• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back bed spawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Who would be stupid enough to place a bed in a location whereas they could be camped? Should we punish everyone who uses the feature simply because a select few do something moronic? Bed camping should be illegal. Why would someone do something illegal? And if so, then they should be banned, right?

Bed respawning worked really well in Zeal. Don't people always talk about how Zeal was one of the best maps for PvP? I had so much fun both raiding and being raided in Zeal, it was great! :D

Kainzo, you yourself asked us what could be done to battle map decay: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/battling-map-decay.24003/. Now I love this server, but there are certain things that could be so much better! :D Raiding is one of them, and at the moment, it is very dry and dull. I understand the down sides to bed spawning, and yes, dealing with camping petitions will become repetitive. However, making the server better comes with a price, and I don't feel that it could be done with no extra effort put in by the admins. :(

I genuinely feel that you should look into this. If you have an issue with how everyone can get back to their home with no cost, why not make it so that it is a passive skill, earned by all professions at a set level (much like what dragonzero39 said)?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Maybe add lives to beds so when you die so many times you spawn at a GY.The ammount of lives could reset every hour.

That sounds cool; you'd give players a couple of chances to fight back during raids, but after that, they go to the graveyard. I could see that being a reasonable compromise. It will maintain the hardcore nature of graveyards too, I guess! :p

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I love donald's idea, this would prevent bed camping, while you normally get to spawn in your bed.
Another solution could be to choose if you want to spawn in your bed or on the closest graveyard.

The most annoying this about graveyards if you ask me, is that it's really hard to attack someone in the wilderness that you most likely would beat.
If he sees you, and use his brain he start running to the closest no PVP area. And since there are graveyards all over the map, it is never far for him to run to a graveyard, and recall.
This is taking an important aspect of PVP away as I see it.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Haven't read through the whole thread yet but here's my 2 cents...

Honestly, most people's beds cannot even be reached by raiders... everyone in a town has their houses/rooms/whatever blocked up pretty much at all times, which more or less prevents the so called "bed camping" problem... right?

EDIT: I truly cannot remember the last raid (whether it be being raided, or being the raider) where houses/rooms were accessible. People LWC doors a lot now, or keep blocks (such as dirt or sand) as doors.

sw1n3

Coal
I personally love graveyards, they make it feel more like a real mmo.
Also it would defeat the purpose in revive in most cases.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I personally love graveyards, they make it feel more like a real mmo.
Also it would defeat the purpose in revive in most cases.

Revive?

As for the MMO feel, we currently have a lot of stuff related to that. The whole heroes plug-in, quests, and more to come i'm sure. Graveyards may sound like a cool idea, but in the long run they don't really help, and they've made PvP boring... :(

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Beds would make raids more interesting as people defending would think:
''Even if I die defending, I can quickly gear up again and fight to get my stuff back and chase the raiders away', while with Graveyards they think:

''Raiders? Meh, i'll be in the UC minding my own business, I don't want to lose my stuff and then have to walk 500+ blocks back again just to get killed over again''.

Recall works once every 10 min, so people can't come back instantly and fight again after they died once with the current graveyards.

Beds can be used tactically in battles aswell, as they make an instant spawnpoint close to the battlefield. It will drag out battles for longer time and make it a lot more interesting.

Y

ytiggidmas

I really agree with you. I find situations where I get killed defending Mineris, walk 700 blocks back, get killed by the same people before I can get inside to re-gear, walk 700 blocks. Get killed again, and as for the taunting raids, I completely agree. Just last night there was a combined raid on the Umbra Box and it turned into a 20 min Shout battle and a 2 minute skill battle. Don't get me wrong, I still love to go out and fight, but I think that bringing back bed spawning would be great! Even maybe make it a passive skill that can only be used a level 10 to make it something that more has to be earned maybe?
dragonzero39 I've gotta say mentioning the loss against Umbra is pointless, that literally had no relevance whatsoever.
Also, your guys' shouts were pretty offensive, if you read Herocraft's Rules you would have saw the rules prohibiting "Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player" even while raiding please follow the rules and allow us to enjoy the server as equals.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Not interested in doing this.

Graveyards are the future for Herocraft. They are neutral areas that provide immunity from PVP and Mobs. Bed spawns are highly abused and provide no protection and in many occasions cause more stress than necessary (bed camping, etc)

What about a hybrid system? Die once, and you respawn at the bed. Die a second time within ten minutes and ten meters near your bed, you respawn at the graveyard for the next 30 minutes. The numbers are raw but I think you'll get the idea.

Edit: Missed donaldmax1's post. His solution is simpler

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
No plans of removing them at this time. Use redstone to get back to your "home". It's a flawed feature much like hunger in Minecraft and does not fit in Herocraft.

As maxmaxm stated - you're listing only the "good side" to bed spawns, they were removed for good reason. This is a large server and we do not have the man-power to investigate every bed-spawn-camping report when it is so easily fixed (and has been)

As much as I miss bed spawning too, Kain is right. The only true justification for bed spawning back in Zeal was that you could place a bed in the no-pvp area inside your townhall. That's why my bed was.

Unfortunately, Townhalls aren't no-pvp anymore.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
What is the point of a battle when you just re-spawn instantly to rejoin, get all your items back? There seems like an end to a battle when the losing side is stuck in the grave yard, waiting for their recall to cool back down.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
What is the point of a battle when you just re-spawn instantly to rejoin, get all your items back? There seems like an end to a battle when the losing side is stuck in the grave yard, waiting for their recall to cool back down.

Well the idea is that your home/bed location would be secure, and the enemy would be either at the town gates or roaming the streets. So it feels more like a big raid on an opposing civilization.

At some point they will surrender/log out.

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo personnaly i dont mind walking back all the time as far as redstone it takes imma guess 2-3 minutes for your mana to get full to recall after dieing. (i may be off on the exact number. sorry never counted) but if maybe making it to when you die you respawn with 50 mana automatically taking less time to get the mana needed to recall will help keep the pvp high? idk just an idea. thoughts?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Kainzo personnaly i dont mind walking back all the time as far as redstone it takes imma guess 2-3 minutes for your mana to get full to recall after dieing. (i may be off on the exact number. sorry never counted) but if maybe making it to when you die you respawn with 50 mana automatically taking less time to get the mana needed to recall will help keep the pvp high? idk just an idea. thoughts?

That won't solve the problem of not being able to recall (from your cooldown).

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
sorry tired :p maybe not but using it in conjunction with the idea of bed spawnning a limited number of times is good. you get 3 chances to end there life. and on the last you have one last shot then you have to walk. simple means people think strategically before charging the enemy. requires more teamwork on towns members parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.