• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back bed spawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I've long felt that the whole ''graveyard'' system introduced in Dragongarde was a bad idea. Since then, PvP and town raids have been less fun, because you just get taken somewhere far away upon death.

In Zeal, and at the start of Dragongarde, getting raided was more enjoyable because you were able to jump right back into the action if you were to die.

Currently, i'm not in any mood to fight off PvPers because, if I were to get killed, i'll just get taken to somewhere far away from any hope of me actually winning. When I get back, chances are i'll be killed again, so any idea of me getting back my items is ridiculous. If bed spawning was reintroduced, then i'll be able to get some gear, get out, and fight again.

Thanks to graveyards, people hiding in towns has occured a lot more often, and raiding is no longer actual PvP, but an event whereas you'll just go around insulting people in a desperate attempt to taunt them outside. It's kinda getting boring.

As for bed camping, that is illegal. If it is ever seen, then it should be reported, enough said, right? I don't see why graveyards had to be introduced to tackle this, when, really, the problem could have been sorted with a /petition.

That's my rant over. Any thoughts?

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
I really agree with you. I find situations where I get killed defending Mineris, walk 700 blocks back, get killed by the same people before I can get inside to re-gear, walk 700 blocks. Get killed again, and as for the taunting raids, I completely agree. Just last night there was a combined raid on the Umbra Box and it turned into a 20 min Shout battle and a 2 minute skill battle. Don't get me wrong, I still love to go out and fight, but I think that bringing back bed spawning would be great! Even maybe make it a passive skill that can only be used a level 10 to make it something that more has to be earned maybe?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I really agree with you. I find situations where I get killed defending Mineris, walk 700 blocks back, get killed by the same people before I can get inside to re-gear, walk 700 blocks. Get killed again, and as for the taunting raids, I completely agree. Just last night there was a combined raid on the Umbra Box and it turned into a 20 min Shout battle and a 2 minute skill battle. Don't get me wrong, I still love to go out and fight, but I think that bringing back bed spawning would be great! Even maybe make it a passive skill that can only be used a level 10 to make it something that more has to be earned maybe?

I fully understand. As for a skill, why not? But it should be really easy to get.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Couldn't agree more. Most raids end up in 15 min shout trollfights, where you don't even bother to go outside unless its a 1v1, because if you die - it'll take up to 30 min to get back at what you were actually doing.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Let's just give up on everything then, shall we? Get out of this thread if you arn't going to help/offer something constructive.

There have been threads about this before that were completely shut down by Kainzo saying basically the exact same thing as what I said. They put the graveyards in because of the rampant spawn camping of beds and the tiring work of going through these cases as a staff member. Right now there is quite the lack of staff (it seems) to do these menial petitions and most likely bed spawning will never be introduced again unless they can find/code some other plugin that allows it. I'm sorry if you believe anything negative in your thread isn't helpful or offers nothing to the discussion, but that is your opinion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There have been threads about this before that were completely shut down by Kainzo saying basically the exact same thing as what I said. They put the graveyards in because of the rampant spawn camping of beds and the tiring work of going through these cases as a staff member. Right now there is quite the lack of staff (it seems) to do these menial petitions and most likely bed spawning will never be introduced again unless they can find/code some other plugin that allows it. I'm sorry if you believe anything negative in your thread isn't helpful or offers nothing to the discussion, but that is your opinion.

There is usually around 1 staff member online at any time. Whether that is Danda, Angyles, Kainzo, Bearcat, ect ect. If bed camping were to be seen, then it would be reported. It's really easy to prove you've been bedcamped, just get a camera and record it. I never saw it as an issue in Dragongarde or Zeal.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not interested in doing this.

Graveyards are the future for Herocraft. They are neutral areas that provide immunity from PVP and Mobs. Bed spawns are highly abused and provide no protection and in many occasions cause more stress than necessary (bed camping, etc)

You won't defeat someone fully geared camping your spawn point, that's insane and any server who uses vanilla bed spawns and has Heroes is really doing it wrong.

If you haven't noticed, we want players to be self-sufficient, we don't want people to petition when they can easily resolve the issue, we are implementing mechanics to ensure that players can resolve issues on their own.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

Graveyards are the future for Herocraft. They are neutral areas that provide immunity from PVP and Mobs. Bed spawns are highly abused and provide no protection and in many occasions cause more stress than necessary (bed camping, etc)

You won't defeat someone fully geared camping your spawn point, that's insane and any server who uses vanilla bed spawns and has Heroes is really doing it wrong.

If you haven't noticed, we want players to be self-sufficient, we don't want people to petition when they can easily resolve the issue, we are implementing mechanics to ensure that players can resolve issues on their own.
Since when do they provide immunity from mobs? I have been killed countless times in a GY from hostile mobs.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

How much camping goes on anymore? I have not seen much camping, ever since PvP titles and experience were removed. I remember people used to bed camp to gain experience in Zeal, but that would now be long gone.

Graveyards have already made PvP boring, and they'll continue to do so. Camping won't be an issue; there is no incentive to do it now. Any camping that does go on can be reported just like griefing, exploiting, harassment, ect. Much like harassment/exploiting, evidence would be required.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Your argument is flawed. The reason why bed spawning was removed was due to camping. There was no pvp titles, even without Heroes it still happened. You are arguing a point that people won't be harassing bastards "just because" they gain nothing from it.
Since when do they provide immunity from mobs? I have been killed countless times in a GY from hostile mobs.
Mobs do not naturally spawn in GYs - they can wander in, though.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Your argument is flawed. The reason why bed spawning was removed was due to camping. There was no pvp titles, even without Heroes it still happened. You are arguing a point that people won't be harassing bastards "just because" they gain nothing from it.

So is bed camping that much of an issue to just remove beds altogether? I've seen bed camping dealt with before.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
So is bed camping that much of an issue to just remove beds altogether? I've seen bed camping dealt with before.
Kainzo is trying to say that to deal with a the so-and-so-is-bed-camping-me pe's will be so hard because there will be so many of them and the only we to prove it is a screen shot. In other words, it would take a long time and it would be inefficient.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Kainzo is trying to say that to deal with a the so-and-so-is-bed-camping-me pe's will be so hard because there will be so many of them and the only we to prove it is a screen shot. In other words, it would take a long time and it would be inefficient.

That's why you have active moderators and admins. Currently, many of them listed on the wiki have long been inactive, so no wonder checking petitions would be a struggle; a lot of work would be given to a small number of people. Am I the only one here with the balls to say that, if an admin/moderator can't be bothered to check out a petition (whatever it may contain), then they shouldn't be a staff member? Sorry to say it, but that's the impression i'm getting at the moment. :(

We currently have tons of guides on the server that don't do much. Let's face it, since their petition viewing ability was taken away, they have not had much use other than in /ch tour (/ch h is usually used by everyone). Why not give guides the ability to investigate petitions regarding bed camping?

Lastly, let's presume that graveyards remain. I don't see this as making a better ''future'' for HC. As we've all seen, the quality of PvP has declined a lot over the past map, and it hasn't exactly become any better this map. New skills are being introduced, which have made classes/specs more fun to play, but have not improved PvP/raiding.

maxmaxm

Wood
There are some other problems with bed spawning too. As you explained, getting back from the graveyard to your town can be annoying in the incident of a raid. This helps the raiders reorient themselves rather than facing an endless onslaught that they will fall to eventually.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There are some other problems with bed spawning too. As you explained, getting back from the graveyard to your town can be annoying in the incident of a raid. This helps the raiders reorient themselves rather than facing an endless onslaught that they will fall to eventually.

Again, we're just aiding the raiders here? People were fine with dying in Zeal, and at the begining of Dragon. Acutally, I remember raiders used to bring supplies when they raided, to make a small camp in a cave near where they were heading. That way, they'd be able to respawn much closer to the town to counter any counter-attacks. I did this with friends in Zeal, and it was a lot of fun. Now, however, you don't get this. :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No plans of removing them at this time. Use redstone to get back to your "home". It's a flawed feature much like hunger in Minecraft and does not fit in Herocraft.

As maxmaxm stated - you're listing only the "good side" to bed spawns, they were removed for good reason. This is a large server and we do not have the man-power to investigate every bed-spawn-camping report when it is so easily fixed (and has been)

Status
Not open for further replies.