• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

macura

Diamond
Suggestion for pyromancer:

Remove the warmup on their skill blaze. This would boost their group pvp ability a lot because having low amounts of armor and being slowed while trying to get off an aoe gets you killed a lot and the skill would be less tedious to get off. Also it would help the pyro catch people because the fire damage it causes might prevent anyone who would be running away from sprinting.

Also possibly reduce the cd on fireblast. This would help them a lot against armored opponents because fireblast hits through armor and because it is a targeted skill it is almost guaranteed damage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Going to go ahead and get my ideas down for you all to see, on my iPod so format is weak. This should catch you all up to speed, read and comment

Wizard-

Bolt: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0. Possible damage increase, need to get exact numbers later today.

Megabolt: reduce warm-up from 2.0 to 1.5

Shock: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0

Necromancer-

Poison: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)

Web: current warm-up of 1 second, decrease to 0.5

Decay: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)

Pyromancer-

Kainzo any word on their possible new root/slow/speed boost?

Beguiler-

Icebolt: severe damage nerf, possible cd increase (will get numbers later today)

Fireball: damage nerf (will get numbers today)

Plaguebomb: damage nerf (will get numbers later today)

Mystic-

Rejuvenate: increase from 30 every 3 seconds to 40 every 3 seconds.

Chant: reduce warm-up from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduce cd from 2 minutes (I hope the wiki is wrong saying this) to 15 seconds.

Chakra: I believe mystics should be granted this skill, if not this one then a new AoE heal over time.

Bloodmage-

Kainzo said a new skill taking a % of their damage to heal their party was in the works, I believe with the addition of this skill Bloodmage will be fine.

Despair: currently no warm-up, give 0.5 warm-up, possible increase cd time(I'll check today)

macura

Diamond
Going to go ahead and get my ideas down for you all to see, on my iPod so format is weak. This should catch you all up to speed, read and comment

Wizard-

Bolt: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0. Possible damage increase, need to get exact numbers later today.

Megabolt: reduce warm-up from 2.0 to 1.5

Shock: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0

Necromancer-

Poison: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)

Web: current warm-up of 1 second, decrease to 0.5

Decay: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)

Pyromancer-

Kainzo any word on their possible new root/slow/speed boost?

Beguiler-

Icebolt: severe damage nerf, possible cd increase (will get numbers later today)

Fireball: damage nerf (will get numbers today)

Plaguebomb: damage nerf (will get numbers later today)

Mystic-

Rejuvenate: increase from 30 every 3 seconds to 40 every 3 seconds.

Chant: reduce warm-up from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduce cd from 2 minutes (I hope the wiki is wrong saying this) to 15 seconds.

Chakra: I believe mystics should be granted this skill, if not this one then a new AoE heal over time.

Bloodmage-

Kainzo said a new skill taking a % of their damage to heal their party was in the works, I believe with the addition of this skill Bloodmage will be fine.

Despair: currently no warm-up, give 0.5 warm-up, possible increase cd time(I'll check today)
For wizard i would suggest an icebolt damage nerf for 150 to 125 if the warmups were to be implemented. If there were to be any any bolt damage increase/the warmup reduction, i would suggest icebolt only do around 100 or 90 damage.

Also if the damage bolt does is increase it would probably be best to make the damage start off at what it is right now, and scale it by level.

Overall i think this looks really good atm.

c12095

Holy Shit!
For wizard i would suggest an icebolt damage nerf for 150 to 125 if the warmups were to be implemented. If there were to be any any bolt damage increase/the warmup reduction, i would suggest icebolt only do around 100 or 90 damage.

Also if the damage bolt does is increase it would probably be best to make the damage start off at what it is right now, and scale it by level.

Overall i think this looks really good atm.

I think CC skills should by nature have lower damage, they should not be heavy damage dealers because they allow you to either deal massive damage, or escape. So I agree if those changes were to happen Icebolt should recieve a damage nerf.

I think bolt should give an "OH SHIT" reaction to players when its used. Currently, sure the lightning scares players, but I have come to realize that a bolt is really just minor damage. If you get shocked by lightning you better fear it imo.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Reformatted C's stuff because organization.

About the only thing I don't get is why you suggest nerfing Icebolt and Fireball on Beguilers. I could see maybe favoring Icebolt a bit more and weakening Fireball, but both...? Maybe I'm missing something. PlagueBomb's damage does seem slightly excessive though, I'm on board for that.

EDIT: I hate it when I save half-baked edits. All fixed, should be understandable now.

Wizard-
  • Bolt: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0. Possible damage increase, need to get exact numbers later today.
  • Megabolt: reduce warm-up from 2.0 to 1.5
  • Shock: reduce warm-up from 1.5 to 1.0
  • Icebolt: Possible damage reduction
Necromancer-
  • Poison: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)
  • Web: current warm-up of 1 second, decrease to 0.5
  • Decay: increase damage slightly (need to get exact numbers today)
  • Despair: currently no warm-up, give 0.5 warm-up, possible increase cd time(I'll check today)
Pyromancer-
  • Any word on their possible new root/slow/speed boost?
Beguiler-
  • Icebolt: severe damage nerf, possible cd increase (will get numbers later today)
  • Fireball: damage nerf (will get numbers today)
  • Plaguebomb: damage nerf (will get numbers later today)
Mystic-
  • Rejuvenate: increase from 30 every 3 seconds to 40 every 3 seconds.
  • Chant: reduce warm-up from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduce cd from 2 minutes (I hope the wiki is wrong saying this) to 15 seconds.
  • Chakra: I believe mystics should be granted this skill, if not this one then a new AoE heal over time.
Bloodmage-
  • Kainzo said a new skill taking a % of their damage to heal their party was in the works, I believe with the addition of this skill Bloodmage will be fine.

macura

Diamond
Reformatted C's stuff because organization.

About the only thing I don't get is why you suggest nerfing Icebolt and Fireball on Beguilers. I could see maybe favoring Icebolt a bit more and weakening Fireball, but both...? Maybe I'm missing something. PlagueBomb's damage does seem slightly excessive though, I'm on board for that.

The reason why their damage is being nerfed in general is that with piggify and masspiggify, beguilers can perform an unavoidable catastrophic nuke. It is unavoidable because it not only forces you to ride the pig, but it also silences you for the duration that you are on the pig. As a result of this i believe the only possibly ways to prevent the combo are escape artist, possibly chackra(not sure about this one) or if the beguiler misses everything.

c12095

Holy Shit!
leftovers5 Welcome back to the team.

I need you and Dazureus to take a look at crafter specs, see what you think could be improved, and get back to me. They need to be useful, but at the same time fun classes, so lets see what we could do to change up some of the specs to be more useful.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
leftovers5 Welcome back to the team.

I need you and Dazureus to take a look at crafter specs, see what you think could be improved, and get back to me. They need to be useful, but at the same time fun classes, so lets see what we could do to change up some of the specs to be more useful.
Thanks, and sounds good to me.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Thanks, and sounds good to me.

Specificly take a look at Scribe/Farmer/Miner. Theres not much we can do about Engineer/Mason, and Smith/Enchanter/Merchant seem to be pretty well off. Kainzo mentioned Scribe possibly getting Beacons in the next update, so that might solve their issue.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Alchemist -
They haven't been as appealing to most since they lost the ability to make practical chainmail to smiths. Currently, we could incorporate lapis and emeralds into their transmute ore ability. In 1.4, alchemists should be able to use dye along with scribes. To add much more value to alchemists, they should be able to make mob heads in 1.4, for a potentially pricy cost (ex: 50 bones + 2 spider eyes + 20 arrows + 1 bow = 1 skeleton head, or 200 bones + 100 soul sand + 2 spider eyes + flint and tinder = 1 wither skeleton head).

Enchanter –
Enchanter has always seemed a bit masochistic to me – you mine for X hours to get a whopping X amount of experience to lose it in an enchant or two. Obviously it’s a trade off, but I know tons of people shy away from enchanter when they hear that you lose your hard earned levels. With this in mind, you could potentially restrict the amount of enchants in a matter of hours/days to allow players to keep their levels.

Engineer -
They seem pretty fleshed out as is. It might be extreme, but restricting tripwires, buttons, and pressure plates to them is a possibility to add more practical use (many engineers don't have any idea how to actually use the redstonition commands given to them).

Farmer –
Again a masochistic class, nobody in their right mind wants to spam break crops all day for tiny amounts of exp. Almost all mastered farmers I know have used and still use the sheep shearing method. Granted it’s a good way to do it, but nobody is actually doing the FARMING portion of farmer. With this in mind, it might be a good idea to greatly increase crop experience (1.5x to 3x) and decrease sheep experience (I know, again). In 1.4, possibly restrict carrots on a stick to farmers.

Mason –
The mason is a cool class, as well. I brought up restricting tripwires, buttons, and pressure plates to engineers before, and I think this could also apply to masons. Yes, everybody loves falsebook, but what vanilla minecraft purpose do they play? Not much as it stands.

Merchant –
Villager trade and ender chests at the same level (55)? I think these should be tapered apart in the merchant skill earning scheme. Possibly set ender chests at 45 or 50 instead, as the villager trade is one of the things most people go merchant for. Is gift still broken? It’s a neat idea, but I don’t think anybody uses it, especially since the range is only 15 blocks… Overall, merchant is good class that needs a few tweaks to get it on par with that of mason or smith.

Miner –
Increase the .15x chance per level increase for a double drop from ores (maybe to .3x?). This is one of miner’s most important and critical skills that simply does not come out to be worth it in the end. Superheat is useless, and I’ve heard “Light” can be detrimental to mining itself (creating lag and blocking vision below you). Excavate is a nice skill, but I hear it’s not useful when you’re using a high efficiency diamond pickaxe. TNT is in the right place, though, and that’s why most people go miner in the first place.

Scribe -
I've always felt the scribe is a slight offshoot from enchanter, and could easily be combined into enchanter. Restricting books/bookcases/written books/maps to them should definitely be considered. Paintings/item frames too? In 1.4, scribes should be able to use dye along with alchemists, as well as beacon usage as mentioned before. I also want to bring something up - what really is a scribe? It seems like we just smashed a bunch of semi useless combat/misc. skills into a profession and hoped for the best here.

Smith -
Probably one of the best classes right now with the ability to make chain, I don’t think it needs that much adjustment. From experience, this is a rewarding class and I know many others can say the same.

Also, unrelated, but it would be need if Necros got a skill to spawn bats in 1.4 - maybe like 5+ or so that could potentially protect them from damage as the bats would absorb a few hits.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'd like to propose that plaguebomb's damage and cooldown go back to what they were before they were nerfed. Without icebolt, the nuking capability of the class has been severely hindered.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'd like to propose that plaguebomb's damage and cooldown go back to what they were before they were nerfed. Without icebolt, the nuking capability of the class has been severely hindered.

Shizz, could we have some exact numbers?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Sorry I haven't added to this discussion so far, Schoolwork surprised me yesterday...
Not that I'll make tons of excuses, but I thought I should tell you why I didn't follow through this time around.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Sorry I haven't added to this discussion so far, Schoolwork surprised me yesterday...
Not that I'll make tons of excuses, but I thought I should tell you why I didn't follow through this time around.

Don't sweat it; review Leftover's post on each Crafter Spec here, I want to hear your ideas on it:

Alchemist -
They haven't been as appealing to most since they lost the ability to make practical chainmail to smiths. Currently, we could incorporate lapis and emeralds into their transmute ore ability. In 1.4, alchemists should be able to use dye along with scribes. To add much more value to alchemists, they should be able to make mob heads in 1.4, for a potentially pricy cost (ex: 50 bones + 2 spider eyes + 20 arrows + 1 bow = 1 skeleton head, or 200 bones + 100 soul sand + 2 spider eyes + flint and tinder = 1 wither skeleton head).

Enchanter –
Enchanter has always seemed a bit masochistic to me – you mine for X hours to get a whopping X amount of experience to lose it in an enchant or two. Obviously it’s a trade off, but I know tons of people shy away from enchanter when they hear that you lose your hard earned levels. With this in mind, you could potentially restrict the amount of enchants in a matter of hours/days to allow players to keep their levels.

Engineer -
They seem pretty fleshed out as is. It might be extreme, but restricting tripwires, buttons, and pressure plates to them is a possibility to add more practical use (many engineers don't have any idea how to actually use the redstonition commands given to them).

Farmer –
Again a masochistic class, nobody in their right mind wants to spam break crops all day for tiny amounts of exp. Almost all mastered farmers I know have used and still use the sheep shearing method. Granted it’s a good way to do it, but nobody is actually doing the FARMING portion of farmer. With this in mind, it might be a good idea to greatly increase crop experience (1.5x to 3x) and decrease sheep experience (I know, again). In 1.4, possibly restrict carrots on a stick to farmers.

Mason –
The mason is a cool class, as well. I brought up restricting tripwires, buttons, and pressure plates to engineers before, and I think this could also apply to masons. Yes, everybody loves falsebook, but what vanilla minecraft purpose do they play? Not much as it stands.

Merchant –
Villager trade and ender chests at the same level (55)? I think these should be tapered apart in the merchant skill earning scheme. Possibly set ender chests at 45 or 50 instead, as the villager trade is one of the things most people go merchant for. Is gift still broken? It’s a neat idea, but I don’t think anybody uses it, especially since the range is only 15 blocks… Overall, merchant is good class that needs a few tweaks to get it on par with that of mason or smith.

Miner –
Increase the .15x chance per level increase for a double drop from ores (maybe to .3x?). This is one of miner’s most important and critical skills that simply does not come out to be worth it in the end. Superheat is useless, and I’ve heard “Light” can be detrimental to mining itself (creating lag and blocking vision below you). Excavate is a nice skill, but I hear it’s not useful when you’re using a high efficiency diamond pickaxe. TNT is in the right place, though, and that’s why most people go miner in the first place.

Scribe -
I've always felt the scribe is a slight offshoot from enchanter, and could easily be combined into enchanter. Restricting books/bookcases/written books/maps to them should definitely be considered. Paintings/item frames too? In 1.4, scribes should be able to use dye along with alchemists, as well as beacon usage as mentioned before. I also want to bring something up - what really is a scribe? It seems like we just smashed a bunch of semi useless combat/misc. skills into a profession and hoped for the best here.

Smith -
Probably one of the best classes right now with the ability to make chain, I don’t think it needs that much adjustment. From experience, this is a rewarding class and I know many others can say the same.

Also, unrelated, but it would be need if Necros got a skill to spawn bats in 1.4 - maybe like 5+ or so that could potentially protect them from damage as the bats would absorb a few hits.

macura

Diamond
Alchemist -

Enchanter –

Engineer -

Farmer –

Mason –

Merchant –

Miner –

Scribe -

Smith -

Alchemist:
I agree with what you said about alchemist, being able to craft mob heads would be pretty cool and unique for them. I also think that the transmute conversion rates should be buffed a little; i believe that the conversion for lapiz is 16(wiki says 12 but im not sure if that is right) to 1 diamond.

I would suggest-
A reduction in cd of transmute to 1 minute (from 2)
10 lapiz for 1 diamond (instead of 12)
The coal conversion rate is ok
Then 16 iron ore for 1 gold (currently 18) It fits into a stack much better and makes transmute far better.

Enchanter:
For enchanter i don't really think that putting a max amount of enchants per day would make it a more attractive crafter class. It might save people some levels but it would greatly reduce their effectiveness in general. I have to ask if the xp needed to enchant stuff was increased since last map, because i remember enchanting knockback 2 swords for 60 xp each when now people are telling me it takes 150 xp each. I would suggest a low required xp cost in general, this would make them more appealing and take care of the massive xp loss.

Engineer:
To be honest i don't know that much about engineers, or how they work so i don't have an expert opinion on them. However from what i can tell they are still extremely useful when the engineer understands what they are doing.

Farmer:
I agree that it would be good to boost the amount of xp you get from actually farming instead of just nonstop shearing sheep.

Mason:
I would agree to restricting tripwires to masons however i would not agree to restricting pressure plates and buttons to masons. I don't agree with restricting pressure plates to masons because if a mason we needed to place them, i don't think people would use them anymore. It would be too large of a hassle to put in something that really doesn't do that much, especially because it offers no protecting to a house on a regioned area. I don't agree with restricting buttons to masons because then it might require several different types of crafter specs to finish one project. Lets say you wanted to build a redstone system that encorperated pistons and was activated by a button. Then you would have to bring in a mason and an engineer. This would make creating cool redstone devices a lot harder and more annoying than they have to be.

Merchant:
I currently think that merchants are pretty good off at the moment because of their ability to trade with villagers, allowing them to get items that otherwise, are impossible to get. These items, such as fortune picks, make them alot of money and more than make up for a lack of a central trading location such as the trade district that we had last map. I would suggest, however, more events in which people would obtain villager eggs because if only some people have villagers then the wealth starts to pool especially when the group of people are able to get a really good deal. Also the amount of emeralds needed to upgrade a town is impossible to achieve without having villagers to trade with, or buying it off of someone who has villagers for staggering cost.

Miner:
For miner i do agree that an increase in their double drop in necessary. I also think that there needs to be a new way to get gunpowder. Gunpowder is going to become extremely rare, because it is used as a reagent, most people just drop it when they get it, when a creeper is killed it sometimes drops gold nuggets instead and because of tnt. When tnt comes out the price of gunpowder is going to skyrocket, making it an extremely expensive reagent and make tnt very expensive. People will most likely rely on their miners to obtain the tnt and it will take alot of tnt to make a cannon so this will put a large burden on the miner.
I suggest:
.5% x level change of obtaining gunpowder when you mine coal.
This would make gunpowder far less rare, and lift a large burden off the miner. Also there is a large supply of coal and coal would be the most logical thing to obtain gunpowder from.

Scribe: I think that restricting writing books to scribes would be good but i don't really agree with restricting book cases to scribes because they are used far too often because it wouldn't help the scribe, just be annoying for the rest of the server.

Smith: I think that smiths are very well off at the moment especially because they will be able to use anvils with 1.4.

Overall i liked your presentation of the crafter specs and this is my review of the presentation.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Beguiler changes:

Plaguebomb - Increase damage to 233 from 200. Reduce cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds.
With a 10 second cooldown on plaguebomb and the removal of icebolt from the beguiler, I primarily depend on fireball to kill people which is sometimes pretty hard to land. Piggify works in some situations, except when I take damage, my fireball kills the pig, or my target right click the pig to hop off of it. With beguiler cc being relatively weak, I'd like to propose that plaguebomb revert to what it was before beguiler was nerfed. My class is much better off without icebolt, but depends primarily on skill shots whilst plaguebomb is on cooldown. In order to compensate for my cc and damage loss, I'd like to see plaguebomb buffed. Feel free to provide your input if you disagree. On my phone atm so sorry for typos if there are any.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Mason:
I would agree to restricting tripwires to masons however i would not agree to restricting pressure plates and buttons to masons. I don't agree with restricting pressure plates to masons because if a mason we needed to place them, i don't think people would use them anymore. It would be too large of a hassle to put in something that really doesn't do that much, especially because it offers no protecting to a house on a regioned area. I don't agree with restricting buttons to masons because then it might require several different types of crafter specs to finish one project. Lets say you wanted to build a redstone system that encorperated pistons and was activated by a button. Then you would have to bring in a mason and an engineer. This would make creating cool redstone devices a lot harder and more annoying than they have to be.
I basically agree with everything that's been said, but that's why I said to restrict tripwires/pressure plates/buttons to engineers AND masons.

Status
Not open for further replies.