• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Concerns

Avoir

Obsidian
Maybe, but I think we already have some changes ready for Dragoon. I'm going to go check if spear/impale are getting the needed buffs to compensate changes--if not I will post about it
Alright thanks if you could post about the spear throwing skill that would be appreciated too

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah it's a good idea there's a lot of change that dragoon needs but for the meanwhile couldn't you just make jump work only out of combat and implement charge

What the heck is the point of jump if you can't use it in combat? The Dragoon would then be the worst melee class there is with zero reason for it's poor combat.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
What the heck is the point of jump if you can't use it in combat? The Dragoon would then be the worst melee class there is with zero reason for it's poor combat.
Jump would be better in combat-but you wouldn't be able to jump away unless you got out of combat

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I personally don't see anything wrong with it as is. You don't see Dragoons killing people left right and centre all day long on the server. I don't even know were this need to "balance" (lol) is coming from. What you DO see are wizards blowing people up all day long on the server.

As things seem to be going, it will just get so gimped compared to other combat classes that it will go unused in favour of a class that can kill things.

Avoir

Obsidian
I personally don't see anything wrong with it as is. You don't see Dragoons killing people left right and centre all day long on the server. I don't even know were this need to "balance" (lol) is coming from. What you DO see are wizards blowing people up all day long on the server.

As things seem to be going, it will just get so gimped compared to other combat classes that it will go unused in favor of a class that can kill things.
Changing how jump works is not making dragoon worst kim, its making a skill useful in pvp and that is amazing. Dragoon is more of the "I'm going to run like a little girl and be worthless in a fight" so why not make it skills better and actually make dragoon a good class in team fights.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
My take on every class is here
Ranger
Nerf Hp
Nerf Damage
Ninja
Rework
Nerf Shurkins
Runeblade
might need a damage nerf
Bard
very strong support
nerf damage and hp/tankyness
Wizard
Damage nerf
Pyro
Pretty good tbh
Necro
Nerf Bonespear
Beguiler
idk cuz no plague bomb
Druid
Nerf ability to kite and heal
Cleric
good
Bloodmage
add in better healing or make it a mage and just have shaman take its position so it can be balanced as a mage
Shaman
Meh tbh its ok but if windgale wasn't so strong and kb and only 1 fireball from firetotem hit you it would be fine
Dragoon
make jump lung in combat
Berserker
fine
DreadKnight
fine
Paladin
can paladin have a damage nerf? as a paladin I was doing some massive dps by divine stunning and hitting I could get someone to almost half so it was really easy to kill with.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Quick question: Do these suggestions actually take place? Curious how a conclusion is arrived at.

Majority rule as per the balance team? Based on what is heard around the forums and server? Or one persons opinion? (Factoring in Kainzo's veto power.)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Quick question: Do these suggestions actually take place? Curious how a conclusion is arrived at.

Majority rule as per the balance team? Based on what is heard around the forums and server? Or one persons opinion? (Factoring in Kainzo's veto power.)
the balance team looks over the numbers and easy-to-implement changes and gives them to kainzo, who then gives a look over and decides yay or nay. there may be a couple other steps between balance and kainzo, but I know them not.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8

Balance team is like a suggestions forum where no one lets personal bias and hyperbole shape their arguments. The discussion is generally therefore more intelligent, has more attempts at math, less likely to be derailed (example: the fighting within THIS thread), and more likely to be implemented by Kainzo.

However: As far as I can tell, Kainzo still plays the largest part (really the entirety of the role besides some coding) in the actual implementations of what goes in-game and what does not. He DOES pay attention to Suggestions forums comments (and Balance forums) to make his decisions though, so that's where you as a member of the community can be heard by staff and peers.

The point of this thread was to bring some of the more pressing issues regarding balance from our peer's perspective and to make sure that everyone's voice was heard prior to the 5.30 patch. The thread has been useful but seems to have run its course.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Balance team is like a suggestions forum where no one lets personal bias and hyperbole shape their arguments. The discussion is generally therefore more intelligent, has more attempts at math, less likely to be derailed (example: the fighting within THIS thread), and more likely to be implemented by Kainzo.

However: As far as I can tell, Kainzo still plays the largest part (really the entirety of the role besides some coding) in the actual implementations of what goes in-game and what does not. He DOES pay attention to Suggestions forums comments (and Balance forums) to make his decisions though, so that's where you as a member of the community can be heard by staff and peers.

The point of this thread was to bring some of the more pressing issues regarding balance from our peer's perspective and to make sure that everyone's voice was heard prior to the 5.30 patch. The thread has been useful but seems to have run its course.

Thanks for the feedback guys, this will help in my providing more constructive input. Felt as though I had to fight for my classes welfair. I feel confident in the matter being treated fairly.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
My take on every class is here
Ranger
Nerf Hp
Nerf Damage
Ninja
Rework
Nerf Shurkins
Runeblade
might need a damage nerf
Bard
very strong support
nerf damage and hp/tankyness
Wizard
Damage nerf
Pyro
Pretty good tbh
Necro
Nerf Bonespear
Beguiler
idk cuz no plague bomb
Druid
Nerf ability to kite and heal
Cleric
good
Bloodmage
add in better healing or make it a mage and just have shaman take its position so it can be balanced as a mage
Shaman
Meh tbh its ok but if windgale wasn't so strong and kb and only 1 fireball from firetotem hit you it would be fine
Dragoon
make jump lung in combat
Berserker
fine
DreadKnight
fine
Paladin
can paladin have a damage nerf? as a paladin I was doing some massive dps by divine stunning and hitting I could get someone to almost half so it was really easy to kill with.
@PewPewPewLasers u disagree please elaborate?