• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Concerns

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Keep up the concerns - this paired with balance team is how we're going to get things done - you must make logic arguments and or proper bug reports for me to care.

Thanks!

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
These issues have been resolved in patch 5.3. Bladegrasp now lasts base of 5 seconds. Lunge has a range increase of 2 blocks and Rupture is now doing 20 dmg per 2 blocks moved (base)
Just think of the SuperJumps...

RagingDragon5

Portal
I noticed with the horse mount skill that they don't get dismounted after the player getting hit. I would suggest fixing that, and making it to where you can't mount while in combat.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I noticed with the horse mount skill that they don't get dismounted after the player getting hit. I would suggest fixing that, and making it to where you can't mount while in combat.
Vanilla (Non-mount-skill) Horse Mounting IS disabled in combat.

Not sure if Paladin/Dreadknight mount-skill Horse Mounting in combat is intended, thanks for bringing it up.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Vanilla (Non-mount-skill) Horse Mounting IS disabled in combat.

Not sure if Paladin/Dreadknight mount-skill Horse Mounting in combat is intended, thanks for bringing it up.

Sorry wasn't specific. Pally and Dreadknight horses doesn't dismount.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Its fine being able to use in combat, if you get hit you get dismounted. No problem with that.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
it seems everyone is thinking of disciple from a 1v1 point of view... there's a reason it's classified under the SUPPORT branch. chakra is an instant, group heal that removes debuffs which is amazing, it also can keep melee classes off your ranged dps such as wizards with forcepush/pull. it's melee damage with blaze rods and fish isn't too bad, doing more than DK or berserker's base damage. fistofjin isnt actually that bad, it's a very helpful passive heal, which rewards you for staying in combat. as said previously, disciple's damage is fair considering its not a dps class. support does not always mean healing, however healing is helpful which it can do.
disciple isn't really a 1v1 class.... ask almost anyone who plays(ed) it its usually a solo that doesn't heal its friends much....

Ruger392

Obsidian
Shaman needs some help. When firestrike totem is on cd you're playing a game of run for your life. The heals are to weak to do anything good, the melee dmg is weak so shaman basically has one move that does any dmg.

Maybe get shaman another dmg totem

Or buff shaman heals

Or lower cd to 35 or 40 seconds. One minute cd's is out of this world!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
The skill isnt usable in combat and dismounts if the rider takes damage... test it out please.
oh? when did they get fixed? last time I played pally or DK they were usable in combat and it was bugged to where if you hit people or if people hit you it had about a 25~% chance to dismount, and you could go an entire combat without dismounting.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Shaman needs some help. When firestrike totem is on cd you're playing a game of run for your life. The heals are to weak to do anything good, the melee dmg is weak so shaman basically has one move that does any dmg.

Maybe get shaman another dmg totem

Or buff shaman heals

Or lower cd to 35 or 40 seconds. One minute cd's is out of this world!
if this happens firestrike totem is getting nerfed hardcore. 200~ damage per fireball is too much in my opinion.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
oh? when did they get fixed? last time I played pally or DK they were usable in combat and it was bugged to where if you hit people or if people hit you it had about a 25~% chance to dismount, and you could go an entire combat without dismounting.
Try it on test.. lets see.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Wizards kit seems to be useful in too many ways. I always thought of wizard as a utility based class (group teleport, port, blink) but it seems like it's offensive skills are turning it into a very mobile, high damage class that is useful for groups and on its own. I don't know about everyone else but I'd say it has the ability to be useful for way too many situations.
I'm not entirely sure what to do in terms of balancing but I think it's damage abilities need to be weakened, possible with some buffs on other skills to make up for it to make it into a more useful team class rather than the strong solo mage it currently is.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I just recently mastered necro in about 2 days time, and I have 2 small suggestions for the class.

The damage of drainsoul be increased by about 20, as well as the healing.

Bonespear range nerf to 15, and the cooldown upped to 9 seconds.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I just recently mastered necro in about 2 days time, and I have 2 small suggestions for the class.

A damage buff? seriously?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

I don't think drainsoul should be upped, it's not really meant to be a super hard hitting skills, you already recover 120% of that as health. I think it should be left as is.
As much as I love bonespear, I do agree with the range nerf, not the CD increase however, as it is a Necro's main skill for a while.
But 20blocks is a heck of a distance for 100+ multi-target attack, 15 would definitely be more reasonable.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think it might be the fact that you can't actually hit the person when they are on a horse-you can only hit the horse

Glacial_Reign

Portal
When you're on a horse you have a smaller hit box and you're not actually hitting the player. So yeah there's that.

Btw I hope the melonmancer idea has been scrapped. Good god that was an awful idea.

Instead of making new classes I suggest fixing the classes we have now like beguiler to do what they intend to do and be. And these hybrid classes need to not take so many points in every attribute to actually do what the class was before there were attributes.