• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alliance for Progress Impediment

Aetosion

Obsidian
Alliance for Progress Impediment
(A.P.I.)

tggaetos.png
The Alliance for Progress Impediment aims to prevent the undue development and misuse of land, as well as prevent the emotional and economical damages presented by new settlements. New hamlets and towns are sprouting up everywhere, and these are a danger to the sanity of Herocraft.

As Edward Abbey once wisely said, " Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. "

This quote is an inspiration to the alliance.

We aim to prevent unnecessary growth (new hamlets, guilds), by whatever means necessary. They cut off funds, and de-centralize the member base away from current towns. In fact, an interesting statistic shows that +16/38 hamlets/towns have 15 members or less! The horror!

Think how those members could be used more productively in larger, more established towns and hamlets!

Remember when Cities and large Towns were operating on past maps? Remember when there were actual functioning Kingdoms? Those gave our much loved heroes satisfaction in having a place in a functioning community. Sadly, studies by our A.P.I. scientists show this is just not possible with small-scale, struggling, and badly managed hamlets.

Do it for the people!
Do it, for the greater good.
Do it for the taxes!
If you wish to join the cause, post below.

Oh, and focus fire on U.C.T.G.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Not only are there too many hamlets, but there are too many hamlets that are not productive nor contributing in any way to the community! In fact, an interesting statistic shows that +16/38 hamlets/towns have 15 members or less! The horror!

Think how those members could be used more productively in larger, more established towns and hamlets!

Remember when Cities and large Towns were operating on past maps? Remember when there were actual functioning Kingdoms? Those gave our much loved heroes satisfaction in having a place in a functioning community. Sadly, studies by our A.P.I. scientists show this is just not possible with small-scale, struggling, and badly managed hamlets.

Do it for the people!

Added to the main post.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I do agree that there are too many hamlets, and that there should have been a hard limit set at 20-30 maybe, but I would only ever destroy an Evil town, never a Good one, maybe the solution to all this is forming more kingdoms, or forcing hamlets into already existing ones with shows of force.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Edit: DAMNIT Holy, ninja'd my post.

Or, we can do it for the greater good, and kill them off equally? How does that sound, eh?

With all the stimulus members that areabsorbed into all those small dysfunctional hamlets, your town of Lightforge with its dwindling memberbase will soon ... *POOF*.

Keep this in mind.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Same difference. To clarify my personal opinions, not necessarily reflective of the views of A.P.I. as a whole- the Good towns are the least productive, most boring, and most likely to make split off Good towns so they can feel like they have power. Which they don't.

A prime example is your split off town.

This has all been confirmed by A.P.I. funded research scientists from the prestigious Berklinham and Morray Institute for the Statistical Sciences.

Their website is available here:
tiny.cc/BerklinandMorray

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I know it is too many small towns that only is there and don't do anything, but if people want to live in these towns just let them do it, and if enough people do it, the town gets big and they can do something.
My point is:
Let people do what they want, people know it exist big and small towns, most of the people also know that it is much easier to live in a big town when it comes to raids, and such things.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I would agree that basic personal freedoms should be maintained. However, these small towns are a threat to the community of Herocraft, we must put a stop to this dangerous epidemic!

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Same difference. To clarify my personal opinions, not necessarily reflective of the views of A.P.I. as a whole- the Good towns are the least productive, most boring, and most likely to make split off Good towns so they can feel like they have power. Which they don't.

A prime example is your split off town.

This has all been confirmed by A.P.I. funded research scientists from the prestigious Berklinham and Morray Institute for the Statistical Sciences.

Their website is available here:
tiny.cc/BerklinandMorray
the diffrence wit this formed town is we took ( no offense) most of the better PvPers, builders and town members to this town. yes we only have 13, but 13 good members beats 22 newbies. and holyrane i don't think you should be criticizing other towns when yours fell within two months. oops did i just say that?

Aetosion

Obsidian
Identify these "better PVPers", I found none on your citzen list.

Regardless, this is a situation which needs to be dealt with.

Aetosion

Obsidian
That's actually a very good point. While the Admin team is working on reimplementing taxes, let us levy our own fee. 300c a week for a hamlet to be safe from threats to the greater good, how does that sound?

It should be paid direct to the A.P.I.

c12095

Holy Shit!
hehehe extort the server population! I knew we were a good influence on you all :)