• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alliance for Progress Impediment

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Not only are there too many hamlets, but there are too many hamlets that are not productive nor contributing in any way to the community! In fact, an interesting statistic shows that +16/38 hamlets/towns have 15 members or less! The horror!

Think how those members could be used more productively in larger, more established towns and hamlets!
Something I think you have failed to remember is that Herocraft is a large server with a varied player base. There are people who simply wish to create a small community for their OWN players. It is incredibly difficult to trust a stranger on Herocraft now. Malum has a total of 14 citizens. This is for two reasons:
There is an upcoming MAXIMUM citizen feature for HTTP. Hamlets currently have a 15 player cap. This may have changed in the last week or two when I've been spaced out, but it does not look good for those of us who never intend to expand past Hamlet.
The second reason is that we do not desire to waste space on players who do meet our ideology. In this instance, I would applaud towns with the bare minimum of 10 good members, and curse those who have 40 members that do not share the towns mission. If you have a good town of 30 citizens, 13 of which are bandits and murderers, it's time to prune.

With my annoyance vented: Malum will happily oppose you in every arena available.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i still stick by my large empire idea- also, my empire idea would improve warfare- there would be a good six or seven empires most if not all rivals. during war, the hamlets, towns and cities must be taken and held before capturing the capital.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
i still stick by my large empire idea- also, my empire idea would improve warfare- there would be a good six or seven empires most if not all rivals. during war, the hamlets, towns and cities must be taken and held before capturing the capital.
People tend not to enjoy losing everything the worked for. This idea would suit an anarchy server far better.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
People tend not to enjoy losing everything the worked for. This idea would suit an anarchy server far better.
technically, your not loosing anything except control of your empire (lol) you will still have your towns/cities/hammies, but you are under new rule.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Leaders of towns are allowed to destroy the towns. Kings/queens can order the destruction of any town in the kingdom, and can remove any citizen from the kingdom, including mayors. So let's say a kingdom is conquered, by a jerk no less. The towns are all deregioned because he now owns it, and all citizens are expelled. The towns are dead and up for griefing/theft, and all the hard work it lost. bleh.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
At times douchebaggery is a necessary evil. When it's Kingdom v Kingdom, it's always quite interesting. My town of Erebos (60 Members), has a raiding schedule with 8 something hamlets on its path. All of them combined into one, and they could defend themselves.

At the moment, hamlets do not have any significant tax to pay. If the tax was higher, this problem would self-regulate, sadly this is not the case. The addition of hamlets trivialized the monetary commitment nessecary for a community region. That is why A.P.I. Is neccessary!

I Like this thread because i remember zeal map where the town shiroku could hold of f a kingdom..... SO get rid of these fag places lol. Oh and the CC is still up in running just with significantly less members!

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Lololololol thats right TWO Kingdoms!
Well Atlantis and spire did have to come to the rescue so you guys could fight us off. I GUESS you can call that a win. But anyways back on topic... I really like the idea of this. There are already far too many towns on this map as it is. Mortem and Lorien fully support this.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Well Atlantis and spire did have to come to the rescue so you guys could fight us off. I GUESS you can call that a win. But anyways back on topic... I really like the idea of this. There are already far too many towns on this map as it is. Mortem and Lorien fully support this.
yea lol half of there players fought not even! BUT i never said this GG lol i had fun

Aetosion

Obsidian
donnymeyet Or, remove the hamlets, and turn towns into cities.

WoleverEntun That'd be great, get rid of those pointless hamlets and absorb them up into your thing. Maybe drop 2-3 hamlets/towns in your dominion and upgrade one to a city.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
XD has Nevermore, Newerth, Lightforge, Canterlot, Belegost, and Altum is very closely allied. I believe that NM is already a town, Altum a city, and Newerth a town.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Newerth should get these things called walls, pro tip.

Past that, the A.P.I. approves of your progress! Other communities are a different story.