• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cant do anything without being tracked and killed by the same player

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Ive now come to the conclusion.. I CANT MINE..

Lol you know what I used to do? I used to find obsidian and mine it out, then put up walls when I was mining. Most people never bothered to bring diamond picks, so I was usually safe.

Notice I say "used to do", since I do not mine anymore =P

Godpuppet1

Wood
Lol you know what I used to do? I used to find obsidian and mine it out, then put up walls when I was mining. Most people never bothered to bring diamond picks, so I was usually safe.

Notice I say "used to do", since I do not mine anymore =P

gd idea but i cant use a diamond pick :S

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This is going to sound like a complete whine, and im sorry if my complaint is breaking to your game if your one of these people.

But myself, and several new players I know cant go anywhere or get anything done without getting tracked down and killed by this player.

You can be 2k away from a gate, and underground, but he finds you. Then he does it again an hour later.

Ive been killed three times by this player on the same day. A friend three times, another friend, twice. I dont even have anything useful on me, stone tools, food and torches. Yet he still persists.

Since anything in HC takes time, mining, gathering, becuase everything has mostly been taken, it takes more then an hour to get a substantial amount of anything. I cant get anything done, as soon as I start to get somewhere, this guy digs through 20 levels of dirt and finds me.

Is this the Track abilitie? if so its damn OP.

Is this griefing? Well by the rules no. Your allowed to get killed, which is fair enough, its a hardcore server and im not into carebearing everything.

But when the same player tracks you down, time and time again and every other new player you know. I consider this griefing. Becuase I cant actually play the game.

All I can do atm, is sit in my player town, venturing out for maybe half an hour at a time. Thats it.

I dont know, I guess this is abit of a whine. But this is pretty game breaking for me. I dont feel like ragequiting, rather just giving up becuase i cant do anything. All i can say if HC wants to increase its player base and let players actually get somewhere in this game, whatever feature this guy is using to track down and kill newbies repeatedly, needs to be moderated or limited some way.

Anyways, I expect to get flamed for this. Just hope a few agree and look at changing something. Becuase if this keeps happening ill end up getting fed up and quitting and i dont think im alone among my friends. :x
PM me some names, I'll take them out. I'm getting my PC back today and I'll be bloodthirsty, better I use it to help rather than to hurt ;)

Godpuppet1

Wood
ive decided im just going to use logout tactics, if they going to do something frown upon like hunt newbies so they can get their assassin title, ill just logout on them. There is literally nothing else I can do as obv HC staff think this is content working as intended :S

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
ive decided im just going to use logout tactics, if they going to do something frown upon like hunt newbies so they can get their assassin title, ill just logout on them. There is literally nothing else I can do as obv HC staff think this is content working as intended :S
You have someone offering assistance ^ Victim.
Newbies have been getting massive buffs lately - I'd take what you can get :p

Sorry someone is hunting you - it's best to try and team up or level up in the MA at spawn until you can push them back.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
What you could also do is mine with friends, not alone. If someone in your town is speced, I'm sure they can take the time to mine with you. That way, even if they track you, you will have protection. :)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Other servers have banned Rei's map because apparently you can track players with it. I have only heard this from admins/rule pages of other servers and I have no idea if it's possible in HC

Godpuppet1

Wood
Thanks for the offers of help all, prechiated.. managed to actually do a successful mining op..

I had to mine randomly, left right up down, constantly moving in different directions. to avoid being found.
I blocked up every passage behind me so I would hear them coming a mile off.
I used the shout command to see if anyone was hearing me (even tho they could turn it off)
I ran out to the farthest corner of the map under the water and stayed far from spawn areas.
i turned my sound right up and sneaked and listened constantly.

My plan was to disconnect as soon as i heard someone. Its not exactly intended mechanics but i dont think tracking newbies to get your assassin title is either. >.<

Its very long winded and takes a long time, but atleast I found a technique,

Thanks to the players that offered advice and to those that are giving the player abit of revenge, its apprechiated.

IDK im going to try and keep my eye open for new players that keep geting pked repeatedly, try and help them. I guess if they're not going to put some limit on this track mechanic its up to good players like ourselves to help out..

cheers!

Godpuppet1

Wood
Other servers have banned Rei's map because apparently you can track players with it. I have only heard this from admins/rule pages of other servers and I have no idea if it's possible in HC

I know that you can input the coords of the player and it provides on on screen 3d waypoint you can just run towards, which makes it quite easy working out elevation as opposed to the minimap on spout :S or is there something else

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I know that you can input the coords of the player and it provides on on screen 3d waypoint you can just run towards, which makes it quite easy working out elevation as opposed to the minimap on spout :S or is there something else

That is not the reason listed on other sites, and I won't discuss any exploit because it's illegal and I don't have any information. Just wanted to see if staff were aware of the possibility of minimap tracking, and the implications it has for camping.

Godpuppet1

Wood
New day, that tactic worked once, been out a few more times and been tracked and killed again. Tried to disconnect but somehow I spawned in the same place but all my stuff was gone. So yeah im done.

Thanks all for the offers of help, its really apprechiated and your doing such a gd thing for HC. I had someone today help me out whilst i was mining. Its handy but they cant do it 24/7. I tried a group of players but we all got pk'd. I really do enjoy this game, but this feature, the track or perhaps the assassin title they're trying to attain is making it unplayable for me. All I can do is gather is wood and stone and sit in my house. Not very fun.

Thanks Angy for the invite to the server, lol was an interesting dialogue about that other guy from nottingham, i know a guy who can take his thumb for a grand? lol :p

Im gonna move on. I hope something gets done to change one of the above. If it does I'd come back in a heartbeat. But idk it doesnt really seem to be on the list of pressing issues atm.

So yeah, thanks for the good times :)

New day, that tactic worked once, been out a few more times and been tracked and killed again. Tried to disconnect but somehow I spawned in the same place but all my stuff was gone. So yeah im done.

Thanks all for the offers of help, its really apprechiated and your doing such a gd thing for HC. I had someone today help me out whilst i was mining. Its handy but they cant do it 24/7. I tried a group of players but we all got pk'd. I really do enjoy this game, but this feature, the track or perhaps the assassin title they're trying to attain is making it unplayable for me. All I can do is gather is wood and stone and sit in my house. Not very fun.

Thanks Angy for the invite to the server, lol was an interesting dialogue about that other guy from nottingham, i know a guy who can take his thumb for a grand? lol :p

Im gonna move on. I hope something gets done to change one of the above. If it does I'd come back in a heartbeat. But idk it doesnt really seem to be on the list of pressing issues atm.

So yeah, thanks for the good times :)
goodbye. Too bad this happened. You were a good guy. Valor will miss you!

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
PM me if you give it another go. I think you should, I been on for 3 weeks now and expect for the aimless PVP this server is great fun. I have some cool stuff I believe will help you.

Btw, the main issue here is not the tracking , It's the borked titles you get from killing other players while not dying. Kills should not count for levels to far below your own.

Shadoram

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Maybe it shouldn't be possible for the track skill to work on the unspecced. It would cut down on the new player ganking. Just a thought.