fast. And aye I messaged him that the second time, and he just came back lol.

how general is it btw? withn 10x10? 50x50? 100x100?

Btw cheers for the town offer, prechiate it, ill give this town a go first, they've tried to help so far so :)

lol aye ill try sneaking if i hear him in future. But I guess he'll just coord me again, I tried recalling last time but he got to me too fast. And aye I messaged him that the second time, and he just came back lol.

how general is it btw? withn 10x10? 50x50? 100x100?
50block radius around you.

Do you remember this person's ign?