• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alliance for Progress Impediment

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
the diffrence wit this formed town is we took ( no offense) most of the better PvPers, builders and town members to this town. yes we only have 13, but 13 good members beats 22 newbies. and holyrane i don't think you should be criticizing other towns when yours fell within two months. oops did i just say that?
What town? The CC? I didn't lead it. I make real shit bro, check out that bloodline/new hope. Yeah damn straight I fucking made New Hope bitch. The CC was a pastime that was fun :).

donnymeyer

Obsidian
What town? The CC? I didn't lead it. I make real shit bro, check out that bloodline/new hope. Yeah damn straight I fucking made New Hope bitch. The CC was a pastime that was fun :).
i did not say you started it and new hope? from zeal?

Aetosion

Obsidian
i'd rather burn my IG money then give it to you
I'm afraid that's not possible, unless Kainzo's goes through with implementing tangible currency. (Golden Nuggets? Eh? Kainzo - DHX buys gold at 9c, there are 9 golden nuggets per ingot :D).

5pyPig

Legacy Supporter 4
I am normally siding towards letting people do their own thing, but at the same time I see the value in evil people making them tougher and better. My own point of view is that weak leaders will lose their towns naturally. Raiders make sure of that. What your group needs to do is help set revolution within the corrupt, big communities. Less trolls in charge is way more important than hitting hamlets.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
well in all honesty, it took just me grey and keal to dominate the server with 35 online so.... ~100 people you would need around 7-10 people to control it as bloodline did.

Aetosion

Obsidian
5pyPig - Define corrupted town. Additionally, without taxes, a hamlet could be built of a dirt square, and be completely impervious to raiders- surviving in perfect security with no conceivable end. A.P.I. can provide both raiders and taxes!

HolyRaneypoopoo - Teach me your witchcraft!

donnymeyer

Obsidian
I'm afraid that's not possible, unless Kainzo's goes through with implementing tangible currency. (Golden Nuggets? Eh? Kainzo - DHX buys gold at 9c, there are 9 golden nuggets per ingot :D).
idc if the money is tanigable or not ill figure out how to burn it before giving it to you. you want to get rid of small good towns, not the unproductive from the looks of it. and sorry holy, it was from SANCTUM

Aetosion

Obsidian
About half the unproductive, tiny hamlets are evil. They need to go just as much as the Good and Neutral ones. I'm on no Karmic crusade, the A.P.I. is for the greater good!

Shadeking

Gold
why do you think new towns is a problem,
and who cares if there less than 15 people in a town/hamlet
if they can run it and supply the money necessary then i say
let them run their town

and if people wanna join a big town let then do so

Aetosion

Obsidian
These small personal freedoms negatively affect the server! Weak hamlet leaders don't need money to sustain their town or hamlets because of the lack of taxes.

Shadeking

Gold
These small personal freedoms negatively affect the server! Weak hamlet leaders don't need money to sustain their town or hamlets because of the lack of taxes.
well if they dont got money then they will loose their region and they will get destroyed/raided.
see? the problem solves it self

100th post

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
There should be huge Kingdoms instead of small indvidual Hamlets. I'm in.

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
If there are the better established and larger towns, how come that still so many people prefer to live in small hamlets?

What if the "large" towns had been stomped in the ground, before they had a chance to become large? I'm not saying that all small hamlets will evolve to something bigger, but hamlet is and will be the first stage of a town, no matter what it will become. And do you think the mayors of the currently large cities are the best mayors and all mayors of the small hamlets don't have the potential to be the King of a Kingdom someday?

As a mayor of a (as you'd say) "small" hamlet with 15 members, I can tell you that we're not unproductive or drawing the potential recruits away from the large towns. We are just what we want to be and let the recruits know that. If they like our idea of a "ideal" town/hamlet, they'll join and if our town wasn't there, they probably wouldn't join yours since it's not what they've been looking for. Furthermore there are some advantages that a "small" hamlet has compared to the big cities.
  • We know each member well and personally (unlike the big cities... and don't tell me that isn't true. I've experienced it myself)
  • We don't overrecruit and don't expand as fast as other towns do, thus we try to only recruit top quality members, who are willing to put effort into the town and don't just join to be part of "something bigger". We know they don't join to have the chance to steal and nobody will notice or to hide behind their townmembers and are actually scared of pvp'ing. By recruiting low lvl players and seeing how a small hamlet evolves into a town/city/etc. they will make a "bond" with the town and its members and thus be one of the more loyal members.
  • As Mayor, I don't have to handle so much stuff simultaneously and thus can concentrate on one thing at a time with a probable better outcome.
  • Less people = Higher Security. We're small, yet we know we don't have thiefs, raiders or renegades amongst our members.
  • We have a clear structure/hierachy. We don't have people making changes on the town security or other important things like it can happen in larger towns.
  • Being the best town is not about having the most members. It all depends on these members and especially to their relations to the town and the leaders. We don't need the strongest pvp force of dragongard, neither do we need the richest members. What a good town needs are: Loyal, reasonable, mature, kind, helpful and considerated members. Not a bunch of kids swinging their axes and swords trying to destroy other towns, before they even had their chance.
And I could list a lot of other points, but I'm going to stop there.
If you feel that the small hamlets take your members and your funds, than do something. There is a reason why people choose to live in small hamlets. Make your town unique, create something that not every town has, make people want to join your town. Don't just complain that there are too many hamlets that prevent kingdoms from being formed.
And think it one step further. Do you really think these players would join one of your towns, if your town was the one which destroyed their previous town? No, they'd join another town with the goal to destroy your alliance and your town...

TL;DR
Destroying other towns and being a douchbag is not the way to go. Make other people want to live in your town. Work on yourself and your town, not on the others.

No offense.

Aetosion

Obsidian
At times douchebaggery is a necessary evil. When it's Kingdom v Kingdom, it's always quite interesting. My town of Erebos (60 Members), has a raiding schedule with 8 something hamlets on its path. All of them combined into one, and they could defend themselves.

At the moment, hamlets do not have any significant tax to pay. If the tax was higher, this problem would self-regulate, sadly this is not the case. The addition of hamlets trivialized the monetary commitment nessecary for a community region. That is why A.P.I. Is neccessary!

donnymeyer

Obsidian
im in. i thought you were anti-good town. and Upb34t and Aetosion , how about large kingdoms with:
one capitol
2-3 cities
5-6 towns
8-9 hamelts

very large empire with 3 subdivisions. VERY large empires. this solves both problems. love this idea