• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

macura

Diamond
I'd like to suggest that Dreadknights have the harmtouch skill removed. No tanky class should EVER have more than 1 gap closer(harmtouch and empathy). Seeing as they are the 2nd tankiest class in the game, have a fair amonut of sustained damage from dots, and 2 nukes, I currently view them as overpowered. Anybody want to vouch for this?
I think that they might need to be checked over because if pally does it its health nerfed, dk would have the most health. To be honest though, i believe that dk is not the largest problem here. I think that anything needs to be nerfed it should be sammy's one. They are far to tanky and high damage for them to have a 20 second duration one. I remember last map fighting sammies towards the end after one was given to them became run for my life and pray for one to end soon(was a wizard). I don't think that the problem is that they have the still but more that 20 seconds is a very long time. I would suggest a lower stamina cost of 6 (currently 8) and a duration of 10s instead of 20 while putting the cd at 40 s (currently 45). Anyone else agree?

macura

Diamond
Acctually it is a Deciple skill i believe and they go up 5 blocks but i beleve adding an additional two blocks would even out the offense damage for the decibel.
Im not sure that desciples need this to be honest. They do alot of damage especially against casters because they can throw casters around like rag dolls without having to worry about their melee damage. For example a desciple is not going to want to stand next to a ninja because of their high base damage while they will pull a caster spec right next to them and beat them to death. They seem to be having no trouble killing casters and a flying kick buff would affect casters more than anyone else.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Im not sure that desciples need this to be honest. They do alot of damage especially against casters because they can throw casters around like rag dolls without having to worry about their melee damage. For example a desciple is not going to want to stand next to a ninja because of their high base damage while they will pull a caster spec right next to them and beat them to death. They seem to be having no trouble killing casters and a flying kick buff would affect casters more than anyone else.
Agreed with completely. DISCIPLES(in caps for obvious reasons) can kill any good caster with ease. OP bandage. :c

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
I would recommend removing divine stun (logic behind giving tanks a 3 second stun?) and increasing the cooldown of shield reflect from 7 seconds to 15 or more for Paladin. If divine stun really needs to stay, turn it into an attack speed slow, like constrict without the speed slow, this promotes their role as a tank without punishing caster classes.

Paladin is way strong in combat due to their pull + stun lockdown, I can't imagine this working out well in the long run.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I've looked through this, and it seems a lot of good discussion is going on.

@c12095 could you make a new post titled "Balance Report: 10/3/2012" with a list of everything your team wants changed to test which occurred after I modified the Pyromancer values? Talk to them and determine which skills you want to tweak, and I will modify the test server appropriately. How about 7 days after I change the test configs, you let me know if there are any that should be reverted or further changed and we go from there.

Keep in mind this is just to analyze your suggestions, and may not make it to Live following Kainzo's review.

macura

Diamond
I would recommend removing divine stun (logic behind giving tanks a 3 second stun?) and increasing the cooldown of shield reflect from 7 seconds to 15 or more for Paladin. If divine stun really needs to stay, turn it into an attack speed slow, like constrict without the speed slow, this promotes their role as a tank without punishing caster classes.

Paladin is way strong in combat due to their pull + stun lockdown, I can't imagine this working out well in the long run.
Ya i noticed this also yesterday when i was fighting a pally. The two slows together can really mess up a caster. The only thing that casters have over warriors is their ability to do damage at a distance and the combination between a forcepull/stun and a stun is devastating. Even when i blinked the slows allowed the pally enough time to get me down to 3 hearts. The reason i didn't die was that when i was first slowed i blinked so it took longer for the pally to get to me. Any other caster spec would die in this situation because these slows back to back give the pally way too much time to kill the caster and no other caster spec has a skill like blink.

I agree that the single target slow is a little unnecessary. It is mainly being used against caster specs (i think) and currently paladins are hard enough to kill as a caster because of pray and their high hp. When fighting a pally casters are faced with the challenge of mana conservation because although they have a lot of mana, the mana is used up very quickly because the pally can pray and layhands.

I think that paladins don't really need the single target slow because they are a support class and should not be as effective as they are in 1v1s are they are in group fights (which is their main purpose).

I agree that the removal or at least a change in divine stun needs to be made. I'm not sure if shield reflect needs to be nerfed though.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
It is
I'm not sure if shield reflect needs to be nerfed though.
Currently on a 7 second cooldown if I heard Falker correctly. 3 seconds of reflection every 7 seconds is OP, especially against burst casters. You should use a skill like that wisely, not just spam it around for easy kills.

macura

Diamond
It is

Currently on a 7 second cooldown if I heard Falker correctly. 3 seconds of reflection every 7 seconds is OP, especially against burst casters. You should use a skill like that wisely, not just spam it around for easy kills.
Ya i guess the cd needs an increase. Need to find out % mana consumption because that is a factor also.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Am I the only one who thinks Dragoon deals too much damage for it's mobility and control? A single impale kills, or severely weakens any caster it hits. It is the same as Paladin, should Dragoons have a 4 second bind with the amount of damage they can output?

I thought warriors were supposed to be weak to casters D:

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
This is probably saying a lot, but i was thinking, since a dragoon can kill a ranger more easily than a ranger can kill a dragoon, i was testing camouflage and i feel it should at least last for 15-20 seconds. or dragoons empale do a little less damage. or spear.

c12095

Holy Shit!
This is probably saying a lot, but i was thinking, since a dragoon can kill a ranger more easily than a ranger can kill a dragoon, i was testing camouflage and i feel it should at least last for 15-20 seconds. or dragoons empale do a little less damage. or spear.

Dragoons and Rangers are complete polar opposites. Rangers live at a range, Dragoons live to stay in your face. Its pretty clear that a Dragoon would win when range is taken away from the Ranger. I don't see Camouflage helping them avoid Dragoons easier, seeing as it breaks on combat. As far as Impale and Spear damage, armor severely reduces both of their damage. Leather Armor alone reduces both to around 50 damage.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Yea, but i mean, they want all the classes to be balanced right? so i was just thinking about making them a little more balanced. Dragoon and ranger that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.