• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cant do anything without being tracked and killed by the same player

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe it shouldn't be possible for the track skill to work on the unspecced. It would cut down on the new player ganking. Just a thought.
So if I go like Rogue and then decide to mine, noone can track me anymore?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
So if I go like Rogue and then decide to mine, noone can track me anymore?
If you go rogue, then you get sneak and if you then see/hear a player or a nametag you can just dig yourself down in a 1x2x1 and never be found, then about half of the tracks get parred, due to people forget sneaking :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If you go rogue, then you get sneak and if you then see/hear a player or a nametag you can just dig yourself down in a 1x2x1 and never be found, then about half of the tracks get parred, due to people forget sneaking :D
Tis' true :eek:

Joka10

Soulsand
I think a better solution would be to change the way PK titles work, because when it comes to attacking new players, that's generally all people are after. Right now, you get a kill, and it adds one on to your current killstreak, no matter who the individual is. There are two changes I can think of, one simple, and one a little more complicated.

1.) Simply make it so that killing people who have unspecced combat classes doesn't count towards a killstreak.

2.) More complex, but a little more fair... Instead of having just a "killstreak" thing where every kill counts as 1 point, basically, make it more like a meter, similar to the EXP bar, where depending on the player's level relative to your own, you get a different amount of "points". You need varying amounts of these points to get titles (similar to how killstreaks work now), and they reset when you are killed by a player. This would make it so hunting new players has a very low yield titlewise, solving that problem, but it would also make it so level 60's can't get easy titles just off of killing level 15's (specced... not technically new, usually, but still often butchered in a similar way) or other lower levels. It would add a lot more balance to the whole title situation, though it's a little more complicated than the above solution.

I don't really think that track is particularly overpowered, honestly. It's got a pretty long cooldown relative to some skills, so if you're tracking a moving target, you can't just spam it to get their coordinates every two seconds. Only Rangers have it for a guaranteed free price, and while they are powerful, getting attacked by a Ranger isn't quite the same as getting attacked by a DK most of the time. Other classes can still get tracks, but they have to pay for them usually (and if they're after a moving target... they have to buy a lot of tracks.), so that kind of limits it.

It's a useful skill, but I don't really think it's OP. I can understand how it might seem like that when people abuse it on new players like they so often do, but I don't really see why everyone needs to be limited with a nerf on track when only the jerks are the problem. Thus, I think probably the best way to deal with the situation is to take away the reason for them to abuse the skill, and that is to modify how titles work.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Guys, people are always complaining about the player base, we should seriously consider what these new players tell us!

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
^ Hes right, issues like this can ruin the game for someone. Although this is a hardcore server I cannot imagine anyone wanting to continue playing if they feel after a while that they have run out of options to stay alive while minning or even level up. Nowadays in mob arenas, whenever some good higher leveled person is in there, they usually try to kick out all the unspecced people so they can get to a higher round. We can't necessarily baby new players, there has to be some challenge. No pvp until level 10 is a great step in the right direction, and the towns offering help to new players are great as well, but I feel that there has to be something.... more, and I'm not sure what. The worst part is now we lost a player who could have been a huge asset to the community. Like @Godpuppet1 said, it's gamebreaking to a new player

Also, I fine way to many people have been camping new players in graveyards so they can get the assassin title, or even slayer. Personally I think that should be set to where you have to kill players 10-20 levels over/under you to get those titles

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, I fine way to many people have been camping new players in graveyards so they can get the assassin title, or even slayer. Personally I think that should be set to where you have to kill players 10-20 levels over/under you to get those titles
Well a simple way or sorting it out is by making it a spec'd only thing, you have to be a spec of any class and kill a spec of any class 50 times, 100 times in a row to get those titles.

To make it even harder make it 50 different people and 100 different people to stop people planning stuff out to get them, I see a lot of people who I know cant kill that many people without being killed onces ever 10 kills who have assassin, butcher, etc and its clear its complete bullshit how they got them (friends killing each other over and over, its ment to be a challange to get -.-)
Who do you have to sweet heart around here to get this fixed? :D
*caugh* @Kainzo *caugh*