• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back bed spawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yes it may get dealt with quickly but it creates a lot of unnecessary work that we have already removed.

It may create more work, but it'll make gameplay a lot better. I understand how extra work would become a problem, but at the moment I am only seeing you, Kainzo and a few other mods/admins online. To decrease the ''work load'', wouldn't it be better to get some more staff members to help out?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I wouldn't say that the old system was flawed. I hardly ever saw people camping.

As for your idea, hmm, it's very much the same as graveyards, just closer to your town/house. We've discussed this before. Beds would enable the raided to get back to their house, and to not have to approach the raiders on the way. Beds would also enable more complex/strategic raids, as they'll allow PvPers to set up small camps outside of a town to work from.;

Isn't that what Sanctum was like? Zeal was like that, and I found it very hardcore. I lost a lot of stuff to that, but I learned to take a bed with me! :p
The staff is not going to bring back bed spawning. The current system is one that they like. As Kainzo has said in this very thread "graveyards are the future of herocraft" . Beds are gone the staff does not want them back. If there are augmentations to the current system that could accomplish the things you want, while alleviating the issues they have highlighted I'm sure Kainzo will be glad to entertain them. Otherwise you are beating a dead horse. The staff knows the benefits of bed spawning and has decided that the negatives outweigh them. Try to see it from their perspective.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

I have looked at it from their perspective, and in all honesty I don't see it as an issue. Yes, more work has to be done, I get this, but it'll make the game so much more enjoyable. Look at what other people have been saying, they agree. Should the admins just ignore what the playerbase wants, when it is crucial in making their HC experience better?

Removing bed spawning was a bad idea to begin with, I believe. It hasn't made the game any more fun, and has made PvP dry and boring.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It may create more work, but it'll make gameplay a lot better. I understand how extra work would become a problem, but at the moment I am only seeing you, Kainzo and a few other mods/admins online. To decrease the ''work load'', wouldn't it be better to get some more staff members to help out?
It really wouldn't add to the gameplay bed camping will still happen frequently even though we enforce it. We saw this with Zeal. Also look at it from a balance perspective. The current system is balanced and is not in favour of either attackers or defenders as they both spawn in the same location. With bed spawning the defenders have a significant advantage due to the fact they can respawn in a locked room where they can re-arm and rush the attackers again while when an attacker dies they're thrown to the other side of the map.

All in all we will not be re-adding bed spawning.

EDIT: Dislike it all you like this is fact.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It really wouldn't add to the gameplay bed camping will still happen frequently even though we enforce it. We saw this with Zeal. We will not be re-adding bed spawning.

So you're going to let PvP carry on the way it is? With people hiding in their towns, raiders ranting outside, so on and so forth?

And no, I believe it would add to the gameplay. It'll allow people to not be afraid of dying, like they currently are.

How much of this to we currently see?

Not much. I have not seen a raid like that in ages. I had a great time both raiding and being raided, in Zeal (which is when both of these events occur).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Thread has 20 agrees(+2 likes) and 3 disagrees. I've never seen 20 agrees in a suggestion thread before..
Ok my numbers are out by a tiny amount but my point still stands that the forum is a minority in the community.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok my numbers are out by a tiny amount but my point still stands that the forum is a minority in the community.
Yes, it is a minority. If everyone used the forum regularly, then the number of agrees would increase aswell.
You don't see my point, and neither do I see yours - 20 agrees is a huge fucking massive amount of agrees on a HCO forum suggestion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Exactly what Kevin said. I really think the staff should listen to the players more, and impliment the ideas that they have, especially with this level of support.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Majoras all I am trying to say is that the staff has spoken. No matter how much you or anyone wants bed spawning the staff does not and that's that. Make a different suggestion as to what will help and make sure it speaks to what they want too. Your suggestion is personal to you. Make one that's personal to them and you will get further.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Majoras all I am trying to say is that the staff has spoken. No matter how much you or anyone wants bed spawning the staff does not and that's that. Make a different suggestion as to what will help and make sure it speaks to what they want too. Your suggestion is personal to you. Make one that's personal to them and you will get further.

My suggestion is not person to myself, it is personal to the playerbase. The staff have done a good job of making an amazing server, but the quality of the gameplay has declined. If anything, it should be in their interest to make this server better, and to follow what the playerbase suggests. Why should we create some backwards compromise to satify their goals/beliefs? We've already said why the graveyards were a bad idea, so why should they remain?

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Roadkill909 im not sure of a plugin that could add "lives" to beds and remain lightweight. if we could edit the NMS it'd be no problem.

MajorasMask Came up with a system you may like which is a mix of graveyards, my system, and donald's, you just have to incorporate into the graveyards plugin. It has low memory overhead and performance cost is a little more than the status quo, all added operations are O(k).

Deaths, not lives are tracked. If you die over 500m from your bed, you respawn at the nearest graveyard (Internally your death data is also wiped). On the first and second deaths within 500m from your bed, you respawn at your bed. After the third death and for the next 15 minutes you respawn at the graveyard. Logging off wipes your death data, so if you know your bed is safe and you're on death 3+, you can relog before respawning and respawn in your bed.

Seems reasonable, Kainzo can send code if you like.

Kainzo has spoken both ways, and people can change their mind whenever they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.