• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Concerns

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Please post any concerns you, the community, have about combat or profession balance.
Notice the thread does not say "Balance Ideas". Keep it brief and highlight whats wrong.

I am posting this here because I am asking people to suggest their brief status reports, and because Suggestion forums has a history of being the place to call attention to balance issues.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Aha, I guess I'll be up first.

ExplosiveShot: this is more a complaint than a balance concern, but I don't think a direct hit should light your target on fire. It is incredibly frustrating to hit someone with an arrow, then have the next two bounce off.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Is Dragoon meant to be a warrior or a rogue? Because right now it seems like a very mobile, tanky and high damage class. I reckon it either needs its damage lowered or it's armour/hp reduced but I might be wrong...

Is Dragoon meant to be a warrior or a rogue? Because right now it seems like a very mobile, tanky and high damage class. I reckon it either needs its damage lowered or it's armour/hp reduced but I might be wrong...
My suggestion for dragoon:
Make base gold spade damage to ~50
Remove CDs on Impale and Spear
+2s CD on Jump
Increase base stamina regen (by like 2-5).

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I have another concern. Quite frankly, melodicbinding is shit. That's all there is to it. It does low damage and has a crappy slow that isn't noticeable. I suggest it be raised to slowness II or III (not slow IV, that was so op in DG haha).

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Aha, I guess I'll be up first.

ExplosiveShot: this is more a complaint than a balance concern, but I don't think a direct hit should light your target on fire. It is incredibly frustrating to hit someone with an arrow, then have the next two bounce off.
I kinda don't agree with that. Ranger is already quite over powered. It's already so hard to stay on you. Missing 2 shots because of fire ticks is not going to kill you. It's fine in my opinion.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
My suggestion for dragoon:
Make base gold spade damage to ~50
Remove CDs on Impale and Spear
+2s CD on Jump
Increase base stamina regen (by like 2-5).
I like it. They did kinda make spear and impale a little bad this map. Well I still find impale useful but some don't. Spear has no range on it either lol.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Right now, the goon is weak as hell. Its mobility helps little in combat other then to run away. So as a melee class it is weak as hell.

Its lunar lance only drains 180 mana, which is barely a scratch considering a wizard can burst the goon to death 2 times over before he can use a third lunar lance.

All it is good at is running away, chasing down people who were raped already, or pissing people off. It is rare that its jump proves helpful it combat, other then running away.

I've played this class since September and often feel underpowered compared to every other class. To gimp it anymore would render it useless.

EDIT: I think it is fine as it is, perhaps raise its mana drain to 250. Its a class of opportunity. To stalk and pounce on weaker enemies, to reduce it further would be a mistake.

Last edited:

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I kinda don't agree with that. Ranger is already quite over powered. It's already so hard to stay on you. Missing 2 shots because of fire ticks is not going to kill you. It's fine in my opinion.
Then nerf the damage on it. You shouldn't have a skill that cripples the rest of your damage.

macura

Diamond
Right now, the goon is weak as hell. Its mobility helps little in combat other then to run away. So as a melee class it is weak as hell.

Its lunar lance only drains 180 mana, which is barely a scratch considering a wizard can burst the goon to death 2 times over before he can use a third lunar lance.

All it is good at is running away, chasing down people who were raped already, or pissing people off. It is rare that its jump proves helpful it combat, other then running away.

I've played this class since September and often feel underpowered compared to every other class. To gimp it anymore would render it useless.

EDIT: I think it is fine as it is, perhaps raise its mana drain to 250. Its a class of opportunity. To stalk and pounce on weaker enemies, to reduce it further would be a mistake.

Oh you are quite misinformed my good sir, for that would be a terrible idea.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh you are quite misinformed my good sir, for that would be a terrible idea.

Are you commenting as someone who has played more as a wizard or goon? That would explain your comment.

If it's a matter of one class beats another no matter what, then each class should have a counter class that just one hits them, like rock paper scissors. Wizard clicks melee classes and they die, melee clicks rangers and they die, rangers click wizards and they die.

That is the attitude I get around here.

Ultanian

Portal
Seems everyone gets attached to a certain class and gets butthurt whenever someone suggests nerfing or changing it... Guys try being other classes for a change :)

macura

Diamond
Are you commenting as someone who has played more as a wizard or goon? That would explain your comment.

If it's a matter of one class beats another no matter what, then each class should have a counter class that just one hits them, like rock paper scissors. Wizard clicks melee classes and they die, melee clicks rangers and they die, rangers click wizards and they die.

I am commenting as someone who has played both and buffing lunar lance mana burn to 240 is pretty fucking overpowered. If goons are getting shit on by casters or wizards then just buff the spear range, goons easily have enough burst and gap closers to nuke down casters unless they get kited.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Then nerf the damage on it. You shouldn't have a skill that cripples the rest of your damage.
I think the Fire Ticks on ExplosiveShot are fine, they add in a RP element, and the knockback the skill provides means that you can use the time the target is alight defensively.

You never played Ranger with FireArrow. You have no idea how long it took to change that skill. ExplosiveShot should be receiving adjustments, but I doubt it will have its Damage nerfed to the point that the Fire Tick removal would be justified.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8

Nope, Herocraft hasn't balanced around the R-P-S Triangle, the Checks and Balances, and the Circle of Counters for like 2+ maps now.
Now we aim for each class to have a distinct role, advantages, and disadvantages, and for any two classes to be able to meet and interact with variety and/or be a useful part of a party dynamic.