• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Concerns

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
When you're on a horse you have a smaller hit box and you're not actually hitting the player. So yeah there's that.

Btw I hope the melonmancer idea has been scrapped. Good god that was an awful idea.

Instead of making new classes I suggest fixing the classes we have now like beguiler to do what they intend to do and be. And these hybrid classes need to not take so many points in every attribute to actually do what the class was before there were attributes.
I will never let melonmancer be a real thing.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
A damage buff? seriously?

I don't think drainsoul should be upped, it's not really meant to be a super hard hitting skills, you already recover 120% of that as health. I think it should be left as is.
As much as I love bonespear, I do agree with the range nerf, not the CD increase however, as it is a Necro's main skill for a while.
But 20blocks is a heck of a distance for 100+ multi-target attack, 15 would definitely be more reasonable.

Bonespear needs a longer cooldown. The skill right now is too spammy for its low cooldown. Increasing it by 1 or 2 seconds would help with that.

As for drainsoul, it only deals 70 damage, and heals 90. 70 Damage is not a lot of damage. I guess the healing is fine, but I feel for one of necro's core moves, considering it has a warmup and a slow on it, it should be increased slightly.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think so. Even with AOE they still stay on the horse.
It's not just the horse taking the hits (that should dismount as well, even fall damage should dismount), I lost a good heart and a half (about 200 HP) in the escape.

Avoir

Obsidian
Alright people, let's talk about dragoon. Personally I think dragoon is okay how it is atm they may need a few tweaks such as fixing the shitty spear range, maybe removing the warm up on impale but reducing the damage on it, and since we lost SJ were supposed to be getting a new skill to replace it. Kainzo said he wanted to add a new defensive skill for dragons, but I don't think that's the right path to go. I think dragoon should be more of a " sure I can jump away but I'm going to stay here and die fighting" class, I suggest maybe a new skill such as Aim of god, the name doesn't matter, but the idea is something like throwing a spear. Again this is just my ideas I have a bunch of concerns about dragoon and yes atm I think it's not being played the right way and it is not built the right way either.

- No flaming please .

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I kinda agree with Franky, dragoon is not exactly in need or defensive move and such. Losing superjump makes it already make it unable to just escape on a tall building and such. And damage wise it is not the best either, having 2 of his skills base on spear damage. And seriously, their legendairy weapon... spear of kain, brakes rather quickly in fights, cause it is gold.
And on test, I heard they nerfed the hell out of it. Dragoon kinda need to be about the same strength damage wise as berserker, though a bit less cause of mobility.
I just feel sorry for dragoons right now, cause hearing what I heard, it will be nerfed so much that it will be nearly unplayable for a lot of people.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Without super jump, goons now have similar mobility to classes with blink. But without mega bolt.

GG

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Still confused to why people keep saying spear and impale have shitty range (6 range is double of most melee skills...). Though removing the warm-up on them in needed. In the case of damage, they just have so few skills. With the removal of super jump, they have a total of 10 skills (not counting "potion" and such.) Maybe like Evanist skill where they throw a spear or such (would be nice to make agility more useful for them.)

Avoir

Obsidian
Still confused to why people keep saying spear and impale have shitty range (6 range is double of most melee skills...). Though removing the warm-up on them in needed. In the case of damage, they just have so few skills. With the removal of super jump, they have a total of 10 skills (not counting "potion" and such.) Maybe like Evanist skill where they throw a spear or such (would be nice to make agility more useful for them.)
Sorry friend but the range on spear is not 6 blocks, it's more around 2-3 Blocks range on the main server.

Avoir

Obsidian
Also while we're talking about mobility I just want to point out that any class that uses a horse has now more mobility than a goon, wizard, ninja. That does not make any sence, dragoon is supposed to be the class with the most mobility. While I do not agree on this that's what the class is.

Ultanian

Portal
You could give dragoon a lunge type skill, except it doesn't have to be targeted and is just for mobility. That way by using the skill repetitively, the dragoon can have higher speed and mobility. A final suggestion, have this lunge skill's distance based on the strength.

Avoir

Obsidian
You could give dragoon a lunge type skill, except it doesn't have to be targeted and is just for mobility. That way by using the skill repetitively, the dragoon can have higher speed and mobility. A final suggestion, have this lunge skill's distance based on the strength.
. Yes I love that idea, I was thinking that we make jump a skill that can only be used outside of combat but add a single target charge or lunge that stuns for 1 second or no stun at all. It would stack with agility tho. Good idea again

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
From the wiki:

You attach a grappling hook to your next arrow fired within 4 seconds. If you aim up and hit the landscape you are pulled to the point where your arrow lands (up to 40 blocks away) and are protected from fall damage for 4.5 seconds.

With no super jump, the goon has less mobility then the ninja and is by far less deadly. A ninja does 130+2 per str and bypasses armor with evercerate.

The goon's max attack is 55+1.625.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
We were talking about a different use for jump in combat-a lunge/charge skill that does some damage and brings you to the target. But since the main limit we were given with this patch was no new code. Hopefully in the future we could have something like this (would also prevent the dragoon from running away while in combat-their jump would be a charge)

Avoir

Obsidian
We were talking about a different use for jump in combat-a lunge/charge skill that does some damage and brings you to the target. But since the main limit we were given with this patch was no new code. Hopefully in the future we could have something like this (would also prevent the dragoon from running away while in combat-their jump would be a charge)
Yeah it's a good idea there's a lot of change that dragoon needs but for the meanwhile couldn't you just make jump work only out of combat and implement charge

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah it's a good idea there's a lot of change that dragoon needs but for the meanwhile couldn't you just make jump work only out of combat and implement charge
Maybe, but I think we already have some changes ready for Dragoon. I'm going to go check if spear/impale are getting the needed buffs to compensate changes--if not I will post about it