• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back bed spawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
People would spawn kill the crap out of other during raids. Thats my only concern.

Only if someone is stupid enough to set their respawn in a location that raiders can get to.. :( Bed camping is illegal anyway, right? So why would raiders do something that would get them banned?

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
People would spawn kill the crap out of other during raids. Thats my only concern.
Haven't read through the whole thread yet but here's my 2 cents...

Honestly, most people's beds cannot even be reached by raiders... everyone in a town has their houses/rooms/whatever blocked up pretty much at all times, which more or less prevents the so called "bed camping" problem... right?

EDIT: I truly cannot remember the last raid (whether it be being raided, or being the raider) where houses/rooms were accessible. People LWC doors a lot now, or keep blocks (such as dirt or sand) as doors.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Bed spawning was always reassuring because you could immediately gear up without the threat of raiders in your immediate area. PvP has regressed to people taunting each other and pissing and moaning; it's almost as pathetic as it was in late Dragonguarde.

Idiots will have their beds in an area that's camp-able, most will not. Not to remove graveyards, but it might be nice to reincorporate them as well in a manner such as suggested by Donald.

Kain, I know how adamantly you stand against bed spawning because it's a "primitive" feature of minecraft - maybe so, don't get me wrong - but it adds an element of gameplay not present within the system as it stands.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
MajorasMask Came up with a system you may like which is a mix of graveyards, my system, and donald's, you just have to incorporate into the graveyards plugin. It has low memory overhead and performance cost is a little more than the status quo, all added operations are O(k).

Deaths, not lives are tracked. If you die over 500m from your bed, you respawn at the nearest graveyard (Internally your death data is also wiped). On the first and second deaths within 500m from your bed, you respawn at your bed. After the third death and for the next 15 minutes you respawn at the graveyard. Logging off wipes your death data, so if you know your bed is safe and you're on death 3+, you can relog before respawning and respawn in your bed.

Seems reasonable, Kainzo can send code if you like.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
maybe increase amount of graveyards to where you don't have to run 500+ blocks, maybe have them every 500 blocks instead of 750, just a thought.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Location, location, location. Build your town near a graveyard so it won't be such a hassle to get back to your town when you die. The downside to that is that you'll constantly get unwanted visitors (albeit ones who have recently died), but everything should balance out.

Also, it seems as though everyone is missing the point of redstone. Geez... I don't know... maybe set your mark in your bedroom! If it makes you feel any better, set your mark right ontop of your bed!

What's that? You think you've earned the right to recall an infinite amount of times in your bedroom in a 15 minute span? You better check yourself before you wreck yourself. You have 1 shot of redemption; get redstone, recall, gear up, and good luck. This server has many hardcore aspects, so I have no idea why so many people are cheering for beds.

To the donors of the server... I have a personal region 50 blocks from a graveyard nearest to the town I am apart of. In this home I stocked it with gear that I'll need for PVP purposes. This gives me the luxury of coming back to my town with a fighting chance instead of having to wait 15 minutes to recall. Maybe this is incentive for people to start donating to a fine server, or at the very least asking a town member who is also a donor to build something similar for their town.

Seacrest out.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
STDs4YouAnd4Me

Did you even read the first post? Saying ''go walk back to your town'' is like saying ''go walk back and prepare to be killed before you can get to your house''. As for redstone, one chance, really? Do you think that people will just magically even have that one chance, especially if the raiders will keep coming back?

Bed spawning was so much fun because it enabled LONG LASTING PvP/raids, not just a sudden jump attack and a failed attept, afterwards, to launch a counter attack. You were able to go attack again and again. Both the raided and raiders were able to do this.

I don't see why you bring up donations here, really. Bed spawning would actually encourage donations. In Zeal, many high tiered donors had large personal regions far away from spawn. In this map, they could do the same, but they would be restricted to build close to a graveyard (which, all, really, have been griefed and uglified by wandering players, so who would want to build something near a grief hotspot?). With beds, donors would be free to choose where they build and live.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
maybe increase amount of graveyards to where you don't have to run 500+ blocks, maybe have them every 500 blocks instead of 750, just a thought.

You'll still have to run back, though. Chances are, you'll be killed in the process.

Well this is "hardcore" so its nice like this

So what is so hardcore about getting rid of a perfectly good PvP system that there was in Zeal?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
STDs4YouAnd4Me you really can't say anything because you were not here when bed spawning was enabled.

No, but I've been on another server where bed spawning was enabled, and the community there was only 1/4 as dickish as herocraft (no offense everyone!) so I can only imagine the headaches it caused for the staff.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
No, but I've been on another server where bed spawning was enabled, and the community there was only 1/4 as dickish as herocraft (no offense everyone!) so I can only imagine the headaches it caused for the staff.

There is usually at least 1 staff member online at all times. Also, is it common for guides and proctors to be online, so any bedcamping that happens usually gets reported/dealt with quickly.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe we have discussed this before. I will make the same suggestion I did then.
Create a town spawn point that is no pvp. This can be placed at the discretion of the Mayor, or have a central surface location that you build around.
Any member of a town killed inside any town spawns at their own town spawn.
Anyone not a town member or anyone killed outside of a town spawns at the nearest graveyard.

Why?
Many players like to explore the map or travel around for work ie: masons/engineers. If your town is at -2200,-2200 and you are killed on your way to +2200,+2200 for a job, walking that far again is going to be very, well not fun. With this system they would spawn at the nearest graveyard unless in a town.
For raids?
Raiders who are not town members spawn at graveyards.
Raiders who are members of a town spawn at their own town.
Town members killed inside their own town spawn at their own town spawn.
For towns concerned with defending against raids they can secure the no pvp spawn pont and install an armory/equipment room so that re-spawning mebers could emerge fully equipped from a central location, together.

I have seen bedspawning before on other servers where it worked well. I dont think it can work here at HC. Its just not that kind of server. If it worked they would still be using it. The current system was implemented to solve a problem with the old system. If the current system is flawed returning to the old flawed system is not a solution.
I am not saying that mine is the right solution. It would probably be difficult to code, and be heavy. Perhaps an analogy can express my point.
If your roof has been leaking for years and your house is in shambles, but the foundation is intact. You don't dig that up. You rebuild on the strong foundation that you already have.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

I wouldn't say that the old system was flawed. I hardly ever saw people camping.

As for your idea, hmm, it's very much the same as graveyards, just closer to your town/house. We've discussed this before. Beds would enable the raided to get back to their house, and to not have to approach the raiders on the way. Beds would also enable more complex/strategic raids, as they'll allow PvPers to set up small camps outside of a town to work from.

What happens when you die all the way accros the map from your bed, you will have no chance to get your stuff. Or in warshard. You guys are only thinking of town camping.

Isn't that what Sanctum was like? Zeal was like that, and I found it very hardcore. I lost a lot of stuff to that, but I learned to take a bed with me! :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There is usually at least 1 staff member online at all times. Also, is it common for guides and proctors to be online, so any bedcamping that happens usually gets reported/dealt with quickly.
Yes it may get dealt with quickly but it creates a lot of unnecessary work that we have already removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.