• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Bloodboil for Bloodmage now takes 125 hp to cast.
I really think such a high cost is unnecessary... Especially since the damage is so mediocre...

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
This I have found pretty grieving on the last few raids I went on. However, I believe that if a target takes any form of damage while cc'd they should have whatever cc effect is on them wear off.

I have found what I would consider to be a bug. If I piggify someone, and they use any sort of damaging skill on me, then my piggify wears off. I can't remember who it was... It might have been @macura1 who told me that this was intended. I don't think this is intended, correct me if I'm wrong. Piggify is a crowd control skill. Crowd control skills in mmorpgs generally snare, stun, or slow the target. The only way that people should be able to remove the cc is either:
1) Take some form of damage.
2) Dispel whatever cc is on them i.e. escape artist, chakra, etc.

I don't believe that piggify should wear off simply because a samurai bleed managed to tick the second I piggify my target. Just my input on the subject.
Pig doesnt break when the caster takes damage anymore.

EDIT: Nvm, its only for samurai bleed O_O (need to test other dots) Kainzo fix pls :D

Glitching out of piggify by right clicking the pig doesn't work on the test server, but it does work on the live server.

• Curse for Dreadknight is ridiculous, you can have a 100% uptime on it right now. I would suggest upping the cooldown to 15-20seconds.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Alator

Sorry I have yet to moe the balance report, I have the thread ready except for one thing. I'm waiting to hear back from Kainzo about Paladin health pools. With the hectic server issues I doubt he will have the time to look at it so I might just put it up as is for the time being. If anyone has something they want to run by me for the report let me know via forums today before I post it.

We need to take a look at Caster and Rogue health pools along with Warrior spec damages to double check before I post the report. I do think Paladins need a lower basic attack damage if their armor stays the same, but for the time being we can't really determine that until Kainzo steps in.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Going to issue out demotions if players keep using the balance team as a personal agenda group.

Changes will be made - it's true. Don't take it personal, you aren't your class and you arent here to just "balance your class" - there's a massive picture here that you must see.

Bloodmages are being completely retooled as a group healer via their damage. They will drain more of their own life to heal their entire group.

Paladin's are being revamped to heavy mitigation to group utility / control - they will retain their armor but will lose some of their hp (So far they've been reduced from 6 hp per level to 5.5 hp per level - this number will probably need more changes)

I've yet to see anything about PROFESSIONS and what they need to be more inline / fun to play.

If you want to be on this balance team, you need to straighten up - if you are posting in public, people think your opinions are that of the entire team and indirectly myself. Change your stupid signatures and get serious. I'm not going to tolerated a wall of text with grammatical errors from any of you if you do so choose to speak in public on balance issues.

I will be reviewing members of the community that make sound posts and have constructive feedback to see if they want to join in on the team.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Just because I voice opinions on the class I am most familiar with does not mean I am only here for that reason. I have given my two cents on multiple classes aside from just Bloodmage.

Their group healing passive isn't in the game yet, we are supposed to balance based on existing skills. The increased health cost would make sense if it were active in game though.

Sorry if it feels I am acting with my own class in mind, I just am the most experienced with that class, and feel I am most suited to make calls on it at this point in time. Just as c12 would be most suited to make calls on Dreadknight, and so on.

macura

Diamond
I think that a good way to help balance out pally would be by adding a warmup on the skill layhands.

Layhands forces people to kill the pally twice, which is very difficult because of the high hp and high amounts of armor. This really impedes rogue and warrior based specs because most of their damage is melee, which is negated by armor, making the task of killing the highest armored spec twice extremely difficult.

Adding a 2-3s warmup on layhands (currently instacast) would prevent the pally from using it when they are just about to die, essentially giving them two lives. It also gives others the possibility to interrupt the layhands with bash, kick, exedra.

Anyone agree/disagree please respond with your ideas.

macura

Diamond
So
Paladin
Skill: Layhands.
Mana/stam: No change.
Cd: 15 minutes is good.
Warmup: Change from insta-cast to 2-3s warmup.

@c12095 - You have played pally before and know more about it than me, do you think this would be a good change?

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity, my computer got fried and the charger broke so within the next week I should be back. Again, sorry for the inactivity

c12095

Holy Shit!
@ShizzDawgg

I know your home today and you were worried you would have nothing to do; I want you to look at Runeblade skill order, and adjust it for a smoother leveling process.

Some things for you all to think about.

I am going to be reviewing both Runeblade and Pyromancer to see what the overall issues are, I believe that having a slow/root/move speed increase will solve Pyromancers issue, but I will be double checking all of their skills to make sure. As far as Runeblade, when I played it, they seemed a little bit too vulnerable due to a lack of survivibility, however this may be due to the fact that the skills are skewed to favor higher much more than it should. I think that a Health increase would be in order, and possibly another piece of Chainmail if we are looking to keep their damage the same and instead increase survivability. Of course, we also have to account for the fact that more armor would give them more sustaniable damage.

There are currently a large amount of complaints about Ice Arrow from Ranger. Personally I see no issue with this skill, it is a key skill to Ranger survival and if changed, needs to be done very carefully. I think we should reward accurate shots and possibly increase Ranger Bow Damage, and if so we may be able to nerf the amount of time Ice Arrow slows. However, we must also account for Server Lag and how it affects accuracy. That one lucky shot may just save the Rangers life, but if the slow timer is decreased, we may have them killed with no fault of their own.

We still need to tweak Paladin some more. I'm not too sure what area to hit right now but they are still too strong. I want to say their armor, but i'm not 100% on this. I could use some outside imput on this subject.

Dreadknights could use some changes as well. They still posess far too much burst damage and the class has no real challenge in a fight. This is due to the fact that they possess Empathy and Harmtouch. @Kainzo , if your view on Harmtouch is still unchanged, then we need to possibly lower Empathy damage, or increase it's CD. 20 seconds for around 200 damage is far too much, it our ranks Harmtouch in 40 seconds, compared to the CD of 15 minutes on Harmtouch. Their dot's seem to be fairly in line, we might want to increase their CDs a few seconds, you are able to keep them on the target 24/7 as long as you are in range of the target but this will kill your mana supply fast, but not before your target has been killed.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes Paladin needs to be sorted I hear people constantly complaining about Paladins winning 3/4v1 fights.
I've heard multiple Ideas but I'm not sure what to do about it.

From my experience which will be slightly skewed since I'm playing runeblade atm which itself is well known to be underpowered at the present. I've found that I'm stunlocked until I'm at around 1-2 hearts at which point I don't stand a chance at fighting back. But this could just be due to runeblade being too squishy.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
@c12095

Sorry if this is hard to read. I just woke up and I need caffeine. e_e

Anyways...

I like your idea on runeblade. I can't say I have any clue of what it needs at the moment seeing at is possibly the shittiest class in the game, and I have never encountered one. I think increased health and armor might help its cause.

I'm going to get with PernixPike on the test server today and see if I can find anything worth changing for paladin. I'm currently debating between heal and reckoning as one of their 2 skills that makes them a bit stronger than they should be. Not entirely sure though.

I personally find nothing wrong with a rangers ice arrow. That shit is hard to land, and if they land the shot, they should usually be guaranteed the kill. Besides, the slow can always be dispelled and most classes have some sort of ranged that they can counter attack with if shit gets nasty or they can just try to run away and hope that the ranger misses his attacks.

As for dreadknights, harmtouch NEEDS to be removed. @Kainzo This class is op and has been op since the beginning of Dragongarde. Blatantly said. A tank class should NEVER have any single target high damage ability. They are the 2nd tankiest class in the game and are perfectly fine without harmtouch. C12095 played dreadknight most of last map and he rarely used it because he knew it was overpowered for the dreadknight to use. He still kicked ass in a lot of fights though.

Keep in mind that the dots of a dreadknight do not use stamina, only mana (using the wiki for this, I may be wrong about what they actually use in game). So, not counting auto attacks, the dreadknight can pull a massive amount of damage strictly in dots out of his ass.
Here's what he can do strictly in dots:
Decay - 175 true damage over 20 seconds
Soul Leech - 150 true damage over 18 seconds, 100% heal for the dreadknight
------------------------------------
325 true damage PLUS a heal of 150 for the dreadknight

^ These skills both have a 12 second cooldown, so they will last the entire fight. They do not cost any stamina and I find that pretty overpowered given the tankiness of this class.

Now here me out, but I personally think that there could be about a 3-4 stamina cost for both of the dots the dreadknight has as an alternative to the removal of harmtouch. Their ability to run up to someone, drop both of their dots, and then harmtouch them usually leaves most people in fright as half of their health is missing, they're taking continuous damage, the dreadknight is healing over the duration, they're being whammed on by the dreadknights axe, and the inability to kill the dreadknight due to its tankiness. This class is supposed to deal a moderate amount of damage, but not too much because it is a tank. I believe that if you add stamina costs to decay and soul leech, this problem can be fixed without the removal of harmtouch.

Possible Changes:
Decay - 25 mana, 3 stamina - 175 true damage over 20 seconds
Soul Leech - 15 mana, 5-6 stamina - 150 true damage over 18 seconds, 150 heal
-or-
Harmtouch - 0 mana, 9 stamina - REMOVED.

I'd personally vouch for harmtouch being removed. As would most of the server if you ask them. I understand that you believe that harmtouch is a necessary asset to the class, but I personally think it makes them way stronger than they need to be. 2 nukes + heavy dot damage as well as tankiness make this class scream overpowered. Just my input, please take it into consideration even though my sentence structure is a bit f'ed up (sorry, just woke up).
Thanks.
-shizz

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Yes Paladin needs to be sorted I hear people constantly complaining about Paladins winning 3/4v1 fights.
I've heard multiple Ideas but I'm not sure what to do about it.

There is no doubt in my mind that they are overpowered as hell. The current problem I see with them is that
Things I personally think should be fixed with paladin to make them less of a bitch to kill:
1) Reduce the slow of their reckoning from 3 seconds to 1 second and remove the damage that it deals.
2) Reduce divine stun from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
3) Increase cooldown of conviction from 6 seconds to 45 seconds.
4) Layhands needs a warm-up timer of 2-3 seconds.

These all seem harsh, I know. However, I believe that simply being able to wear diamond armor is a huge perk for the paladin. Reckoning acts almost as a stun for people who use spoutcraft. Divine stun+reckoning has allowed paladins to literally stunlock me and kill me from the point of me being at full health as a master beguiler, to nothing. Cooldown of conviction needs to be reduced because it is INCREDIBLY overpowered. 20% reduced damage as long as the paladin is alive makes almost no sense, it should be situational instead of simply given to them. Paladins live for far too long with layhands being instant cast. I believe that if you make it have a warm-up, then they will not be able to faceroll almost all rogues.

The way I see it, warriors in general should have a hard time with caster classes. This is not currently not the case with paladins and I believe that nerfs are definitely in order. :x

c12095

Holy Shit!
We wont be removing harmtouch. It's a base ability for the Dreadknight class in both lore and play.

You have to give us something to work with here Kainzo. I know your dead set on keeping it, what if we lower the damage and CD to make it a instant low damage low cd spell? If we could do this we have room to lower the damage of other spells while still keeping the overall Dreadknight presence.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
@c12095

Attempt at Smoother Leveling Process for Runblade

10 - ToxicBlade
20 - IceBlade
25 - FireBlade
30 - FlameShield
35 - DuskBlade
40 - RuneWord
50 - BladeDance
55 - One
60 - Firewave

Sort of seems fine to me. This is the best I could come up with. :/

macura

Diamond
@c12095

Attempt at Smoother Leveling Process for Runblade

10 - ToxicBlade
20 - IceBlade
25 - FireBlade
30 - FlameShield
35 - DuskBlade
40 - RuneWord
50 - BladeDance
55 - One
60 - Firewave

Sort of seems fine to me. This is the best I could come up with. :/
I like this alot because of the lower levels for the blade attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.